Is BB shifting the blame for the fix?

Comments

• gemsmummygemsmummy Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    I'm sorry but what nonsense. The public voted and someone you didn't want to win did. However she got to the final doesn't matter. Please don't keep going on about fixes when Ashleigh supporters were quite happy with their own little fix. Honestly this has got out of hand!

Think most people who are pissed off with Helen winning have watched this nasty, aggressive bully be let off with her vile behaviour from start to finish. Getting in peoples faces, calling them all sorts, threatening to 'punch their head in', making fun of people and having her little gang sniggering behind her, yes, she really is a worthy winner. Of course her win has nothing to do with her agent part owning Channel 5, owning part of OK Mag, watch out for a big spread with her and her hangers on, perhaps that is why those who danced her tune stayed close to her. Let's not forget this women got 14 warnings, but nothing ever came of them, any Helen supporters hazard a guess why?
  • hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    considering it is mostly older viewers that are paying for their kids to view BB who are the ones that are voting.....maybe that was bb's what came first..chicken or egg conundrum.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not an Ashleigh supporter and I am £100 better off because of Helen winning so, that's knocked those two theories out of the water...however, millions of people spent their hard earned cash voting for Ashleigh and Christopher for weeks and weeks and then BB decide to let Helen walk away with the prize money.....no one in their right mind would think that was 'not fixed'
    'Millions of people?'

Are you off your cake? :D
  • hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    gemsmummy wrote: »
    Think most people who are pissed off with Helen winning have watched this nasty, aggressive bully be let off with her vile behaviour from start to finish. Getting in peoples faces, calling them all sorts, threatening to 'punch their head in', making fun of people and having her little gang sniggering behind her, yes, she really is a worthy winner. Of course her win has nothing to do with her agent part owning Channel 5, owning part of OK Mag, watch out for a big spread with her and her hangers on, perhaps that is why those who danced her tune stayed close to her. Let's not forget this women got 14 warnings, but nothing ever came of them, any Helen supporters hazard a guess why?

Lets see if any Helen supporters get back to you with a full and valid reason.
    I doubt that will happen
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice there are lots of threads popping up on Steven and his involvement with C5/BB.

However, we don’t know if Steven ‘is’ involved or not and this story could be a ploy by BB to shift the blame on to someone else and away from BB themselves. .

Either way the show ‘was fixed’ and it needs to be taken off the air until a full enquiry has been carried out because the public have spent a huge amount of money voting on this show and questions need to be answered.

So when are you going to post your proof that it was fixed? If you wanted any credibility you would have posted your proof in the first post, why haven't you posted it yet? Because it doesn't exist and you're just being a crybaby maybe?
  • Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    It's a real shame they are hell bent on turning away older viewers that have been watching for the past 14yrs.

How are they turning away older viewers? I haven't been turned away and I'm not young, and the people I know that still watch are mostly in their 50s.
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    The HMs had all pretty much worked out that he was the PHM anyway so there was no real need for BB to announce to the house officially
    Fact is they didn't though, we know they didn't because they never got in his face over it and that happened to every other HM except Pauline. :blush:
    oathy wrote: »
    think the reason the focus is on Helen

Stories came out about what she actually said
    the supposed 16 warnings
    the free pass that made sure she never faced the public vote
    the iffy fake eviction in the final week that seemed to baffle everyone
    the edits

When the shows boss writes how amazing the series is and how amazing the HM's on the whole are they seem on another planet. I think they need just a new set of faces in there who can see the issues and just fix them not try and convince everyone the format and direction was right the fans/viewers were wrong.
    Helen isn't my focus. I really didn't think that much about her during the show.
    We know about the official warning that she received. The one she got for her argument with Matthew. However we weren't told about Matthew's warning for the same argument. He was just as vicious and went too far as well.
    The free pass was as unfair as the permanent nom. I don't see them as separate entities. To question one without questioning the other seems wrong to me.

The story that I know about what she allegedly said actually has to be taken with a grain as the source is Matthew, who was bitter in the house as well as bitching and rather unpleasant and has continued in the same way out of the house. If Mark or Christopher make the same claim then I will believe it. You used the word stories... is there another story or claim by anyone other than Matthew? FYI if it comes from Toya it's also not true. Their behaviour out of the house has been major deal pathetic. IMNSHO.

The iffy last week??? What about all the iffy weeks? From PHM 1 throughout has been rather iffy. The whole series was one iffy thing after another.

