Free Broadband & BT Vision to all BT staff

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    As a BT employee, Ive struggled with option 3 BB for a year, as the max they can give me is 500k (I dont live in the sticks either!). In my office half the people can not get more that 1.5mb, so ive gone to cable to get a decent service.

BT are gonna tick a lot of their staff off, by taking the shares away and giving a lot of staff nothing in return.

:cry:
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally100 wrote: »
    the £1 charge is to keep the taxman happy:) ...

Yes otherwise BT would have to pay the equivalent income tax for each employee. Charging £1 makes it a special offer therefore exempt.
  • madmusicianmadmusician Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dad works at BT, and we are getting this - can't wait for BT Vision...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crease2000 wrote: »
    I doubt it will last long?

When I worked for BT I had free dial up access after 6pm (this is years ago now). The monthly fee of about 15 quid was waived. Plus I had a freephone number for technical support. Then they stopped that? I had 2g/bits of website allocation, then they chopped that down to 50 meg. And then when BB was introduced, they stopped everything being free for staff. LOL :)

I've still got my BT shares though. And my o2 ones ;)

How can you have O2 shares? O2 were sold to Telefonica last year by all shareholders. And I am sure that Telefonica are not listed on the LSE.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you have O2 shares? O2 were sold to Telefonica last year by all shareholders. And I am sure that Telefonica are not listed on the LSE.

I have employee shares in the company I work for, but we aren't on the LSE... we're part of a PPP. So it could be possible.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is what I thought, that Telefonica bought them all ala the Glazers buying all the Man U shares.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Just ordered my BTV. Have to wait a month for installation but when i got $ky it took them 8 weeks so not too bad!!:rolleyes:

Not too fussed about the shares to be honest, this seems better to me (i know the old skool people wont agree) but would have been nice if line rental was also thrown in aswell:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Just ordered my BTV. Have to wait a month for installation but when i got $ky it took them 8 weeks so not too bad!!:rolleyes:

Not too fussed about the shares to be honest, this seems better to me (i know the old skool people wont agree) but would have been nice if line rental was also thrown in aswell:cool:

Get yourself skilled up and on the call out list, thats what |I done. I only been on 6 Years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    The Telefonica take-over of O2 Plc was achieved via a share swap.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard about this as my work might be outsourced to them but do you have to pay line rental?
  • DaccoDacco Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but do you have to pay line rental?

Yes.
    5char
  • airfixairfix Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard about this as my work might be outsourced to them but do you have to pay line rental?
    Holy thread resurrection Batman!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Wow...after so long......:confused:

This message has only just arrived at Ursa Minor Beta :D

Infinidim :cool:
    Megadodo Publications
    Ursa Minor Beta
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    airfix wrote: »
    Holy thread resurrection Batman!

This thread first appeared in the Sky / VM forums 4 years ago, but has just become available to BT Vision viewers on demand... :D