[GAME] Battle Of The Seasons Series 2 [Official Launch Thread]

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear it and I'm glad you asked, cause here are the rules:

1. The acts you choose for your class must be in that year only.

2. You can ONLY choose UK acts that have made either judges houses or Live Shows in order to keep a good level of variety and interest.

3. Since the Class from 2010, 2011 and 2012 have been involved before, the list below shows the acts that have already competed and are banned from being chosen again:

Marlon McKenzie
    Cher Lloyd
    Elesha Moses
    Belle Amie

Joe Cox
    Jade Richards
    Kitty Brucknell
    The Risk

Jake Quickenden
    Leanne Robinson
    Carolynne Poole
    District3

So apart from that, there's nothing else to say except that while we're waiting to hear back from Roxie and David, you guys can go off and search for your chosen acts. REMEMBER, you can only choose 1 boy, 1 girl, 1 over and 1 group. You all have until 9:45pm to make your choices and when you have them, DO NOT inbox me or announce them on here until I tell you to, so get searching!
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Hey - good to be part of the panel - have to get thinking for acts for series 8 :)
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Oh my god. This was a pleasant surprise. Thanks so much Soppyfan for having me. And it's a pleasure working with Jacka and George Wong again! Hope we can replay the excitement of the XF vs The Voice game! And I haven't played with David before so hi David! This is going to be great fun.

And oh my god! The category! Thank you so much for giving Series 9! One of my favorite series's with so much variety! I'm not sure who to have on one of my categories but I'm pretty convinced on my others!
    Forum Member
    I have to say without picking the obvious, I'd forgotten just how poor the groups category was for Series 8 :D

Similarly the Overs too, especially as Kitty is out... Carolynne is also out too (I guess); although I guess shes a bit of a weird case
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may think so but as it was proven in the last Series, we had acts that didn't start off as early favorites and I think we may witness it here again.

Oh and just over 20 minutes until you make your final selection, folks.
    Forum Member
    Is it 2 judge's houses acts and 2 live show acts or can it be like 4 live show acts (or 3 live show acts and 1 judge's houses etc.)?

Either way, I've got my final 4. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's up to you and that's it, time's up!

So first of all Jacka, which boy, girl, over and group have you chosen from 2010 and why?
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've based my decisions mainly on who I enjoyed seeing and who I would like to see more of.

Boys - Aiden Grimshaw
    Aiden's got a very unique voice and after working with another vocalist who is similar I think I can use some of my experience to mentor him well and possibly take him quite far.

Girls - Katie Waissel
    Not my original choice but she managed to bring herself up to scratch in her final weeks on the show and I hope that I can harness those great performances and turn them into something that could be a big surprise for everyone.

Over 28s - Mary Byrne
    Not a particularly strong category, but Mary's voice can really carry any powerful song and I hope to use that to my advantage.

Groups - The Reason
    I wanted to steer away from the obvious One Direction and I think The Reason have a great collective voice which could be utilised well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh, a nice selection and I once mentored The Reason, I hope you do better with them than I did.

Okay next is George, same question for you. Which acts from 2008 have you gone for and why?
    Forum Member
    Some interesting picks there :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, George hasn't replied so we'll come back to him later.

Roxie, it's your turn to announce your chosen class of 2012 and your reasons behind them.
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girls Alexandra Burke - Becuase she is a Diva and still to this day I stand by my belief that if she had/ is given the right managment she could have become our answer to Beyonce
    Boys Eoghan - Becuase he is young cute and on paper a perfect popstar. He has a nice voiced and I think I can work well with him
    Over Rachel - I love her voice, I love what she stands for and I am into songs which match her voice
    JLS - Well is there any contest really. But i do think my category is really diverse and I like that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh I see George has taken a few risks, I like that.
    Forum Member
    Groups
    MK1 - I chose MK1 because they're very interesting and I could do so much with them - I've always wanted to coach someone with a distinct R&B feel to them. I've always wanted to mentor an act that can rap too.

