Would anyone else like rid of Paul Hollywood on GBBO?

pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,389
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This series has just confirmed how much i cannot abide him. He is actually putting me off the show.

Comments

• loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him.
  • JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him too :) I wouldn't change any of the 4 presenters/judges even though "posh Mary" can irritate me a tad, sometimes :D
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would keep mary and Mel. Paul and Sue can f**k right off
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series has just confirmed how much i cannot abide him. He is actually putting me off the show.

He can be annoying at times but I think he does it on purpose. If he was dropped (and not just went off to do something else) then I think Mary Berry might leave and certainly it would be hard for a new judge to build up a similar relationship with her. I would not like to see him leave.

Who would you suggest replacing him with?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    He can be annoying at times but I think he does it on purpose. If he was dropped (and not just went off to do something else) then I think Mary Berry might leave and certainly it would be hard for a new judge to build up a similar relationship with her. I would not like to see him leave.

Who would you suggest replacing him with?

Piers Morgan or Amanda Holden JOKE
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    I think the presenting and judging teams work really well together. I wouldn't change any of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    I cannot stand him! Every episode I spend more time thinking about how much pleasure it would give me to punch him in the face than concentrating on the actual baking...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He just makes me think of a little goblin who gets really annoyed if anyone dares do things the way he wants them done
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Like him or loathe him, he is part of what makes the show so great

I don't get how some of you can get so wound up about people on TV shows
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I like Paul and Mary together. Mel and Sue should go though, dreadful pair of unfunny women. Sue Perkins make me cringe every time I see her smug face.
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    No but I certainly would like Berry to be replaced asap!

Berry has become this irritant, negative, and big headed with a massive ego to go with it. She's gone too big for her boots.>:(

Besides she's too old school, too old fashioned in her style of baking, presentation, and flavourings. She has zero creativity.

There are far more deserving cake/dessert/pudding makers out there right now who can easily replace Berry.

I even noticed Paul is getting a little put off with Berry at times.

And what's with the long nails with dirt underneath that she covers with nail polished not to mention her dribbling on the side of her mouth...disgusting!:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member

Berry has become this irritant, negative, and big headed with a massive ego to go with it. She's gone too big for her boots.>:(

Besides she's too old school, too old fashioned in her style of baking, presentation, and flavourings. She has zero creativity.

There are far more deserving cake/dessert/pudding makers out there right now who can easily replace Berry.

And what's with the long nails with dirt underneath that she covers with nail polished not to mention her dribbling on the side of her mouth...disgusting!:rolleyes:

I don't agree with your personal attack on Mary.

However although I don't dislike Mary she doesn't seem to have any real input into the judging. Paul says something critical and Mary say something like "well I thought it was very nice" which really should be Mel and Sues job. Mary should be giving the same level of criticism as Paul. It always looks to me as though Paul has the upper hand. I would like to see Mitch Turner from Britains Best Bakery be a judge although I suspect Paul couldn't handle another professional baker.
  • Twenty10Twenty10 Posts: 416
    Forum Member

Well, obviously there must be two Mary Berry's on TV because I don't recognise anything you've said here about the Mary Berry on GBBO. In fact, I'd say most were the complete opposite of how she comes across on the programme.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member

I think referring to an elderly lady just by her surname is extremely rude.

Would you like someone referring to your mother or your wife (assuming you have one) that way? I think not. It's just basic good manners to refer to her as Mrs Berry or Mary Berry.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,908
    Forum Member

What a spiteful lowlife way to describe a person who has encouraged people in cookery for decades, and is probably the most positive and constructive adjudicator in this type of competitive programme genre.
    Your tirade is completely mistaken and disgusting to read.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    What a spiteful lowlife way to describe a person who has encouraged people in cookery for decades, and is probably the most positive and constructive adjudicator in this type of competitive programme genre.
    Your tirade is completely mistaken and disgusting to read.

Agreed, she has a great relationship with Paul Hollywood. He winds her up all the time but she gets her own back at times. You cannot have a relationship like that without friendship and respect.
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot stand him! Every episode I spend more time thinking about how much pleasure it would give me to punch him in the face than concentrating on the actual baking...

Hahahaha I have to agree. I think the team all work together pretty well but he really irritates me with his attitude that no one knows how to bake bread well but him, and when he does pastry he drives me mad. He is so heavy handed with it. You need a light touch and he batters it into submission as if he is still kneading bread dough.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a deeply unpleasant person you come across as.
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like GBBO the way it is, I enjoy the relationship between all of the presenters.

I'm wondering whether the poster talking about Mary Berry dribbling is watching GBBO or Wayne and Waynetta Slob by mistake-maybe even Shameless???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    I like GBBO the way it is, I enjoy the relationship between all of the presenters.

I'm wondering whether the poster talking about Mary Berry dribbling is watching GBBO or Wayne and Waynetta Slob by mistake-maybe even Shameless???

I don't think there is much danger of the BBC changing a programme that can get over 12 million viewers just because a couple of people online have some sort of personal grudge against the presenters.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Paul's here to stay, but goodness me - by the skin of his teeth! He's lucky people were so forgiving. Paul and Mary's personalities still compliment one another, but he seems more self-conscious now in the way he responds to people. Without the warmth and blue-eyed "charm", at times he comes across as arrogant. I'll readily admit though - shallow as I am - that Paul's original persona may have all been in my head, swept away as I was, by the whole silver fox thing (even started a thread on silver foxes!) haha
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rude!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are one very bitter individual. Most of your recent posts are really bloody miserable. Who took the jam out of your donut?!