Gary Barlow & Nicole Scherzinger - Relight My Fire (Live Gary Barlow & Friends)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cali_girl wrote: »
    I agree but that doesn't give people the right to throw insults at him. Him making jokes about himself is different from his colleague insulting him on national tv week after week for laughs. He was and still is, as gracious and dignified as ever. How he forgave that man child Robbie and his nasty insults is beyond me. He is a very very forgiving man but it annoys me when people think its ok to make fun of him like that because he only makes fun of those he's really close to.

BIB1: i agree:)

i understand what you're saying fully, in that those ribs that she made at him encouraged the papers and the public to make similar jibes, yes? in that sense i guess you're right (although gary's no angel himself...). perhaps the medium of it being live telly is the issue here? see, it annoys me when people make fun of him in a way that's NOT designed to be funny, or gentle ribbing or a little bit of banter, but rather a scathing attack because they can't stand him. (i think that always says more about the person who makes those types of - for want of a better word - "jokes", that it could ever say about the person it targets. they must be very bitter and negative to spend energy on something as lowly and stupid as that.)

BIB2: i also agree with this. which is the main thing that makes me think that him and nicole get on relatively well. he would banter back with her. it was a two way street. like when after the first part of the finals, when discussing nicole's duet with jahmene, gary nudged her and said "the first part of that song - i think that was actually the best i've ever heard you sing!" and gave her hand a little squeeze. (the audience, including gary, couldn't hear her at all. i think she even said in an interview that when she looked down to the judges it was gary who was the one signalling to her about her mic).
    nicole smiled and then said "so back to my two guys still in the competition" and leaned over to give his arm a squeeze too.

i wouldn't say they're besties or anything, but i do think they seem to get on with each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I guess that's subjective for me personally she does have a warmness and when that tone is presented. It's wonderful....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wbw3lhy4Vk 3.05 :)

oh it's definitly 100% subjective. but i don't know, when i listen to her, i recognise that she's a technically very good singer, but for me, that's about it. i don't feel any warmth from her voice at all. that's the main thing that disconnects me from her music - she doesn't move me in any way, at all. (i don't like that performance from her much either. i don't even like that one on a technical level, as she's very breathy and her diction in that one is terrible:o. i can barely understand her.)
    my favourite song from her is easily Buttons, and that's because it's catchy and dancy and completely devoid of any and all emotion. it's basically about sex and that's it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    ^^I understand what you're saying but I am just not OK with some random folks throwing insults at him. Because of all the shyte he went through thanks to Robbie and pretty much everyone in the UK, GBarmy is super protective of him this time around. We've got his back! ;) Love that guy! :D

EDIT: I am an American and I've never heard Nicole sing before Relight. I think 'Pussycat Dolls' wasn't something I was into. LAMO! I only got to know who she was when she was on DWTS. I love Derek and she was his partner so....I had to pay attention to her. :p Like I said, I LOVED Gaz and Kelly. They made a great team.
  • amanda daisyamanda daisy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    scamrasc wrote: »
    BIB1: i agree:)

i understand what you're saying fully, in that those ribs that she made at him encouraged the papers and the public to make similar jibes, yes? in that sense i guess you're right (although gary's no angel himself...). perhaps the medium of it being live telly is the issue here? see, it annoys me when people make fun of him in a way that's NOT designed to be funny, or gentle ribbing or a little bit of banter, but rather a scathing attack because they can't stand him. (i think that always says more about the person who makes those types of - for want of a better word - "jokes", that it could ever say about the person it targets. they must be very bitter and negative to spend energy on something as lowly and stupid as that.)

BIB2: i also agree with this. which is the main thing that makes me think that him and nicole get on relatively well. he would banter back with her. it was a two way street. like when after the first part of the finals, when discussing nicole's duet with jahmene, gary nudged her and said "the first part of that song - i think that was actually the best i've ever heard you sing!" and gave her hand a little squeeze. (the audience, including gary, couldn't hear her at all. i think she even said in an interview that when she looked down to the judges it was gary who was the one signalling to her about her mic).
    nicole smiled and then said "so back to my two guys still in the competition" and leaned over to give his arm a squeeze too.

i wouldn't say they're besties or anything, but i do think they seem to get on with each other.

