Options

Alicia-Emmerdale

RyclopsRyclops Posts: 500
Forum Member
✭✭
My favourite character on the show at the moment. Well rounded character, well acted and although it's obvious where they are going with her and David, I'm still enjoying their interactions.

The acting the other day when she found out David had told Priya about Jacob was fantastic.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's just so lovely. I'm almost at the point now where I don't think David deserves her anymore (for being such a plank) but they do have great chemistry.
  • Options
    AncalagonAncalagon Posts: 2,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryclops wrote: »
    My favourite character on the show at the moment. Well rounded character, well acted and although it's obvious where they are going with her and David, I'm still enjoying their interactions.

The acting the other day when she found out David had told Priya about Jacob was fantastic.

Completely agree with all of your post!
  • Options
    MontyDMontyD Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryclops wrote: »

Oh yeah she's well rounded alright :o

But seriously your right she has grown into a great character played by a decent actress. Plus I agree with the poster above who said that David doesn't deserve her.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    She's just so lovely. I'm almost at the point now where I don't think David deserves her anymore (for being such a plank) but they do have great chemistry.

Definitely agreed, the way he betrayed her the other night was so wrong. I hope she finds a new decent fella who actually has a backbone, not a spineless creep like David.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, what an idiot David is, it is so obvious he is so in love with her, how could he betray her like that. She is way too good for him and I say that even though I used to really like David.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally don't like Alicia, I wasnt to keen on the way she treated Laila. I like Priya and David owes loyalty to her. IMO it is wrong to have such huge secrets from one's partner. What is he supposed to do, lie to Priya. I think Priya is too good for David and he should go back to the bad tempered Alicia.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm another Alicia fan and also think that David doesn't deserve her, particularly for the way he betrayed her. Also she's so feisty and he's a bit of a drip, I think she'd be better with someone with a similar personality to her, someone with a bit of 'oomph' in him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    I personally don't like Alicia, I wasnt to keen on the way she treated Laila. I like Priya and David owes loyalty to her. IMO it is wrong to have such huge secrets from one's partner. What is he upposed to do, lie to Priya. I think Priya is too good for David and he should go back to the bad tempered Alicia.

I still can't get over Priya going after David despite thinking his marriage to Alicia was real. I think her dad or one of her brothers said how she has gone after married men before. Can't stand people who do that. I'll always prefer Alicia, if only for that. I can't remember all the thing Alicia said/did to Laila (I know she was hostile with her), but considering Laila got pregnant by Alicia's husband, it's no wonder she didn't like her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still can't get over Priya going after David despite thinkning his marriage to Alicia was real. I think her dad or one of her brothers said how she has gone after married men before. Can't stand people who do that. I'll always prefer Alicia, if only for that. I can't remember all the thing Alicia said/did to Laila (I know she was hostile with her), but considering Laila got pregnant by Alicia's husband, it's no wonder she didn't like her.

Maybe I am wrong or getting my soaps mixed up but I was under the impression that Alicia's husband was Laila's boyfriend and left her for Alicia. I will check it. Yes you are right about Priya, she did go after Alicia knowing that he was married ( infact no one was supposed to know) Naughty Priya:D BTW the actress who plays Alicia is very good. She plays the character well.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    Maybe I am wrong or getting my soaps mixed up but I was under the impression that Alicia's husband was Laila's boyfriend and left her for Alicia. I will check it. Yes you are right about Priya, she did go after Alicia knowing that he was married ( infact no one was supposed to know) Naughty Priya:D BTW the actress who plays Alicia is very good. She plays the character well.:)

I'm not sure if Justin was with Laila before he married Alicia or not, but I'm 90% sure he was married to her when he got Laila pregnant. I'm doubting myself now. My memory is rubbish :o

I like Priya when it comes to her scenes with her family. Some of her comments to Nikhil crack me up :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if Justin was with Laila before he married Alicia or not, but I'm 90% sure he was married to her when he got Laila pregnant. I'm doubting myself now. My memory is rubbish :o

I like Priya when it comes to her scenes with her family. Some of her comments to Nikhil crack me up :D

