Options

Family Guy Kills Off Character (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Family Guy without Brian would be like The Beatles without John Lennon.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Think its time to stop watching this now.

Meg! Pluuuuuuup!
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a copy of Bobby ewing death scene
    when he got run over by the car and all the family there in fact its almost word for word even down to the touching speech how did that end?? Bobby appears in the shower
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While the best episodes of recent years have been the Stewie/Brian episodes, Brian is essentially just a sidekick role and since Family Guy doesn't have even a rudimentary level of characterisation it won't exactly be difficult for them to replace him.
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Why they had to kill off Brian, couldn't Tony Sirico just continue voicing Brian instead of the new dog? Why kill off a dog character just to replace it with another dog? I don't think I'll watch Family Guy anymore, it's not the same.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    when he got run over by the car and all the family there in fact its almost word for word even down to the touching speech how did that end?? Bobby appears in the shower

Good catch ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I have seen the episode. It was so sad.
    I don't like the new dog much.
    :(
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzkOv0vvDI

As I said earlier I think Dallas
    Stewie timetravelling to when Brian was alive to have Road to... style stories
    One of Brians illegitimate sons
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    It's not word for word, but it's very similar ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9SEMySE3vQ

also ..
    Patrick Duffy and Victoria Principal have actually filmed a live action spoof of the scene where Bobby returns, so it's not like the signs weren't already there
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this just makes no sense. I have gradually been going off the show since Season 5 but killing off Brian has just finished it for me. I wouldn't be surprised though if he returned, i know how Family Guy works, messing with the audience head isn't uncommon.

But if they don't bring him back then that is really it, the show is finished. It's Brian, the show can't continue without him, he works too well with too many characters. This is like if The Simpsons killed off Bart or Lisa, it's just stupid.
  • Options
    Kay_PriceKay_Price Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    There's alot of talk that they've deliberately killed Brian so people stop watching and they then have a reason to pull the show, as Seth Macfarlanes said before he thinks it's run it's course. Don't know how true that it though. But apparently in the episode where Brian dies, Stewie is in the future so maybe they just go back to the past and Brians still alive? I hope they'll bring Brian back. Even if his resurrection is lame, I'll forgive them:)
  • Options
    Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    I'm calling OFCOM
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay_Price wrote: »
    There's alot of talk that they've deliberately killed Brian so people stop watching and they then have a reason to pull the show, as Seth Macfarlanes said before he thinks it's run it's course. Don't know how true that it though. But apparently in the episode where Brian dies, Stewie is in the future so maybe they just go back to the past and Brians still alive? I hope they'll bring Brian back. Even if his resurrection is lame, I'll forgive them:)

If he thinks the show has run it's course then he should just end it with the good memories the fans have of it. Ending it before Brians death would have been a hell of a lot better than ending it after his death.
  • Options
    GrahameSteeleGrahameSteele Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isnt this the sort of thing that Family Guy used to make fun of other shows for doing?
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They shoulda named the new dog Poochy

Simpsons did it...Oh wait yeah, that was the, oh never mind.

I can't see this being permanent, not a chance. I hope! If the Dallas parallel is there then that confirms it. Probably. :)
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Batch wrote: »
    Simpsons did it...Oh wait yeah, that was the, oh never mind.

I can't see this being permanent, not a chance. I hope! If the Dallas parallel is there then that confirms it. Probably. :)

It's like I said before, this show doesn't adhere to normal TV show rules, so can do anything they want to do, which is both kill off Brian, or bring him back with no explanation of than because they want to.

5 mins of Perry Como proves that.
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Last night FG killed off one of its major characters as Brian the dog was hit by a car and died.

He was replaced almost immediately by Paulie (voiced by Sopranos star Tony Sirico)

I honestly cannot fathom this decision? The dynamic with Stewie and Brian and the 'Road to' were probably highlights of a series which nosedived in quality of late.

is Brian Griffin not one of popular characters in family guy I am sad with this news as he is favourite character in F.G

And is simpsons not killing off a popular character this season
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This can't be permanent right?! The Brian/Stewie relationship and their special episodes are the best thing about Family Guy!
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Odd decision I think even if true but I agree with some on here that Brian/Stewie relationship made it fun - plus it shows you how Stewie has matured over the years - one makes you wonder why but at same time its too coincendental that FG decides to kill off a character as at same time The Simpsons have? (I have not seen either episodes of both shows so no clue)
  • Options
    Ross1874Ross1874 Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The episode which will air on December 15th titled Christmas guy has this on the synopsis,
    Stewie devises a master plan to get the one and only thing he wants for Christmas.

im guessing this will probably be were brian returns
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    Odd decision I think even if true but I agree with some on here that Brian/Stewie relationship made it fun - plus it shows you how Stewie has matured over the years - one makes you wonder why but at same time its too coincendental that FG decides to kill off a character as at same time The Simpsons have? (I have not seen either episodes of both shows so no clue)

Family Guy announced they were killing off a character before The Simpsons did.

To be fair, I think FG have played an absolute blinder here. Because what this has done is get people talking about Family Guy. They've now created a buzz, and whether the reaction is positive or negative, this is the first time they've created so much attention for the series in a long time.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Family Guy announced they were killing off a character before The Simpsons did.

To be fair, I think FG have played an absolute blinder here. Because what this has done is get people talking about Family Guy. They've now created a buzz, and whether the reaction is positive or negative, this is the first time they've created so much attention for the series in a long time.

True - wasn't the last buzz was when they got cancelled by FOX? (was pointed out on a return but took the joke out of FOX other shows ie That 70's Show (renamed That 80's Show) etc

Part of me does welcome the new character but at same time think it'll be odd unless this is just merely a publicity stunt and Brian *magically* appears again - if doing that they may as well revive Diane Simmons :D
  • Options
    squirtlesquirtle Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they could get away with a shower dream scene or another "simulation" :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wHbr29FMI
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    if they killed Meg no one would be upset .
  • Options
    xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian was my all-time favorite Family Guy character due to how he reminded me so much of my Dad.... I might never watch the show again after this. :(