Options

The Walking Dead Video Game

Comments

• Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    STILL no Ep3 for Europe PS3. Utterly pathetic.
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Ep 4 Is out on Wednesday [For Xbox360] :D :cool:

PSN: on Tuesday October 9th in North America, which hopefully (fingers crossed) means it'll arrive on the EU PSN on Wednesday October 10th.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    PSN: on Tuesday October 9th in North America, which hopefully (fingers crossed) means it'll arrive on the EU PSN on Wednesday October 10th.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about that happening considering how useless EU PSN has been with the previous episodes.
  • Options
    crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Without spoiling anything for PSN users....

That has to be one of the most intense cliffhangers ever!
  • Options
    LumstormLumstorm Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    With the delays in releasing episodes I am happy to wait for the disc version when its complete.
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lumstorm wrote: »
    With the delays in releasing episodes I am happy to wait for the disc version when its complete.

I enjoy the episodic nature as it creates the approriate timed cliffhangers, that is why they are designed like this.
    It sucks that the PSN is getting these shoddy delays, but I feel discovering these stories on a retail disc is doing the series and its cliffhanger type narrative a disservice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I enjoy the episodic nature as it creates the approriate timed cliffhangers, that is why they are designed like this.
    It sucks that the PSN is getting these shoddy delays, but I feel discovering these stories on a retail disc is doing the series and its cliffhanger type narrative a disservice.

Totally agree. I can see the frustration but it really does make the endings much more powerful. It's going to be a killer waiting for the final episode!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finale is due out 20th of November for US PSN.

Everyone else gets it the day after. Even EU. So luckily you guys don't have to wait forever this time.

Now we all need to band together to not get spoiled in that 24 hour time frame.
  • Options
    Sarah489Sarah489 Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Shoozle wrote: »
    Finale is due out 20th of November for US PSN.

Everyone else gets it the day after. Even EU. So luckily you guys don't have to wait forever this time.

Now we all need to band together to not get spoiled in that 24 hour time frame.

Thanks for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seriously stoked but at the same time sad its gonna end!
  • Options
    MotherTeresaMotherTeresa Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crimez83 wrote: »
    Seriously stoked but at the same time sad its gonna end!

We're getting more episodes in 2013, so no reason to lament this year's finale other than the long wait that'll follow it. There are some massive changes coming up after 'No Time Left', and I hope they give us a flavour of this in one of their "Next time on The Walking Dead" teasers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Season finale trailer (could be considered slightly spoilery):

http://youtu.be/Ig_-viLiyAU

And a fan made recap of the season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCIxyZ7NaoU

Tissues at the ready, this one's going to be a weepy...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Just finished the last episode. Seemed shorter then the rest. Sad way to end the game i felt. Im on pc but can't unlock the last achievement What Remains. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashe17 wrote: »
    Just finished the last episode. Seemed shorter then the rest. Sad way to end the game i felt. Im on pc but can't unlock the last achievement What Remains. Anyone else have this problem?

Just finished it.
    Almost blubbed! :cry:
    I did unlock the "what remains" achievement on my Xbox, so I'm not sure if it's a PC issue, but a patch did load on the game when I first started episode 5.

Without spoiling anything, as they've confirmed a "Season Two" of the game, I'm assuming that there are elements of the story that can carry over. It's certainly possible with some of the choices that I made, and I'd love to see that influence the next "season".

Amazing stuff! Best XBLA EVER! :D
  • Options
    Gizmo210688Gizmo210688 Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, what an ending. :(

I'm also assuming that the choices you make eventually carry on into Season 2.

One of the most emotional games I've ever played. And it's only a point and click game!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ashe17 wrote: »

PC player here and it didn't unlock for me either. Apart from that though i didn't encounter any of the glitches that keep being mentioned in the reviews during my playthrough of the 5 episodes, guess i was lucky!

Great final episode though (spoiler tagged in case anyone comes in here that hasn't played it yet):
    Got a bit of a lump in my throat during Lee's final moments (i couldn't bring myself to let Clem shoot him). I actually felt more attached to these characters than i do with the characters in the TV show! Infact i think the storyline of this game was better in 5 episodes than the series has been in two and a half seasons.

Presumably Clem will be the player character if they make a Season 2, hopefully the two people she saw in the distance in the post credit scene was Christa and Omid.