Helen IMO was rarely if ever protected, they seemed to go out of their way to get her riled up and show her at her worst. Chris was DEFINITELY protected. That one show where they showed Jale's response without showing Chris's provocation, was purely to protect Chris. Why did they never show Ashleigh being mean to Chris and Christopher? She was often in a bad mood and she often took it out on those guys but we were never shown her doing it. It was just a bit of conversation between Chris and Christopher only a week or so ago that outed her foul treatment of them. Evidently she was calling everyone dick's all the time but it only made the HL's a bit towards the end.

Thing is there is so much manipulation, so much agenda'd editing how would anyone be able to sort out the real from the manipulation regarding ANY hm for better or for worse.
  • Egg The GothEgg The Goth Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vesna wrote: »

Thing is there is so much manipulation, so much agenda'd editing how would anyone be able to sort out the real from the manipulation regarding ANY hm for better or for worse.

Agree with you so much :)
    Helen, or whoever got it, was always going to be focused on for the final or what was the point of the pass?

The perm nom was the cruellest of BB twists this year.
  • magpi99magpi99 Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    pondie84 wrote: »
    Are you entirely sure you're not just a bit paranoid?
    lol..understatement
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fact is they didn't though, we know they didn't because they never got in his face over it and that happened to every other HM except Pauline. :blush:

Helen isn't my focus. I really didn't think that much about her during the show.
    We know about the official warning that she received. The one she got for her argument with Matthew. However we weren't told about Matthew's warning for the same argument. He was just as vicious and went too far as well.
    The free pass was as unfair as the permanent nom. I don't see them as separate entities. To question one without questioning the other seems wrong to me.

The story that I know about what she allegedly said actually has to be taken with a grain as the source is Matthew, who was bitter in the house as well as bitching and rather unpleasant and has continued in the same way out of the house. If Mark or Christopher make the same claim then I will believe it. You used the word stories... is there another story or claim by anyone other than Matthew? FYI if it comes from Toya it's also not true. Their behaviour out of the house has been major deal pathetic. IMNSHO.

The iffy last week??? What about all the iffy weeks? From PHM 1 throughout has been rather iffy. The whole series was one iffy thing after another.

Helen IMO was rarely if ever protected, they seemed to go out of their way to get her riled up and show her at her worst. Chris was DEFINITELY protected. That one show where they showed Jale's response without showing Chris's provocation, was purely to protect Chris. Why did they never show Ashleigh being mean to Chris and Christopher? She was often in a bad mood and she often took it out on those guys but we were never shown her doing it. It was just a bit of conversation between Chris and Christopher only a week or so ago that outed her foul treatment of them. Evidently she was calling everyone dick's all the time but it only made the HL's a bit towards the end.

Quality observations - especially the BIB :cool:
  • dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member

All the same people who moan about Helen's pass, never once protested against Jale's permanent nomination. In fact, some of these same people were part of a campaign to oust her, even though she possibly shouldn't have been up anyway. It's another case of double standards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    So when you go to cash out your winnings you won't be upset when you are told that they have been given to someone else that bet on a different HM. Other people have placed bets for weeks & weeks on different HMs to win. Why should you walk away with £100?

My husband never watches BB he thinks it’s a load of old *********

A few weeks ago I was telling him about Chris and the way BB were portraying him with their cruel hate campaign and that Helen was also bullying him.

He then asked ‘who is Helen’ and I told him about her and that she had a free pass to the final, he laughed and said “ no you have to be kidding” and that was it…Helen was never mentioned again.

Last night I tuned the TV off as soon as Emma called out Helen’s name as winner. Hubby then said…”I have never ever seen a bigger fix in all my life” and a few weeks ago I backed Helen because this show was clearly ‘fixed’ for her to win, I have won £100 its yours .

My guess is that he is now hoping I don’t watch BB anymore as he has proved his point...
  • Karen_AnnaninaKaren_Annanina Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    What Fix, you mean you didn't want the public to choose the winner? you wanted to fix it so Helen didn't win?

Exactly! They're still claiming a win when the show's over and the actual winner voted for. If AShleigh had won, we wouldn't be whining about fixes and conspiracies.
  • Karen_AnnaninaKaren_Annanina Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A few weeks ago I was telling him about Chris and the way BB were portraying him with their cruel hate campaign and that Helen was also bullying him.

He then asked ‘who is Helen’ and I told him about her and that she had a free pass to the final, he laughed and said “ no you have to be kidding” and that was it…Helen was never mentioned again.