Overs
    Melanie Masson - I've chosen Mel because I love old school rock and she's loves old school rock. I love Janis Joplin and she does too. She loves her passionate vocals and I love passionate vocalists. We're a perfect match <3

Boys
    Adam Burridge - Now while the 3 other boys would have been immensely fun to work with, I've wanted to coach someone like Adam for a long while now ever since I messed up with someone in another game who is in the same genre. Now I'm going to rectify my mistake. There is so much to do with Adam's kind of style and voice and I'm so excited! He's also a hot hot hunk (mentor - finalist fling going on here).

Girl
    Now this has been such a difficult choice because all 3 girls who made it to the live finals were AMAZING. They've all got such different styles. So I'm going to base this off variety and who I could potentially mentor the best, I've got one indie/pop/rock act, one rock/soul act and one R&B act. So that leaves a massive gap for me in terms of proper pop acts. So, that means I'm going to choose:
    Ms Ella Henderson
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some great choices there, all of them have progressed far on other games so we'll see how well they'll do here.

So last but not least, David, which acts have you chosen from 2011 and why?
    Forum Member
    So My Team from Series 8 is...

From the Males
    This along with the girls was the hardest choice, I was torn between two acts; neither of whom got much of a look in during Series 8. The two I narrowed it between was Max Vickers and James Michael; both of whom had good voices and a certain style and were unfairly ousted. In the end I went with who I thought was a bit more different and has an amazing job as an amusement park squirrel. Representing the Series 8 Males is Max Vickers!

From the Overs
    This was a difficult choice, Kitty I had already mentored this year and was gone, Carolynne similarly I have mentored and was effectively gone. Which left me with Goldie, Sammi, Johnny, Terry and Joseph. After much thought and consideration I felt that I could only make 1 decision. Representing the Series 8 Overs is Johnny Robinson!

From The Groups
    Again this was quite a difficult decision; The Risk has gone and part of me didn't want to pick the obvious, without the obvious in the equation I wasn't left with a lot. Nu Vibe showed a lot of promise, but I can't see them progressing far here. I was basically torn between 2Shoes and Little Mix. In the end I went with who I thought could go further and I had an easier time picking songs for, representing the Series 8 groups is Little Mix!

From the Females
    Along with the Males this was the most difficult category. I ruled out Janet very quickly as she is far too niche for these games. This choice was between Misha, Sophie and Melanie, in the end I went with who I think hasn't been in these games too often and someone who I think is often overlooked. Representing the Series 8 Females is Melanie McCabe!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at those, I'm sure the rest will be watching!

And with that ladies and gentleman, our line-up is now complete! :D

Please welcome your judges and the Top 16!

jackamakka & The 2010 Class
    Aiden Grimshaw
    Katie Waissel
    Mary Byrne
    The Reason

Wong_Billabong & The 2008 Class
    Eoghan Quigg
    Alexandra Burke
    Rachel Hylton
    JLS

fireemblemcraze & The 2012 Class
    Adam Burridge
    Ella Henderson
    Melanie Masson
    MK1

yohinnchild & The 2011 Class
    Max Vickers
    Melanie McCabe
    Johnny Robinson
    Little Mix

Now, who wants to know what the theme for the first live show will be?

Keep in mind of this, because I have a created a lot of new themes for this Series but there are few that I have kept. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes I do
    Forum Member
    Oh yes I definitely do (bring it!).
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some strong competition, the gloves are coming off ;)
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Johnny FTW!
    Forum Member
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    Johnny FTW!

It was Johnny or Goldie :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, I have an easy one for you all to start with and the theme for the first live show is going to be..

TOP TEN'S!

This is self explanatory really but just to clarify, all you have to do is find ANY song you wish but it MUST have charted in the Top 10 in ANY chart and if you're struggling, covers ARE allowed as well!

So, with that out of the way, let's talk about possible dates. I can't do Thursday 16th because I'm out on an BBQ party after completing University (WOOP-WOOP!). But I can do Wednesday 15th or Friday 17th, is everyone okay with one of those two dates?

Oh and before I forget, remember to send me your sing-off songs as well.
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was Johnny or Goldie :D

Both would have made for very entertaining shows, but I'm glad you picked Johnny as Goldie has been done a few times in these games already. ;)

Pretty good selection of acts here, I like it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Wednesdays better for me personally