Excellent game, well worth the £17 i paid for it on Steam, It would have been worth the price of a full price game really:)

EDIT: The full game is currently only £10.49 on Steam for anyone who's interested.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Great final episode though (spoiler tagged in case anyone comes in here that hasn't played it yet):
    Got a bit of a lump in my throat during Lee's final moments (i couldn't bring myself to let Clem shoot him). I actually felt more attached to these characters than i do with the characters in the TV show! Infact i think the storyline of this game was better in 5 episodes than the series has been in two and a half seasons.

Presumably Clem will be the player character if they make a Season 2, hopefully the two people she saw in the distance in the post credit scene was Christa and Omid.

Excellent game, well worth the £17 i paid for it on Steam, It would have been worth the price of a full price game really:)
    Post-Credits scene?! Goddamnit! I thought I'd sat through to the end. In my narrative I let Clem finish Lee off. I didn't want her to see him as a zombie, after she'd seen her parents. With that she should have gone to the train station and met Christa and Omid. Seemed the best outcome to a sad situation. Was really hating on the walkie-talkie guy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wulfster wrote: »
    Post-Credits scene?! Goddamnit! I thought I'd sat through to the end. In my narrative I let Clem finish Lee off. I didn't want her to see him as a zombie, after she'd seen her parents. With that she should have gone to the train station and met Christa and Omid. Seemed the best outcome to a sad situation. Was really hating on the walkie-talkie guy!

Post Credits Scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI7DSOPUURA
    You might only get that additional scene if you tell Clem to head out into the countryside though, so if you told her to go to the train station then that may be why you didn't get the post credits scene.

I found that i couldn't really hate the walkie-talkie guy after i found out that it was my group that caused him to lose his family due to us taking the food (even though i objected and didn't take anything). Kinda felt sorry for him in a way, although i felt worse when Clem was the one who shot him rather than me finishing him off.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished. Wow. Absolutely bloody brilliant game. Very emotional too. I agree about being more attached to these characters than the ones in the TV show. Also, unlike most child characters in films and TV, I didn't hate Clem - I *had* to protect her, no matter what.

Post credits:
    I told Omid and Christa to go to the train, and I told Clem to meet them at the train. I also told her to avoid cities, can't remember if I specifically said countryside. After the credits, I saw Clem out in the open, and she noticed two people in the distance...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Definitely my game of the year. A stunning conclusion - roll on Season 2!
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Amazing game from start to finish. After the average BTTF and the piss poor Jurassic park, they really shot it out of the park with the Walkind Dead.

I think a new high has been set for acting and dialogue...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Finished. Wow. Absolutely bloody brilliant game. Very emotional too. I agree about being more attached to these characters than the ones in the TV show. Also, unlike most child characters in films and TV, I didn't hate Clem - I *had* to protect her, no matter what.

Post credits:
    I told Omid and Christa to go to the train, and I told Clem to meet them at the train. I also told her to avoid cities, can't remember if I specifically said countryside. After the credits, I saw Clem out in the open, and she noticed two people in the distance...

Ah! I did exactly the same. It looks like it's a generic ending then...
    Pity... if they had changed the background or scene accordingly, it would've been a nice touch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know i'm a bit late to the party but i only got into the walking dead a few weeks ago, love the show and though i know they aren't connected i got the video game

It's fantastic some of the choices are so hard to make and i've only played episode one

I really like how at the end it shows you the choices other people made

Honestly i'm not going to jump up and down screaming GOTY just yet, i'll wait and see what happens during the rest, but i'm not to sure it will get that accolade for 2012
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Telltale Games are apparently working on more content for The Walking Dead ahead of the episodic game's second season:

"You won't have to wait for season two to play more Walking Dead," teased series writer Gary Whitta.

"I can tell you what you already know, which is season two is coming. There’s not much to say because it really is very early…it’s a way off," Whitta added. "But, knowing that it’s a way off, and knowing that people are hungry for more walking Dead…there may very well be more Walking Dead from Telltale before season two. We may have a little something extra for you between season one and two.”

Whitta commented that the new content Telltale has up its sleeve "will make the wait for season two slightly less agonizing." It could be that the extra content is an epilogue to the first season, or perhaps some sort of deleted scenes. That's just us with our speculation hats on though. Nothing has been confirmed as yet.
  • Options
    IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    I'm struggling to see what people see in this game - the story-telling and dialogue is lousy and predictable, the characters appear to have a collective IQ of about 30, and overall it plays out like your average cheap soap opera (or is that the appeal?).