Last night I tuned the TV off as soon as Emma called out Helen’s name as winner. Hubby then said…”I have never ever seen a bigger fix in all my life” and a few weeks ago I backed Helen because this show was clearly ‘fixed’ for her to win, I have won £100 its yours .

My guess is that he is now hoping I don’t watch BB anymore as he has proved his point...

Don't you think your "reports" might have been a little biased? My partner heard Ashleigh's convo with Christopher and asked me how on Earth such a hateful girl could be the favourite to win. So you see, the views of non-watchers are not fully formed and not necessarily balanced.
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too be honest even though the result cant be changed, i would suggest that Ofcom should perhaps look at the voting on the night of the final just to make sure nothing underhand has happened.

I don't get why people would have voted her to win?, i can't get my head around that, I always thought that the general public were a better judge of character but maybe i am wrong?

Tell me if i am wrong, but it just doesn't send out a good message, with a result like that. Its basically rewarding bullying.
  • ArtieArtie Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't get why people would have voted her to win?, i can't get my head around that, I always thought that the general public were a better judge of character but maybe i am wrong?

Tell me if i am wrong, but it just doesn't send out a good message, with a result like that. Its basically rewarding bullying.

It's the part I can't reconcile either. I get that some might find her nonsense entertaining to watch, but I just don't get how such an unrepentant nightmare can be rewarded for her behaviour. I had more faith in the GBP and seemingly this was completely misguided.

Journey, my a$$. Her journey was around the Bolton ringroad and straight back to where she started!
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

WOW what an amazing guy your husband must be - so perceptive and all based on a few off the cuff comments from you.

He should get in touch with Mark - the pair of them would be a great psychic double act to rival Sally Morgan. :D
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you always have to mention Ashleigh supporters? You seem obsessed with them.;-)

Because they are the ones shouting the loudest. In addition this fm has got an obsession with Steven. Nearly every day last week we had a new thread with the title "A vote for Helen is a vote for Steven".
  • orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone remember last year and the same claims that everyone in the show slept with someone/owned by someone/ had a c5 contract etc... and what have they done since...

what happened to all of the spin off shows that dexter and gina and all the other "they were picked by c5 because they were going to be the next... "

its all fantasy land stuff from people many end up questioning their sanity about.
  • Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha This fixed thing comes up every year, it's now a tradition.

People are so up themselves they can't imagine that anyone would vote differently from them.

I sat in a room watching the final with 2 people who only viewed the last 2 weeks of the show and both pulled out their phones and voted Helen. They thought she was hilarious and ballsy.

The show is a game, not a docusoap about how to be in the real world. It's a also a drama with editing to pull out characters and story. That is how it's always been.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice there are lots of threads popping up on Steven and his involvement with C5/BB.

However, we don’t know if Steven ‘is’ involved or not and this story could be a ploy by BB to shift the blame on to someone else and away from BB themselves. .

Either way the show ‘was fixed’ and it needs to be taken off the air until a full enquiry has been carried out because the public have spent a huge amount of money voting on this show and questions need to be answered.

Do you have any proof of a fix?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha This fixed thing comes up every year, it's now a tradition.

People are so up themselves they can't imagine that anyone would vote differently from them.

I sat in a room watching the final with 2 people who only viewed the last 2 weeks of the show and both pulled out their phones and voted Helen. They thought she was hilarious and ballsy.

The show is a game, not a docusoap about how to be in the real world. It's a also a drama with editing to pull out characters and story. That is how it's always been.

Don't go talking sense on the BB forum, it doesn't fit with the current narrative.;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    WOW what an amazing guy your husband must be - so perceptive and all based on a few off the cuff comments from you.

He should get in touch with Mark - the pair of them would be a great psychic double act to rival Sally Morgan. :D

Yeah he is amazing…can’t argue with that. :)

He has been telling me that the thinks BB is all fixed for years because producers have a 'lot to gain' from promoting the person they want to win using clever editing.

He never moans when I watch it but he refuses to watch it himself.

However, his thinking is that you don’t have to be psychic to realize that a housemate who is 33/1 when they have a ‘buy’ to the final has to be valued bet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    It was not a fix bb simply manipulate us the public in to voting for Helen.. advertising manipulates the way we think.. BB did this on a grand scale from day one.. The power trip.. Yep BB always had the power to pick there own winner make BB hit the head lines and guess what it did.. Its marketing in a big way.... Maybe they got darren brown in and ask him how to make people vote for Helen ????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can you ask you husband to give you all the numbers for the forthcoming Health Lottery & National Lottery draws & then PM them to me please?;-)