I agree with everything you said (minus the analogy with Gary's banter on the Xtra Factor). our problem was that, at times, everyone seemed to be ganging up on Gary and when this happens even an usually innocent joke can take other proportions. I don't think either that there are hard feelings between them, they do seem to be getting along (although there was more chemistry between Gary and Kelly), but you also have to admit that most of that is due to Gary, because let's face it: how many of us didn't get annoyed when one of our friends made constant jokes about us? it's the human nature. and luckily for Nicole, Gary has a lovely "nature". I guess the bottom line of all this rant is that Nicole behaved childish and without consideration at times, that's all, not that she's a bad person or that Gary can't stand her. and indeed, it may be that us, the fans, are less forgiving than the person involved:)
    Forum Member
    I agree with everything you said (minus the analogy with Gary's banter on the Xtra Factor). our problem was that, at times, everyone seemed to be ganging up on Gary and when this happens even an usually innocent joke can take other proportions. I don't think either that there are hard feelings between them, they do seem to be getting along (although there was more chemistry between Gary and Kelly), but you also have to admit that most of that is due to Gary, because let's face it: how many of us didn't get annoyed when one of our friends made constant jokes about us? it's the human nature. and luckily for Nicole, Gary has a lovely "nature". I guess the bottom line of all this rant is that Nicole behaved childish and without consideration at times, that's all, not that she's a bad person or that Gary can't stand her. and indeed, it may be that us, the fans, are less forgiving than the person involved:)
    Well said! My sentiments exactly! I personally don't remember Gary's bantering with Nicole. It was always her insulting him. She is lucky Gary doesn't hold a grudge. I reapeat, she maybe a good singer but she is nothing compared to Gary. She just didn't show him enough respect. I also dislike Jonathan Ross' jokes about Gary's weight. They're not funny. Gary laughs it off but it bothers him. You can see it on his face when Taylor Swift was being interviewed and Jonathan Ross made fun of Gary. Maybe its just me but I just don't like folks making fun of him because they know he won't say anything.
    Forum Member
    oh it's definitly 100% subjective. but i don't know, when i listen to her, i recognise that she's a technically very good singer, but for me, that's about it. i don't feel any warmth from her voice at all. that's the main thing that disconnects me from her music - she doesn't move me in any way, at all. (i don't like that performance from her much either. i don't even like that one on a technical level, as she's very breathy and her diction in that one is terrible:o. i can barely understand her.)
    my favourite song from her is easily Buttons, and that's because it's catchy and dancy and completely devoid of any and all emotion. it's basically about sex and that's it.

with this, I TOTALLY agree :)) she obviously can sing, but that's all for me too. there's nothing distinctive about her voice. if I heard that voice on the radio, I wouldn't know it was her. I'd think: well, that's someone who can sing, but nothing more. for me, Lara Fabian is an example of female artist (singer-songwriter) that sings her heart out and can speak through music. not to mention that one can easily recognize her voice in a million. Nicole would be more appreciated if she had some good songs. from my point of view, no one will listen to any of her songs in 5 or 10 years (at best).
    Forum Member
    Speaking of the special, I have to say that I love his arrangement of The Flood. During the guitar solo, you can see the music flow through Gary's body. Amazing! I always thought he should have sang the lead on that one instead of RW. His voice suits the song much better. How awesome was James Corden singing Pray complete with the dance moves?! Oh and no one can sing Rule the world like Gazza. He just makes you feel the emotions. Watching him sing that song at the Olympics was something else.

As for Nicole, I don't care for her very much. I loved the chemistry between Gaz and Kelly. They genuinely liked each other and respected each other's opinions. And it was great fun to see Kelly crushing on him unapologetically. ;) I hope they record a song together or something.

my favorite was Rule the World:))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of the special, I have to say that I love his arrangement of The Flood. During the guitar solo, you can see the music flow through Gary's body. Amazing! I always thought he should have sang the lead on that one instead of RW. His voice suits the song much better. How awesome was James Corden singing Pray complete with the dance moves?! Oh and no one can sing Rule the world like Gazza. He just makes you feel the emotions. Watching him sing that song at the Olympics was something else.

As for Nicole, I don't care for her very much. I loved the chemistry between Gaz and Kelly. They genuinely liked each other and respected each other's opinions. And it was great fun to see Kelly crushing on him unapologetically. ;) I hope they record a song together or something.

omg james corden was the BEST wasn't he???:D:D:D i LOVED it! he's such fan girl, completely unashamedly and it's a joy to watch. it was like seeing him fulfil a life long dream!! (there's also a really really funny video of james corden at one of take that's wembley shows for the circus, going pure nuts! no inhibitions whatsoever, screaming every word at the top of his voice, doing the moves....everyone around him kind of leaving a little bit of distance for fear of bodily harm....:D:D he was hilarious on chris moyles' birthday show aswell)
    the flood was a pleasent surprise (and the instrumental was great) but i was a little disappointed they didn't include candy. or sing. or any of the big band songs. they could have kept it going for another half hour easy!
    ignoring at times dodgy camera quality, i think you'll enjoy these versions of rule the world cali girl.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=gff0EhE5Fc4 - this one he is so clearly obviously singing this to Poppy. almost the whole song, and especially towards the end, he's singing it up to the sky rather than the audience.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1WHHikflUE - this one was right after his father's death. there's a more close up one of his face somewhere on youtube that you can see at one point he's crying a little bit.
    Forum Member
    my favorite was Rule the World:))
    Mine too. I think its one of the best songs Gary's written along with BFG and The Circus, Pray, greatest Day and many more. :p
    Forum Member
    omg james corden was the BEST wasn't he???:D:D:D i LOVED it! he's such fan girl, completely unashamedly and it's a joy to watch. it was like seeing him fulfil a life long dream!! (there's also a really really funny video of james corden at one of take that's wembley shows for the circus, going pure nuts! no inhibitions whatsoever, screaming every word at the top of his voice, doing the moves....everyone around him kind of leaving a little bit of distance for fear of bodily harm....:D:D he was hilarious on chris moyles' birthday show aswell)
    the flood was a pleasent surprise (and the instrumental was great) but i was a little disappointed they didn't include candy. or sing. or any of the big band songs. they could have kept it going for another half hour easy!
    ignoring at times dodgy camera quality, i think you'll enjoy these versions of rule the world cali girl.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=gff0EhE5Fc4 - this one he is so clearly obviously singing this to Poppy. almost the whole song, and especially towards the end, he's singing it up to the sky rather than the audience.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1WHHikflUE - this one was right after his father's death. there's a more close up one of his face somewhere on youtube that you can see at one point he's crying a little bit.

I have the Newcastle video in my favorites list as well :))

my top 4 of Relight the Fire :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxBcGxpSe_I&list=PLtrcwh1e7nMEcgv8WGmoDGB_-uUokXdIs&index=1
    (on An Audience with TT)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfCim4DttzE
    (on the Circus tour)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Q8R46E2lQ
    (on Paul de Leuuw towards the end)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWWbAU5KT7E&list=PLtrcwh1e7nMGtBa0BcrVJrbqZPYzjdFwd&index=93
    (last night)
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah. James Corden is a fanboy and so is Greg James. Haha! They were tweeting each other about going to one of Gary's solo shows in their tour jerseys. LOL! JK's I'm not worthy move reminded me of Kelly on last season's x factor. The girl was shocked to find out Gazza performs to 80000 people every night. I really loved watching them together.

I have seen both of those versions of RTW countless times. I tear up every time I see the olympics performance though. It must have taken all the strength he had to sing those lyrics. Damn! I was is awe of him that day. Really proud. Incredibly brave of him to hold it together and perform in front of billions. Same when his father passed away. He's so amazing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    with this, I TOTALLY agree :)) she obviously can sing, but that's all for me too. there's nothing distinctive about her voice. if I heard that voice on the radio, I wouldn't know it was her. I'd think: well, that's someone who can sing, but nothing more. for me, Lara Fabian is an example of female artist (singer-songwriter) that sings her heart out and can speak through music. not to mention that one can easily recognize her voice in a million. Nicole would be more appreciated if she had some good songs. from my point of view, no one will listen to any of her songs in 5 or 10 years (at best).

oh both of these i agree with!! they DEFINITELY ganged up on gary a hell of a frickin' lot at the start of the show inparticular! the press didn't help matters, with reports saying that it was on simon's orders because he wanted gary out and to be the first to lose all his acts would be a big stepping stone. (made the final again though, didn't he, so F-you simon.) yes, that did piss me off too. gary's always had a very forgiving nature. he's been pictured sitting with victoria beckham aswell, and she was another one who was a cow to him only a few years back. i think nicole and him mellowed towards the middle-end and things became easier...or at least it didn't feel like gary was so damn isolated all the time anymore and taking shit from all sides. louis and tulisa were just a pair of bitches. they were last year too, but it was kelly who came under fire. this year i was actually very very glad to see some media outlets picking up on their behaviour and slamming them and the show for it - including digital spy. they make very unpleasent viewing.

Lara Fabian's not recognised enough. neither is Nikisha Reyes-pile. have you heard this song before? i'm in love with it!!:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcyB6-4KcTo
    (nicole's songs will definitely not be remembered. i don't think they have any lasting impact at all)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah. James Corden is a fanboy and so is Greg James. Haha! They were tweeting each other about going to one of Gary's solo shows in their tour jerseys. LOL! JK's I'm not worthy move reminded me of Kelly on last season's x factor. The girl was shocked to find out Gazza performs to 80000 people every night. I really loved watching them together.

I have seen both of those versions of RTW countless times. I tear up every time I see the olympics performance though. It must have taken all the strength he had to sing those lyrics. Damn! I was is awe of him that day. Really proud. Incredibly brave of him to hold it together and perform in front of billions. Same when his father passed away. He's so amazing!

lol! you're such a gelly rowlow shipper!!!!:D:D:D:p;)

i suspected you would have tbh. i just wanted an excuse to share videos:o:cool:
    i remember how twitter went mad at that. "gary barlow", "brave", "mr. barlow", "take that" and "jason orange" were all trending worldwide for at least half an hour. "gary barlow" continued to trend worldwide for 2 hours. everyone was screaming for him to be knighted.
    Forum Member
    lol! you're such a gelly rowlow shipper!!!!:D:D:D:p;)

i suspected you would have tbh. i just wanted an excuse to share videos:o:cool:
    I totally ship Gelly. ;) I really loved how Kelly was shamelessly crushing on him. Gary was definitely loving it! :p They had a little flirting going on there. Remember Kelly dancing behind him?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Www2AheZgfs

I am not complaining about those videos. Thank you for posting them. I watched them twice already. He's looking mighty fine in them too. ;)

About the Olympics, I don't know what Jay was going for with his over the top behavior. Maybe he was trying to take the attention away from Gary. I think it stood out because Gary didn't smile and looked sad. I remember thinking that's so not like Jay. He tried but I think all the attention was on Gary that night. Very moving performance. For the first time, I saw his voice crack when he sang, don't fade away.....so heartbreaking!
    Forum Member
    oh both of these i agree with!! they DEFINITELY ganged up on gary a hell of a frickin' lot at the start of the show inparticular! the press didn't help matters, with reports saying that it was on simon's orders because he wanted gary out and to be the first to lose all his acts would be a big stepping stone. (made the final again though, didn't he, so F-you simon.) yes, that did piss me off too. gary's always had a very forgiving nature. he's been pictured sitting with victoria beckham aswell, and she was another one who was a cow to him only a few years back. i think nicole and him mellowed towards the middle-end and things became easier...or at least it didn't feel like gary was so damn isolated all the time anymore and taking shit from all sides. louis and tulisa were just a pair of bitches. they were last year too, but it was kelly who came under fire. this year i was actually very very glad to see some media outlets picking up on their behaviour and slamming them and the show for it - including digital spy. they make very unpleasent viewing.

Lara Fabian's not recognised enough. neither is Nikisha Reyes-pile. have you heard this song before? i'm in love with it!!:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcyB6-4KcTo
    (nicole's songs will definitely not be remembered. i don't think they have any lasting impact at all)

I'll watch the video after Gary's rerun on ITV1 :)
    I've had the pleasure of seeing Lara in concert this summer. she came to our country for 2 dates and we had a surprise prepared for her. it was memorable. I think with her it's the same as with TT: she's not very big in the USA, but in Europe and South America and Asia she's huuuge. the Russians have certainly adopted her. :)
    I was delirious a month ago when I learnt that Gary and Lara have collaborated in the past, I'm not sure on what, but it must have been good. my 2 favorite artists - that was one hell of coincidence:)
    Forum Member
    I have the Newcastle video in my favorites list as well :))

my top 4 of Relight the Fire :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxBcGxpSe_I&list=PLtrcwh1e7nMEcgv8WGmoDGB_-uUokXdIs&index=1
    (on An Audience with TT)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfCim4DttzE
    (on the Circus tour)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Q8R46E2lQ
    (on Paul de Leuuw towards the end)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWWbAU5KT7E&list=PLtrcwh1e7nMGtBa0BcrVJrbqZPYzjdFwd&index=93
    (last night)
    Love Gary's version of Everything changes. An Audience with TT is one of my favorites.

I love Gary's relight solo. Again, a favorite.

Here is Relight during progress tour. Love the Gary cam! Look at his lil dance from 4.20 - 4.24. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4FCcx6jdNo

Patience....Gary cam again! My God! he's gorgeous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckgXFY45txs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally ship Gelly. ;) I really loved how Kelly was shamelessly crushing on him. Gary was definitely loving it! :p They had a little flirting going on there. Remember Kelly dancing behind him?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Www2AheZgfs

I am not complaining about those videos. Thank you for posting them. I watched them twice already. He's looking mighty fine in them too. ;)

About the Olympics, I don't know what Jay was going for with his over the top behavior. Maybe he was trying to take the attention away from Gary. I think it stood out because Gary didn't smile and looked sad. I remember thinking that's so not like Jay. He tried but I think all the attention was on Gary that night. Very moving performance. For the first time, I saw his voice crack when he sang, don't fade away.....so heartbreaking!

oh i think jason was definitely working extra-ott-hard to draw attention on to him. you could see at the start how rigid they all were. there was a nervousness and an intensity to them that isn't normally there when they perform. the other 3 were being very very protective of him i thought. jason and mark were standing wither side of him and you could see them both keeping an eye on him as the song started (and marks little smiles!!). take that always works as a unit - when they need to be serious, all the members are serious. when they need to be choreographed, all the members follow that strictly tight unit of choreography. and when they all let lose and jump around like flaming maniacs, they all do it, not just one. jason and howard are the shy members at that. they hide from the spotlight, they don't go dancing right up to the camera like a my-little-pony ballerina! i think considering that, it makes that little action from him all the more touching. mark and howard (who by the end looked like he might be close to breaking down himself) were standing solid to gary the whole time - they weren't leaving him for even a second unless they absolutly had to, and even then they kept throwing glances over at him. jason drew the eye away. a really lovely thing for such a shy and spotlight hating friend to do :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll watch the video after Gary's rerun on ITV1 :)
    I've had the pleasure of seeing Lara in concert this summer. she came to our country for 2 dates and we had a surprise prepared for her. it was memorable. I think with her it's the same as with TT: she's not very big in the USA, but in Europe and South America and Asia she's huuuge. the Russians have certainly adopted her. :)
    I was delirious a month ago when I learnt that Gary and Lara have collaborated in the past, I'm not sure on what, but it must have been good. my 2 favorite artists - that was one hell of coincidence:)

it's on now???.....

BYE! xoxo :D
    Forum Member
    oh i think jason was definitely working extra-ott-hard to draw attention on to him. you could see at the start how rigid they all were. there was a nervousness and an intensity to them that isn't normally there when they perform. the other 3 were being very very protective of him i thought. jason and mark were standing wither side of him and you could see them both keeping an eye on him as the song started (and marks little smiles!!). take that always works as a unit - when they need to be serious, all the members are serious. when they need to be choreographed, all the members follow that strictly tight unit of choreography. and when they all let lose and jump around like flaming maniacs, they all do it, not just one. jason and howard are the shy members at that. they hide from the spotlight, they don't go dancing right up to the camera like a my-little-pony ballerina! i think considering that, it makes that little action from him all the more touching. mark and howard (who by the end looked like he might be close to breaking down himself) were standing solid to gary the whole time - they weren't leaving him for even a second unless they absolutly had to, and even then they kept throwing glances over at him. jason drew the eye away. a really lovely thing for such a shy and spotlight hating friend to do :).
    Yep, we all know how much Jason hates the attention and yet he was trying to attract all of it on himself. It was a wonderful thing to do. They were very protective of him that day and rightfully so. I love TT4!

Damn you guys are lucky. You get to watch Gaz on tv and live. I am stuck in the US. :cry:
    Forum Member
    it's on now???.....

BYE! xoxo :D

you're too late, unfortunately. it's nearly ending.:) did u manage to see anything?
    Forum Member
    Yep, we all know how much Jason hates the attention and yet he was trying to attract all of it on himself. It was a wonderful thing to do. They were very protective of him that day and rightfully so. I love TT4!

Damn you guys are lucky. You get to watch Gaz on tv and live. I am stuck in the US. :cry:

http://livetvcafe.net/video/B52828O2BX4G/ITV-1

I'm watching it online from Romania :)
    Forum Member
    http://livetvcafe.net/video/B52828O2BX4G/ITV-1

I'm watching it online from Romania :)
    Thank you! Watching it now. Never Forget!!!!!
    Forum Member
    Thank you! Watching it now. Never Forget!!!!!

so the link worked? I'm happy for you. it's been really hard for me to find a link that works. on Tuesday, I almost despaired because I wanted so much to see the concert that night and none of the links wanted to work that day:)
    Forum Member
    I'm certain I heard the term 'Borelow' when talking about Gary about 10 years before Nicole even came onto the scene!
    if that is true, all it proves is that she's not very original. but I have read articles about Gary from before and I don't recall anyone using that nickname.
    Forum Member
    AS A GARY FAN....nicole's probably a better singer(:o). at least now anyway (gary is almost 42! nicole's still in her peak). she has extensive vocal training, including operatic. that girl's got killer power and range. although in saying that...i do think (on a purely personal level rather than a technical level) that her voice lacks a little something for me. a warmth perhaps, or a smoothness. that sonerous quality that gary has naturally without training. her voice is technically incredible, but doesn't do anything to move me (if that makes sense to anyone), unlike gary's, which i find to be a naturally more appealing voice. however, i still think gary's the infinitely more talented individual, as he's an all-rounder. the day she writes songs like never forget, patience, back for good, a million love songs or rule the world, i will fall at her feet and beg her to let me kiss them.
    (oh and, as a side note, and again as a massive take that fan....how on earth is "Take That" ANY better than "Pussycat Dolls"????:D:D:p)

almost forgot - edited to add: BIB - HELL YEAH!!!! to this day when i play relight my fire, lulu's bit still gives me chills and is the bit that really gets me up and going. no one since who has tried to fill in has ever come close. i'd say the best attempt was bev knight on the ultimate tour though.:)

really, you think Nicole is better than Gary?:confused: it's pretty hard to compare male voices with female ones, but after hearing Gary on Relight my Fire on the Circus, Love ain't here anymore (the Ultimate tour - that's really impressive) or This Time, I am pretty sure he's tough to beat. Gary has a more clever way of showing his vocal strength, he is not too much into those powerful notes. from what I've seen, many artists struggle to sing his songs and to me Patience and Rule the World seem pretty difficult. Ella, for example, rearranged the song, but it was obviously nowhere as hard to do as Gary's version. I've heard Nicole singing I will survive, but I was not too impressed. the vocal range is a given, she can't take credit for that and I don't believe she's THAT good. she has power and people usually fall for these kind of voices, but Gary has so many nuances and he experiments with his voice. the way he can switch to falsetto and back is pretty impressive.

another thing I disagree with: TT are miles better than Pussycat Dolls(and a tone of other bands), there's no comparison there. those boys have been making good music for years now and there's no match in the world for their shows. and I have a feeling that their 2014 tour will be the greatest. judging by Robbie's staging in 2012 and taking into account that all of them will invest a lot of money in their next show, I think it will blow everyone away.