Survivor 29 - San Juan del Sur: Blood vs Water

Comments

• meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Yeah Natalie seems in a good position on her tribe, whereas Drew and Jon got some negativity when Jeremy said they were annoying everyone.
    Infact Drew has had negative edits in both episodes so far - thinking he did a great job of the shelter only to have people rolling their eyes at his delusion and this week flaunting his muscles with Jon.
    I want Drew to stay around though. I want to see him and his brother strategize together. lol i imagine it would involve lots of "dude's", "bro's" and they'd be totally in awe of themselves for just thinking of a big move before even putting it into action.
    When was Natalie in trouble anyway, it showed last week she was in the alliance Jeremy formed and people who lose their loved ones seem to go further anyway. I think Natalie will make merge at least. If anything Julie is in trouble now because John did not stick to the plan in keeping Val (he did try to but Val was a idiot), and I can see Jeremy target her. I dont think Jon they guy who lost the flint and owned up to it is getting that bad of a edit, he seems to be getting a lot of screen time which makes me think he becomes more of a character down the road. I still think Jeremy's edit is too perfect so far and he will be blindsided out of the game.

Agree on Jeremy, he seems like an emotional player who will wear his heart on his sleeve. He may start taking things too personally already now that his wife has been voted out.
    He probably won't consider whether voting out Julie would be a wise move, he'll just want to do it out of spite towards John.

We are supposed to be rooting for him though so an eventual blindside does sound like a probable outcome for him.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could Val have been more idiotic, I mean I think she was always likely to go as that tie would have happened as I'm assuming Josh flipped on the 3-3 plan which would have been the plan even if the girls stuck together.

I hate single gender alliances so I'm rooting for Josh and Baylor to come up with something to keep them both around.
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Could Val have been more idiotic, I mean I think she was always likely to go as that tie would have happened as I'm assuming Josh flipped on the 3-3 plan which would have been the plan even if the girls stuck together.

I hate single gender alliances so I'm rooting for Josh and Baylor to come up with something to keep them both around.

The problem is the Josh/Baylor alliance has the two worst people in it. Baylor is a pathetic sheep who has no game at all and willing to be used by the guys like a stupid girl she is. While Josh probably one of the only people in the orange tribe to have any game is nothing but a coward, he was coward in the first episode too scared to pick a side. His edit is reminding me of a that cockroach Cochran who I despise as a person and player.

Like the poster said above you I want to see a Jon/Drew alliance, would be hilarious to see them actually try and strategic I still think there is more to Jon to come, from the preview for the season it showed him saying "If anyone had the idol I will burn it" or along them lines and he sounded angry... cant wait. Plus Drew has been hilarious so far... "Go Josh" "Reed is on own out tribe" lol :)
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch season previews because they no doubt spoil things in the season.
    Forum Member
    starry wrote: »
    I don't watch season previews because they no doubt spoil things in the season.

It was at the end of episode one where they usually have what happens next episode but for some reason they had a preview for the season so it was hard not to miss it. They mainly focused on the blue tribe mates Jeremiah, Jon, Keith and Julie so will be interesting to see how that pans out because all the focus has been on the orange tribe so far because they suck so bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I'm not interested in the preview, I'll take each episode one by one. I don't even watch the preview for the next episode, I have to skip over that for the eliminated contestants final thoughts which is annoying. They should leave the preview of the next episode till the very end like they did in the South African one. The problem is many Americans like to be spoiled, they are too lazy for suspense.
    Forum Member
    I don't know if it was a good thing for Coyopa to vote out John, basically doing exactly what the other tribe wanted them to do. They've been losing all the ICs so getting rid of someone so physical might not be wise.
    But I think we might have been spared seeing John's negative qualities really come out. Maybe his ego was being kept in check due to losing so many times.

I felt bad for Julie being stuck in the middle of it all but then she seemed to be crying because of how it was affecting her own game rather than her loved one's name being dragged through the mud due to his past. Which was a bit strange, as John was always going to be seen as a huge threat no matter what. Surely the insults about his character are much more hurtful.

Alec bashing into Julie during the IC was a bit low. Him and Wes were almost certainly going to win that round anyway so there was no need really. Coyopa deserved to lose the IC for that.

I think I'd be okay with seeing Hunahpu go to TC next time, just to get a better insight into the tribe. The dynamics on Coyopa are starting to bore me a bit, if they go to TC next time I see a very predictable Jaclyn or Dale boot happening.
    Forum Member
    This seasons is getting worse for me, I dont like any of them. Natalie was disgusting in that episode,

Doubt it will happen but I hope Julie, Drew, Jon and Reed pull in someone and take Jeremiah and his bitch Natalie out, both pathetic saddos last night.

Dont get me started with Josh and Baylor..... argh dont like any off them.
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt bad for John because he actually did everything he could to save Val and the blue tribe didn't buy anything from him at all. And what a sneaky player Josh was. Immediately snuffed out a big target pre-merge when he heard that John had an idol. Survivor 101 right here.

What he needs now is a tribal reshuffle so that he can keep his number.

OMG so many dumb hunks in the blue tribe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First elimination I didn't like. I guess the men are just very comfortable in there having the numbers. Too many people on this show right now are very comfortable. Natalie shows she's got just as big a gob even without her sister there and I really wonder how she would get anywhere near the end. The guy who was annoyed with Val gone just seems an idiot.

The crying at the reward task continues, over the top. And some preaching from Josh about how gay people and hicks can get along was pretty annoying as well, it's the kind of thing you get in US shows but generally I don't hear it in Survivor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed - the sobbing needs to stop.

