Options

Galaxy Tab 7.7

superboysuperboy Posts: 4,187
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am interested in this tablet to replace my iPad 2 which I haven't touched in months and am completely bored with. The extra resolution, smaller size and super amoled plus HD screen are all plus's for me. Also seems to work brilliantly with ADW launcher ex, which is good as I hate touchwiz. I own a galaxy nexus so won't have to purchase many apps

Any owners here? Worth purchasing? £480 is a bit steep but still okay (my max for tablets is £500)

Comments

• Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OTT in price but that's just me. The smaller size is obviously both useful and a hindrance.
    I suppose if the netbook had never existed then it might not seem so overpriced. That mega expensive display is its savior if you consider that a 15" OLED TV is £1500.
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm eagerly awaiting the UK launch date. I think the size will be perfect for me.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If bored with the iPad you'll get bored with the Galaxy too, unless you get heavy into the free development software.

It reminds me that that Guardian editor advised readers to buy the iPad and get the developers kit for their kids education.
    Can you actually use that kit and install software you have written to a jailbroken iPhone without paying that $100 per year yet?
  • Options
    458driver458driver Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    The 7.7 is excellent and I'd rather have one over an iPad for sure...

The only problem is it's not cheap - although still under your budget:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-inch-Tablet-Android/dp/B0067G1O88
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The specs of this tablet look fantastic but the pricing is just ridiculous - especially for the 3G models. I think I'll stick to my £169 Playbook.
  • Options
    superboysuperboy Posts: 4,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to get one for £350 online. It's amazing, screen is beautiful, super fast, thin, light, and also loving the metal construction
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    superboy wrote: »
    Managed to get one for £350 online. It's amazing, screen is beautiful, super fast, thin, light, and also loving the metal construction

Would you mind telling us where did you manage to bag one for £350?