✭✭✭
    eduble wrote: »
    Maybe some of them are kids?
    Kids with PayPal?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely people are able to draw a line between what's okay and what's ridiculous? I can't believe the amount of people who have donated, there must be something seriously wrong with them.

Maybe some of them are kids?
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Mardymoo wrote: »
    Oh cmon, he is a young lad who is in a state of shock at his popularity, and was having a laugh, i dont doubt him for 1 minute when he said he thought people would take it as he meant it... A JOKE.....

There are a lot of naive, impressionable young folk out there. Not everyone is as sensible as you and I. He doesn't have the right to exploit that - even if it is going to charity in the end.

If it was intended as a joke he should never have set up a legitimate Paypal account in the first place. And he shouldn't have let it run for as long as he did.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Surely people are able to draw a line between what's okay and what's ridiculous? I can't believe the amount of people who have donated, there must be something seriously wrong with them.

Not everyone.
  • Options
    lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    diamond1 wrote: »
    yeah I clicked on the donate button just to see (no intention of donating) and got the Fatal Fail message too

.. so I wonder why some donations are going through

like you, I'll be disappointed if he does actually take the money

I have a working Paypal, I paid for an item I won on ebay just before coming on here but it still is a fatal failure!

I would like to say Sam is drunk and put up something dumb on his Twitter page but as we know he doesn't drink!

Sammy I could throttle you! :mad: What a way to shoot yourself in the foot!
  • Options
    MistMist Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a huge problem with him doing this. He can always say it was a joke, but you do not take money from fans and even accept a fiver from one of them, joke or not. Even if he said it was for charity, I would not believe him, due to him constantly asking fans to book him fo PA etc.

This is not a joke, it is taking the p**s out of all the people who have supported him.

He even tweeted before that he was going to sell the moustache he wore, at the eviction, he asked his "fans" how much they would give him for it.

This is the real Sam, like it or not. Disgraceful. BB take note.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i never expected anyone to actually give me money! but all the money i get i will give to a charity(tweet later), thanks so much everyone!

6 minutes Via twitter

he said his giving it to charity and will prove it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a working Paypal, I paid for an item I won on ebay just before coming on here but it still is a fatal failure!

I would like to say Sam is drunk and put up something dumb on his Twitter page but as we know he doesn't drink!

Sammy I could throttle you! :mad: What a way to shoot yourself in the foot!

Sam does not booze drink.:D
  • Options
    synthsparklessynthsparkles Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad now that he's giving the money away though I'm not sure that is what his first intentions were.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    green855 wrote: »
    i never expected anyone to actually give me money! but all the money i get i will give to a charity(tweet later), thanks so much everyone!

6 minutes Via twitter

It doesn't matter if he said after the event he will give the money to charity he exploited gullible fans and I hope he gets banned from twitter so he can't promote himself anymore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    He should have stopped it and posted about giving to charity after the first donations, not then gone on and told people he would tweet their names thus encouraging more. Methinks someone has had a word and told him how bad it looks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    green855 wrote: »

6 minutes Via twitter

Total BS, no way will he do that. Why do what he has just done. Why not say in the first place it was for charity. Rubbish, it is only cos some people are complaining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cherry o wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if he said after the event he will give the money to charity he exploited gullible fans and I hope he gets banned from twitter so he can't promote himself anymore.

Well those people are idiots not his fault! I donated a penny o.o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    sam_pepper_bb11: ok so everyone tweet what charity i should give the money too on my page . will get a receipt type thing to show i donated.

Hmm.. I still call it an epic backfire...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,018
    Forum Member
    He should have stopped it and posted about giving to charity after the first donations, not then gone on and told people he would tweet their names thus encouraging more. Methinks someone has had a word and told him how bad it looks.

Grace Dent and Emma had a go at him, he told them they were humourless or wtte.
  • Options
    LARulzLARulz Posts: 34,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He can go f*ck himself
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually quite upset by this.
    Everyone who has seen me post on here knows sam is my favourite housemate of all time. and i will defend him all the time.

But i can't defend him over this. He's made it a TINY bit better by giving the money to charity.
    but i think that wasn't his intention to begin with.
    he probably had negative feedback and decided he'd have to give it away.
    I think he probably didn't think he would get any donations. but why make it in the first place? :(
  • Options
    FirespireFirespire Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, he set up a website and his real Paypal account and didn't expect people to send him money, right. Next he will be saying when he posts his contact address and says "send things" he isn't expecting anyone will send him things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Kate_71UK wrote: »

Good for them. Glad someone had a word. He has done himself no favours
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is an absolute ar****le to do that to people who have voted for him in BB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,018
    Forum Member
    Good for them. Glad someone had a word. He has done himself no favours

Grace Dent has just grassed him up to Daniel Nettleton now. His new Daddy won't be pleased :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nrooto wrote: »
    I'm actually quite upset by this.
    Everyone who has seen me post on here knows sam is my favourite housemate of all time. and i will defend him all the time.

But i can't defend him over this. He's made it a TINY bit better by giving the money to charity.
    but i think that wasn't his intention to begin with.
    he probably had negative feedback and decided he'd have to give it away.
    I think he probably didn't think he would get any donations. but why make it in the first place? :(

nrooto, you and I have locked horns with my dislike for Sam previously, havn't we. It still gives me no satisfaction though, that he thinks he can treat his fans this way, none at all.
  • Options
    chelle6chelle6 Posts: 5,953
    Forum Member
    When he set it up he didn't say it was for charity and people gave him money because they wanted to. No different from a busker in my opinion.

You have to have access to an account to give it is not like stealing candy from babies.

Now he is giving it to charity so what is the big deal?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_pepper_bb11
    .should i donate my money to https://www.justgiving.com/donation/sponsor/page/2752553/ because then you can all see i donated it!
    less than 5 seconds ago via web .

ok so everyone tweet what charity i should give the money too on my page . will get a receipt type thing to show i donated
    6 minutes ago via web .

12 minutes ago via web .

everyone should probaly stop donating money to the help sam get a grand scheme, hahaah too many people dont get a joke!!!
    20 minutes ago via web

There you go - it was a joke - he didn't think anyone would respond and the money is going to charity

yes it's obvious his humour doesn't suit all....that's why we have so many diverse comedians:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grace Dent has just grassed him up to Daniel Nettleton now. His new Daddy won't be pleased :D

Who is Daniel Nettleton?