Motorway Cops

Comments

• mebiscuitmebiscuit Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Eek the Asian driver is pretty much banged to rights. Still believe the police guy has one heck of an attitude and doesn't bode well with the individuals who think Britain is becoming a police state. In fact the attitude of this officer would only serve as an argument.
  • Bradders33Bradders33 Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Chaddy wrote: »
    That female copper is lovely.

Being a heterosexual woman, she's not my type! :p

She's pretty, but the blue eyeliner needs to go! LOL!
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mebiscuit wrote: »
    Eek the Asian driver is pretty much banged to rights. Still believe the police guy has one heck of an attitude and doesn't bode well with the individuals who think Britain is becoming a police state. In fact the attitude of this officer would only serve as an argument.

I bet a lot of people drive mini-buses without the correct licence. You used to get the category code by default when you passed your test (I did) but that changed sometime in the late 90s.
    Forum Member
    With all the pouting the wpc is doing I have a feeling she knows she's easy on the eye. :-)
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a numpty police officer. Talking about not placing blame and then inferring everyone is to blame.
  • applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think tonights episode painted any of the coppers in a very good light.

It does rather make you wonder why their forces let them in front of the camera.
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I bet a lot of people drive mini-buses without the correct licence. You used to get the category code by default when you passed your test (I did) but that changed sometime in the late 90s.

I think your right, the amount of people who are clueless to the fact if you don't have a cat D1 you can't drive anything above 7 seats.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It does rather make you wonder why their forces let them in front of the camera.

Imagine him without the camera there.:eek:
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chaddy wrote: »
    That female copper is lovely.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/292652724079365/ ;)
  • C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinman wrote: »

Links to a fan page where all you can see is pictures of her fans!!!

Wonder if this, and the lack of info on her is a sign that she still wants to remain a fairly anonymous copper having seen the fuss?

Or whether we'll be seeing her as the new PC-turned-TV-personality?
  • andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The male and female pairing were very much two extremes, he was an idiot. Had she been alone I think it would have been quiet word and look where you are going next time, he had small man syndrome. Either that or looking after the department eye candy,
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ignorance is no excuse to the law. I don't know all the details but I know there are restrictions on vehicles with more than a certain of seats, driving vans, towing trailers etc. If I had to do any of these then I would check the details before doing so.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't have any problem with the police officer. It is a basic rule that if you lie to the police then they do not like it and you are likely to come off worse. The Asian driver lied from the moment he was stopped.

Was he actually charged with dangerous driving or just the vehicle offences?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I didn't have any problem with the police officer. It is a basic rule that if you lie to the police then they do not like it and you are likely to come off worse. The Asian driver lied from the moment he was stopped.

Surely in the police the vast majority of what stopped drivers say is absolute bull?
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember it was automatic as long as you didn't drive them "for hire or reward".

ETA - changed in 1997. I got my full licence in 1989.
  • keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sod the motoring offences, I'll lay odds that that mini bus was full of illegal immigrant workers, interesting that the round up at the end didn't include the mini bus driver...
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think your right, the amount of people who are clueless to the fact if you don't have a cat D1 you can't drive anything above 7 seats.

Same. Applies to stretched limos, many large parties pile in to one unaware that they are uninsured if there are more than 7 of them and the driver hasn't got the right licence.
  • Geeza BrakeGeeza Brake Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Amazed at some poster's remarks about the Police having the temerity to display an " attitude " when dealing with criminals.

They are coppers not Play School Assistants, they are experienced and know when a crim is spinning a yarn.
    Are they expected to be polite, contrite and sympathetic when their time is being obviously wasted by a recidivist dirtbag who has little respect for anyone but themselves ?
  • human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The male and female pairing were very much two extremes, he was an idiot. Had she been alone I think it would have been quiet word and look where you are going next time, he had small man syndrome. Either that or looking after the department eye candy,
    In that case, she would have missed the fact that he was driving without care, without tax, without insurance and without the right licence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that case, she would have missed the fact that he was driving without care, without tax, without insurance and without the right licence.

With all due respect there are probably literally millions of drivers like that, that either get caught a lot longer after they start offending or have not been caught.

I have watched the show from it first being shown and there are few if any officers that showed the same level of aggression. When dealing with volatile people like criminals it's important to keep calm, irrespective of what is going on.

I have been the victim of accusations from a pcso giving attitude like the guy on the show, and was innocent. It doesn't put the police in a great light
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    I remember it was automatic as long as you didn't drive them "for hire or reward".

ETA - changed in 1997. I got my full licence in 1989.

Thanks. I thought it was sometime around then.

It's a bit odd. I drove a minibus full of people when I was 17, a few weeks after passing my test in 1990 despite never having driven a vehicle that size before - but it was perfectly legal for me to do so even though it scared the crap out of me. Yet someone, like you, could have passed their test after 1997, have 15 years of driving experience and it would be illegal to drive a minibus.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    With all the pouting the wpc is doing I have a feeling she knows she's easy on the eye. :-)
    Jess can arrest me any time soon.

It was one extreme to the other......The cops that stopped the Car with the Cannabis growing equipment, treated it like a Joke, that amazed me more.
  • jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jess got married?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    It was one extreme to the other......The cops that stopped the Car with the Cannabis growing equipment, treated it like a Joke, that amazed me more.

It's only cannabis growing equipment if they grow cannabis in it though, otherwise it's just hydroponics, chances are it was to be used to grow cannabis but with out evidence they can only use it as intelligence
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jess got married?!

Yep , seems so :(