I can see Natalie go to the very end getting 0 votes.
    There were so many invisible contestants this week - Dale, Kelley, Jaclyn and Reed. Some had their moments but were really negative (eg. Julie, Natalie, Drew/Alec?)
    I wonder where the shake-ups happen because it looks a one-way traffic to me
    Forum Member
    The edit does feel rather unbalanced.
    Maybe Josh could start sharing some of his limelight with his partner Reed because Reed has a seriously awful edit. Have we seen him do anything besides lift his leg in the air for a second or two?
    Plus there's a whole bunch of blonde females that I get confused over which one is which.

In regards to Jeremy/Natalie. I think past history teaches you not to take anyone's word as gospel. Like I wouldn't have been able to be so angry at John without witnessing his actions myself. It was clear Jeremy was still mad about Val going so he could have over-exaggerated details about John's past when telling the tribe about him.
    I think the majority of the tribe did have that attitude though, basically waiting to judge him for themselves.

I don't really have a stand-out favourite that I'm rooting for, but my fave is probably Drew for bringing the entertainment. I was actually thinking Alec, as the younger brother, would be the one to stand out as a bit of a fool but so far Drew is making me laugh every episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait..I thought the old father was Drew for some reason..but it was the twin brother...

Josh all the way
    Forum Member
    The edit does feel rather unbalanced.
    Maybe Josh could start sharing some of his limelight with his partner Reed because Reed has a seriously awful edit. Have we seen him do anything besides lift his leg in the air for a second or two?
    Plus there's a whole bunch of blonde females that I get confused over which one is which.

In regards to Jeremy/Natalie. I think past history teaches you not to take anyone's word as gospel. Like I wouldn't have been able to be so angry at John without witnessing his actions myself. It was clear Jeremy was still mad about Val going so he could have over-exaggerated details about John's past when telling the tribe about him.
    I think the majority of the tribe did have that attitude though, basically waiting to judge him for themselves.

I don't really have a stand-out favourite that I'm rooting for, but my fave is probably Drew for bringing the entertainment. I was actually thinking Alec, as the younger brother, would be the one to stand out as a bit of a fool but so far Drew is making me laugh every episode.

Yep the editing sucks because the unbearable arseholes seem to be featuring too much like Josh and Jeremy, my gut is telling me one off these two will win :( I think Reed, Misty and Kelly have not been featured because they have no storyline yet because the blue tribe keep winning. With Natalie and Jeremy they have had stroylines because their loved ones have been voted out. Josh is featured alot because he seems to be the only one on his tribe with brains... well I say that but he made a stupid move getting John out who was loyal to him compared to Baylor who seems too distrust him so I hope she is the one to take him out :D The others seem to be sheep like Alec/Wes/Baylor and Jackie and Dale are on the outs so will be out soon. On the blue side, Julie has had a storyline because of Rockers past, and Drew has the idiot edit but I actually like you prefer him to most of the cast but his edit is screaming first boot from the blue tribe. Keith has had a good edit so far as well, and Jon has had a wired edit as well so I hope Jon/Keith do well and take Jeremy, Josh and Natalie out.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I don't like Rocker I cannot stand Natalie, who on earth was she to go mouthing off, same as on TAR can't keep that cave of a mouth shut.

I hate that someone in production thought these would be a great booking for Survivor.
    Forum Member
    As much as I don't like Rocker I cannot stand Natalie, who on earth was she to go mouthing off, same as on TAR can't keep that cave of a mouth shut.

I hate that someone in production thought these would be a great booking for Survivor.

Yep I guess seeing as she likes to brings peoples past into discussion should she be voted off for stealing money on the amazing race?
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,789
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed Natalie's outburst, at last something was happening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The editing made this way too obvious that Drew was going I thought. No puzzles in the challenges this week. Hopefully Natalie becomes less comfortable soon.
    Forum Member
    Meh this seasons sucks, only saving grace is if Jeremy, Josh and natalie are the next three to go, all awful people.
    Forum Member
    No more Drew. Though it's hard to say he didn't have it coming, especially taking it upon himself to throw the IC. You kind of need other people to play survivor really, not just follow your own plans. lol
    The editing did make it way too obvious, infact it would have been more exciting if they hadn't been building up to it for weeks. But at least now things can progress onwards.

I liked Alec's resentment for his brother suddenly developing out of nowhere, especially since he's got to carry the bag now for him and his bro.

I don't have a major problem with anyone on either tribe, although I still haven't figured out who to root for yet.

About preview for next week....
    I get the feeling it's just a bit soon for a tribe swap. Things are just getting interesting on Hunahpu. But then I think we've seen far too much of Coyopa so splitting them up may be just the thing to do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really, how stupid was Drew?

Speechless.

And a hot mess week of course.
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh this seasons sucks, only saving grace is if Jeremy, Josh and natalie are the next three to go, all awful people.

In what way?

Fair enough you might not like their gameplay or personalities. But "awful people"? What gives you that impression?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now the camera was back on Julie last week and I finally realised she looked exactly like Angelina Jolie.

This one:
    https://cmgajcradiotvtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/julie-mcgee-survivor-solo-shot.jpg

and this one:
    http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2013/01/25/1226561/535078-angelina-jolie.jpg

Uncanny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite liked Jeremy getting undermined, even though as it was presented it was completely accidental as that older guy actually thought the idol had been found when it hadn't. It made it funnier unless you like Jeremy.
    Forum Member
    A shock elimination but she was one of Jeremys bitches so I am glad she is gone

Still despise Jeremy and Natalie so hope they lose but sadly Jeremy's edit screams winner :(

Dare I say I am actually warming to Baylor a bit, she was funny in this episode