You are right, :)Laila got pregnant by Justin from a drunken one night stand. Alicia and Justin adopted the child as Alicia couldnt have children. I just checked on Wiki. :D Pathetic on my part:o
  • Options
    AncalagonAncalagon Posts: 2,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people are right about David, he is becoming more spineless in every episode- also, even though I am a fan of Alicia and on her side, I am actually becoming a bit concerned with the way David us treating Priya, it's almost abusive (mentally obv)

He can be quite nasty to her and somehow, she begs him for forgiveness etc He does not deserve either woman.
  • Options
    racheynharryracheynharry Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    The emotion that Natalie Anderson had when she found out that Priya knew Jacob wasnt hers was great. I felt so sorry for her although I couldnt work out whether Priya was being genuine when she said she wouldnt tell anyone
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think there is anything genuine about Priya, an annoying little rich bitch.
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The emotion that Natalie Anderson had when she found out that Priya knew Jacob wasnt hers was great. I felt so sorry for her although I couldnt work out whether Priya was being genuine when she said she wouldnt tell anyone

Agree with all the comments saying how great Alicia is(Natalie should be up for best actress at the soap awards, not just in the sexiest female IMO) onto Pryia something tells me she may threaten the bit of info to come out about Jacob, if and when David and Alicia do get together, also she may let it slip about she got offered the job at home farm and turned it down for Alicia to get, or am i being cynical about Pryia.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    Agree with all the comments saying how great Alicia is(she should be up for best acress at the soap awards, not just in the sexiest female) onto Pryia something tells me she may threaten the bit of info to come out about Jacob, if and when David and Alicia do get together also she may let it slip about she got offered the job at home farm and turned it down or am i cynical about Pryia being a pampered princess.....

IMO Priya is trying to lose the tag of a pampered princess. Why else would she work in the Woolly. If and when Alicia get back together, Priya is going to be devastated. IMO David has let things go too far.
  • Options
    linlamlinlam Posts: 9,023
    Forum Member
    Natalie portrays Alicia, brilliantly.

Somewhere at the back of my mind is this little memory that Andy also knows about Jacobs' parentage, but I can't remember, a) if it was Andy, and b) how he got to know. I'm sure someone else knows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO Priya is trying to lose the tag of a pampered princess. Why else would she work in the Woolly. If and when Alicia get back together, Priya is going to be devastated. IMO David has let things go too far.

David has gone too far with the wedding going ahead! its obvious where his feelings are and thats with Alicia, as Alicia gets more involved with Dom and wont let David have anything to do with Jacob(after the way he let her secret out) he will start to realise its Alicia he wants, if he has the guts to say to Pryia thats another story! im too involved with this storyline:o:o but compared to "Gangster Debbie" and Brenda's tumour its the only one im enjoying following, oh and Nicola trying to get Anjelica into the posh school:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    David has gone too far with the wedding going ahead! its obvious where his feelings are and thats with Alicia, as Alicia gets more involved with Dom and wont let David have anything to do with Jacob(after the way he let her secret out) he will start to realise its Alicia he wants, if he has the guts to say to Pryia thats another story! im too involved with this storyline:o:o but compared to "Gangster Debbie" and Brenda's tumour its the only one im enjoying following, oh and Nicola's getting Anjelica into the posh school:D

That was class:D I really find Nicola hugely entertaining:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was class:D I really find Nicola hugely entertaining:)

I do too so funny, also i warmed to Steve he really made me laugh going along with it,, treating her as the lady of the manor:D
  • Options
    pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    linlam wrote: »
    Natalie portrays Alicia, brilliantly.

Somewhere at the back of my mind is this little memory that Andy also knows about Jacobs' parentage, but I can't remember, a) if it was Andy, and b) how he got to know. I'm sure someone else knows.

Your right, Andy does know. Alicia told him when they were together :)
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like her, though David is annoying recently.
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best bangers in Soapland just now without a doubt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a fan of Alicia at all tbh. She is vile to Priya who has only ever shown her kindness so far. :mad:

People on here who hate Priya for no other reason than being wealthy... well, that says more about them than it does about my Priya. :cool:
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a massive fan of Alicia - she's my favourite character in Emmerdale at the moment too. The actress plays her brilliantly and I look forward to watching every scene she's in.