Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 19)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rain wrote: »
    Quite a lot of people on Twitter have been on about Texas. They are all gutted! I must have saw one happy tweet. It will be another ratings grabber I reckon.

i am literally thrilled:D
    can't say i'm too hot on the idea behind the storyline i.e.
    will basically forcing her to marry him to "prove her dedication to him"....wtf HO? wedding's really are nothing more than a piss take to you at this point, aren't they?! but whatever - she dies. i'll take it!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Rain wrote: »
    Quite a lot of people on Twitter have been on about Texas. They are all gutted! I must have saw one happy tweet. It will be another ratings grabber I reckon.

People like Texas? News to me.
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm mostly disappointed at how Rob/Annalise leave theres been NO signs of even a conversation between them for 6 months let alone sparks.

BK turned DH's weaker characters (Hannah, Claire, Sarah, Amy, definitely Jess) into brilliant characters and made Steph and Darren likeable outside of a comedy value. Surely he could've just developed these characters rather than axing them.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just voted in all the AAS awards.

I know its not exactly the most amazing award ceremony ever but hey ho I think Oaks really deserves a few wins especially with :- Brendan and Ste, Esther's Bullying and The Bus Crash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    I've just voted in all the AAS awards.

I know its not exactly the most amazing award ceremony ever but hey ho I think Oaks really deserves a few wins especially with :- Brendan and Ste, Esther's Bullying and The Bus Crash.

I voted too and I was thinking,I don't understand how Hollyoaks isn't up for dramatic wedding with all the drama of the affairs and the giant bus crashing through it!! I know it's up for dramatic scene or something but you would think it would be a sure thing for wedding drama
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted too and I was thinking,I don't understand how Hollyoaks isn't up for dramatic wedding with all the drama of the affairs and the giant bus crashing through it!! I know it's up for dramatic scene or something but you would think it would be a sure thing for wedding drama

I completely agree with you! I think Oaks may have a chance of winning a few as in all honestly I think its nominations are the strongest contenders! :D
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    has leah and lucas left for good? have to say the girl that plays leah is a brill actress for her age, better than some of the main cast
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »

I like Texas, decent enough actress, would prefer to see liberty or leanne go, both are so bad
  • hihopeshihopes Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davedub wrote: »
    has leah and lucas left for good? have to say the girl that plays leah is a brill actress for her age, better than some of the main cast

She's so good. When Brendan stroked her cheek last night she seemed to have genuine tears in her eyes - at age 6 as well! And it was heartbreaking how she delivered the line "I didn't tell." - I really ached for the wee soul.

I think they've gone for a while at least. I reckon it's so that Ste can go down a dark self-destructive path following Brendan's exit..... hope so anyway! But Leah is a big loss. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »
    i'm mostly disappointed at how Rob/Annalise leave theres been NO signs of even a conversation between them for 6 months let alone sparks.

BK turned DH's weaker characters (Hannah, Claire, Sarah, Amy, definitely Jess) into brilliant characters and made Steph and Darren likeable outside of a comedy value. Surely he could've just developed these characters rather than axing them.

THIS.
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member

There's a world outside this forum you know. Just because some people on here don't like Texas doesn't mean that others can't like her. This forum isn't the general consensus on all things to do with soaps. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read an interview last week in IN magazine with Karen Hassan and Rob Norbury. Glad to hear that they've both been very busy with work since leaving Hollyoaks.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    There's a world outside this forum you know. Just because some people on here don't like Texas doesn't mean that others can't like her. This forum isn't the general consensus on all things to do with soaps. :D

:confused: Nobody i know who watches HO likes Texas. Whatever :D
  • Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: Nobody i know who watches HO likes Texas. Whatever :D

I don't mind Texas. :o She's very pretty and I've gotten used to her blank expression and poor diction. I sort of admire her a bit actually. She happily floats around the village totally oblivious that Silas is on the loose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pierson wrote: »
    The only other group we've had since those characters left is the Charlotte, Dave, India, Archie group, so it wasn't really difficult bettering them.

I think they're better off making a new start. Presumably in September, they'll introduce a new group that work better as a unit within the university halls. The current characters don't really fit into any existing units and don't work well enough to form their own.
    digichant wrote: »
    I had erased those characters from my memory until reading your post :(:p

So had I :mad:
    unclekevo wrote: »
    I do think the show is right to clear some of its' cast but I feel like at the moment, BK is thinking it's still 2007 and is ridding the cast of anyone who he isn't a fan of, who has been introduced since he left. Obviously many actors have chosen to leave but in the case of Annalise etc. can you really blame them when they've been glorified extras with all the focus being on Mc Queen family, Savages, Stendan and Doug and the Sixth Formers.

She was hardly used wasn't she?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Texas. :o She's very pretty and I've gotten used to her blank expression and poor diction. I sort of admire her a bit actually. She happily floats around the village totally oblivious that Silas is on the loose.

ahh we all know how easy you are to win round with a pretty face and a vacant stare jingle!!;):p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Why have they brought Amy back for,,,,another one of the cast that cannot act
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I agree with the comments about the actress playing Leah,,,,,she is superb for her age, a lot better than most of the cast
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Why have they brought Amy back for,,,,another one of the cast that cannot act

I disgaree. I though Ashley was brilliant and it's a shame it wasn't a permanent return.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    5 months pregnant? I know the writers did that so that the baby could be Riley's but they could at least make her stomach grow a bit. I bet now that they've said that she'll suddenly look pregnant.
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    Why is Brendan hiring Jim?! This is the same guy that blamed a innocent person, who was killed because of a fight that Brendan and Walker were in. He also defended Mercedes and got her off the charges that she faced, the charges being related to the fact that Mercedes stabbed herself and framed Mitzeee, one of Brendan's few friends!!

I really hate it when soaps only use their main character lawyers, doctors, nurses and cops, especially when it makes little sense.

And I still haven't forgot the fact that he allowed Mercedes and Browning, who was accused of murdering Lynsey, the use of his club for their party!
  • coreysevillecoreyseville Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Just googled it and apparently its more common then people might think to be 5 months pregnant and not know obvioulsy I wouldnt know myself having never been preggers and being a guy but I surpose if women are saying that they didnt know they were preggers then I gotta believe was unsure when we found out Mitzeee was 5 months gone I know its Hollyoaks but that was to insane for me haha :p
    Forum Member
    Are we meant to find Jim funny? He says a couple of good lines, but overall it's horrible watching him. Does anyone know how long he is around for?

And I am so bored with the Walker storyline, I didn't care much for it before, I wish they hadn't bothered to bring him back. Too much is going on with Brendan as it is and it feels pointless watching the Carl and Mitzeee storyline, it is also a waste of a exit for Mitzeee.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    Why is Brendan hiring Jim?! This is the same guy that blamed a innocent person, who was killed because of a fight that Brendan and Walker were in. He also defended Mercedes and got her off the charges that she faced, the charges being related to the fact that Mercedes stabbed herself and framed Mitzeee, one of Brendan's few friends!!

I really hate it when soaps only use their main character lawyers, doctors, nurses and cops, especially when it makes little sense.

And I still haven't forgot the fact that he allowed Mercedes and Browning, who was accused of murdering Lynsey, the use of his club for their party!

They just don't care about Lynsey getting justice anymore. It's ridiculous!
    Forum Member
    Great scene with Carl watching Mitzeee, but how does Carl think he will get away with it, since he came back it was all about the famous Carl Costello, I am sure people will remember him being there, especially since he was crying.

Also, there are two doors to the club, why are the police just going through one so that Brendan can go out the other? lol
This discussion has been closed.