Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,807
    Forum Member
    Great stuff, all over now... sniff.
  • LoveSadieKing05LoveSadieKing05 Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was so sad.

And the clip montage at the end had me in floods of tears!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a great episode!

Loved it- definitly ended, the surreal ending was great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confession time.

Who cried? :D
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    feelfree wrote:
    Loved the episode but I do think it still could return for a special or soemthing

I hope it does. The show itself has had a moment or two where it looked like it would end.

She's not left Dibley, so it could easily continue as a special sometime.

The car bit was clever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a great ending to a brilliant sitcom. I'm SO going to miss them. :cry::o
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    I thought Geraldine was about to fall into a huge puddle until she started flying lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hillarious! Loved every minute especially the joke at the end when she finally got it!
    Lovin the darleks. LOL at the song about Paul and heather!

Can't beleive it's over. They can't change thier mind now because of the way they wrapped it up, and with Jim going no, no, no, no, no.

PS: Didn't Hugo look old in the little tribute bit at the end! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The clips at the end were brilliant, as was Alice finally getting the joke. :cry::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    :( its such a brilliant programme, and that episode was absolutely hilarious. I'll miss it loads.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ethereal wrote:
    I thought Geraldine was about to fall into a huge puddle until she started flying lol.

As I said abovebilliant episode but I agree about her falling in thne puddle I thought that to and it would of been fanatastic to end on that but liked the ending all the same
  • BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    found the christmas day one to be much funnier, but I don't think many sitcoms ever end on a overly hilarious note. Still enjoyable and nice end to the programme. Best scene was the car and wedding dress - fantastic. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How funny was it when Owen drove over the puddle and it ruined her dress! I wasn't expecting that one.

Great ending. I don't think they should bring it back now as that was a perfect ending, except for Geraldine flying off when i suddenly thought it had turned into My Hero for the last few seconds. Much better than the 1999 xmas special ending which i actually thought was gonna be the end at one point. Even tho this episode was funny, i do think that it has had it's day and the writers would be stretched for ideas for another special. They've ended it at the right time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will miss Dibley very much - hope they bring out all the episodes including these last two on a special DVD soon !!

Turville in Oxfordshire is where Dibley is filmed - lovely village and just how it looks on film.
  • RuokasiRuokasi Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "He should have quit while he was a-head"..

Ahaha.. That was amazing.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denisemdl wrote:
    Will miss Dibley very much - hope they bring out all the episodes including these last two on a special DVD soon !!

Turville in Oxfordshire is where Dibley is filmed - lovely village and just how it looks on film.

You probs already know but just incase you didnt there is actually a complete collection out already but just hasent got these last 2 episodes in which I hope come out soon hope thats helps iif you didnt know :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nausikaa wrote:
    Confession time.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :(:)
  • FoggieFoggie Posts: 80,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nausikaa wrote:
    Confession time.

**puts hand up** ....I did :)
  • ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    And me. Tissue anyone?
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant, with some good gags even if not as funny as the Christmas Day one.

Oddly, this one had all the Christmas decorations in, so perhaps the writers intended the first as a pre-Christmas set-up with the big wedding and final send-off saved for Christmas Night? Either way, I think the BBC made the right move - the funnier episode worked better as a Christmas Night comedy.

Wasn't Hugh Bonneville good as the other vicar - could the BBC not give him a sitcom?

In the meantime, another one* bites the dust... :cry:

(*classic, mass-audience, much-loved BBC sitcoms)
  • JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the ending! Didn't expect it to happen until the back end but they did clips for the last 5 minutes.

I saw her flying in the air, how did she get up there?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    feelfree wrote:
    You probs already know but just incase you didnt there is actually a complete collection out already but just hasent got these last 2 episodes in which I hope come out soon hope thats helps iif you didnt know :)

Thank you - I will probably invest in the complete collection now that it is all over and just keep my recorded dvds from Xmas and new years day incase they don't ever bring them out.

:)
  • Pepsi_Max_KidPepsi_Max_Kid Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as Funny as the Christmas Day Episode, but still as good .. if you get me? haha!

Really good ending i thought too!

:( sad to see Dibley Go tho! .. Hope this episode's ratings is Higher than the christmas day episode! which could very well be with it being the last episode! *Fingers Crossed*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnr wrote:
    I missed the ending! Didn't expect it to happen until the back end but they did clips for the last 5 minutes.

Divine intervention maybe !

She ran out of the church and then floated up in the air as if she was on cloud nine - brilliant !
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnr wrote:

Using the same sitcom magic that enabled Del Boy, Rodney and Uncle Albert to morph into cartoon characters and walk off down a yellow brick road into the sunset - a perfect sitcom ending.... until they resurrected it for 3 drawn out specials that tarnished the image forever :mad: