WWE 13 - Attitude era makes a return

Comments

• vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    This is the problem with the games industry these days it seems companies are releasing to many half finished games and releasing patches to fix them.

In the case of THQ not releasing patches to fix them and then use that as an improvement for the new game... still with the same bugs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I know what you mean I was thinking more along the lines of EA with the Fifa series. The WWE games have all the same bugs year after year and THQ don't do anything about it.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be great if WWE released a Monday Night Wars game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the DVD that would really be something, I'll always remember the days of switching between RAW and Nitro. NWO vs DX!!
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Stone Cold 'edition' might be a pre-order purchase for me, rather than the Mike Tyson edition.

I know it's just 'skins' before anyone asks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see they PG'd Austin, where is the middle finger in his entrance?
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else thinks Austin's upper body looks way too big in relation to his legs ?

I hope Mankind has the car crash music too.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The gameplay videos so far are horrible. Sluggish and morose, no different than WWE 12.

WWE 13 "Attitude Era" is nothing more than a lick of paint to try and sell more copies of a game franchise that badly needs entirely torn apart and rebuild.

WWE 12 has good creation and is a great laugh with mates in a TLC match, but other than that, awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA3bkZbZoOg - Stone Cold Steve Austin from the 1998 Raw Is Raw stage set up

http://youtu.be/LhGltKbgJPE - Attitude era Mark Henry from Survivor Series 1998

Why are they using the old nation theme for Mark Henry? They should either use this theme or the sexual chocolate theme.

Also, the Raw set (in the Austin video) has the pre attitude era logo and iron crowd barriers instead of the black wall around the ringside area.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are they using the old nation theme for Mark Henry? They should either use this theme or the sexual chocolate theme.

Also, the Raw set (in the Austin video) has the pre attitude era logo and iron crowd barriers instead of the black wall around the ringside area.

Mark Henry was in the nation for a long time during the attitude era.

The RAW set is correct also, it took a long time for the WWF to convert over all the logos to the scratch. The famous RAW set with the WWF logo under the screen and the black barriers didn't get finalised until mid-late 2008. I expect there will be different versions of sets up until the end of 2001.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rua is god wrote: »
    the black barriers didn't get finalised until mid-late 2008.

Are you talking about the thick black barriers which go around the ring to seperate the fans from the wrestlers ?

If so then these were installed WAY before 2008, i remember them back in 1999.

If you're talking about something else then i apologise :D
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    attitude era started in 1997 and ended in late 99

00-01 was attitude lite.

black barriers debuted at summerslam 1998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »

They were an excellent addition, made the ringside area look much better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    attitude era started in 1997 and ended in late 99

00-01 was attitude lite.

Attitude Lite in 2000? The Attitude Era ended in 2001 when Austin joined McMahon. That has never been disputed ever... only the start date with some suggesting it started in 1996 rather than 1997 given the birth of '3:16' and Bret Hart's rant etc. The Attitude Era is and forever will be 1996/7-2001. Although personally I would have it as 1997.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vampirek wrote: »
    Attitude Lite in 2000? The Attitude Era ended in 2001 when Austin joined McMahon. That has never been disputed ever... only the start date with some suggesting it started in 1996 rather than 1997 given the birth of '3:16' and Bret Hart's rant etc. The Attitude Era is and forever will be 1996/7-2001. Although personally I would have it as 1997.

I'd say late 1997 was the start of the attitude era, around the time they started airing the Pillman's XXX files segments in September.

Unoficially, even the 2001-02 period up to the roster split could be defined as part of the attitude era as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unoficially, even the 2001-02 period up to the roster split could be defined as part of the attitude era as well.

Could be but i don't count that bag of shite era anything other than null and void.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Could be but i don't count that bag of shite era anything other than null and void.

I know WWE blew the Invasion storyline, but there were great matches and moments from that era. The overall product was far superior back then to what it is now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about the thick black barriers which go around the ring to seperate the fans from the wrestlers ?

If so then these were installed WAY before 2008, i remember them back in 1999.

If you're talking about something else then i apologise :D

I was talking about them, I also meant 1998. Getting old and its scary to think that was 14 years ago! My bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WWE '13 Roster

John Cena, The Miz, Sheamus, Mark Henry, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Big Show, Brodus Clay, Alberto Del Rio, Booker T, Brock Lesnar, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, David Otunga, Dolph Ziggler, Edge, The Great Khali, Heath Slater, Hunico, Jack Swagger, John Laurinaitis, Justin Gabriel, Kane, Kofi Kingston, Primo, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, The Rock, R-Truth, Santino Marella, Sin Cara, Epico, Ted DiBiase, Triple H, The Undertaker, Jindar Mahal, Wade Barrett, Zack Ryder, Damien Sandow, Mike Tyson, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Mankind, Kevin Nash, Bradshaw, Road Warrior Animal, Big Bossman, Bill Gunn, Bret Hart, British Bulldog, Cactus Jack, Dude Love, Eddie Guerrero, Faarooq, The Godfather, Road Warrior Hawk, Ken Shamrock, Mankind, Mr. McMahon, Road Dogg Jesse James, Shane McMahon, Shawn Michaels, Vader and X-Pac.

Divas

Naomi, Cameron, Alicia Fox, Beth Phoenix, The Bella Twins, Eve, Kelly Kelly, Kharma, Lita, AJ Lee (as Raw GM), Trish Stratus and Stephanie McMahon.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mankind ! Raw Is War !

If they get X-Pac and the Road Dogg with D-X then i'll be picking this up.

I also hope they have the origional Raw Is War msic. Anyone for a D-X vs Corporation fued ? :D

The roster is out now and even Billy Gunn is included as well as a 1998 version of Triple H.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howabout90 wrote: »
    WWE '13 Roster

John Cena, The Miz, Sheamus, Mark Henry, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Big Show, Brodus Clay, Alberto Del Rio, Booker T, Brock Lesnar, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, David Otunga, Dolph Ziggler, Edge, The Great Khali, Heath Slater, Hunico, Jack Swagger, John Laurinaitis, Justin Gabriel, Kane, Kofi Kingston, Primo, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, The Rock, R-Truth, Santino Marella, Sin Cara, Epico, Ted DiBiase, Triple H, The Undertaker, Jindar Mahal, Wade Barrett, Zack Ryder, Damien Sandow, Mike Tyson, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Mankind, Kevin Nash, Bradshaw, Road Warrior Animal, Big Bossman, Bill Gunn, Bret Hart, British Bulldog, Cactus Jack, Dude Love, Eddie Guerrero, Faarooq, The Godfather, Road Warrior Hawk, Ken Shamrock, Mankind, Mr. McMahon, Road Dogg Jesse James, Shane McMahon, Shawn Michaels, Vader and X-Pac.

Divas

Naomi, Cameron, Alicia Fox, Beth Phoenix, The Bella Twins, Eve, Kelly Kelly, Kharma, Lita, AJ Lee (as Raw GM), Trish Stratus and Stephanie McMahon.

Natalya didn't make it onto the roster? Wow
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Natalya didn't make it onto the roster? Wow

Well, looking here: http://wwe.thq.com/roster there are 30 spaces not filled so I expect that there will be DLC not yet announced, which could include Natalya
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laurinaitis made it?!

How exactly?!!

Still...no announcers on the roster yet, guessing the DLC will give us Cole, Lawler and JR.

I demand a downloadable Mike Chioda!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Attitude Era, the year of the legends and the immortals... Have to get this on my list...