Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I had no idea what 60 minute makeover was until I read this thread - though the clue is probably in the name.

Should I set the Sky+ or just continue in blissful ignorance of it's very existence?

This is all you need to know! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc-0cA5tefo
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Ignore it :D

Ignore what? :confused:;)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had no idea what 60 minute makeover was until I read this thread - though the clue is probably in the name.

Should I set the Sky+ or just continue in blissful ignorance of it's very existence?

I'd go for ...Blissful Ignorance Blondie X
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    I was going to watch it, as I wanted to see the scene with Emily and Pete chatting about the distance. Emily said things would be better once they lived closer. He kept seeking clarification, as he thought she meant living together and seemed relieved when she finally had to say "within walking distance".

Dont panic Pete, shes only coming on the days she is being filmed and not moving in:D:D:D:D:D

Oh yes, that was really interesting, wasn't it? :D I mentioned before that Emily is imo definitely the more enthusiastic half of this relationship. Pete seems to be hedging his bets... I still think he likes the idea of this relationship more than the relationship itself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sat holding on to my husband for days willing the cancer not to kill him.
    It did.

I cannot tell you just how angry I feel about anyone (not just PA) selling grief.

Never in my life have I wanted to slap someone as much as I want to slap Peter Andre.
    How dare he put his grief is up for sale???:mad::mad::mad:

So sorry DD, I never got to say goodbye to my dad because of this terrible disease, its beyond belief that someone could use this experience and pain in such a vile selfish way
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    What I struck me from the start was, where did new "best friend" Ryan spring from? Unless I've missed something he just appeared from nowhere & I thought Karl owned the "best friend" title:confused:

I remember seeing Ryan in a clip from one of PA shows ages ago, it was when PA was on holiday with CP and Nicola Partridge, while they were all walking along you could see and hear Ryan in the back ground rushing up to holiday makers saying "oh look its peter andre" in an attempt to create some interest in PA, so he like karl is just another member of the production team, not saying they arent friends with PA, but it just high lights the fact that PA dosent seem to have any friends that arent being paid to be filmed as his friends by his agency

I was wondering if Ryan was a paid employee and just giving Karl a rest.

Im sure Pete realizes, but perhaps he doesnt, what his overheads are. All the staff he is paying for through CAN. Wheatley and Karl must cost him £70,000 per year. He has to keep working, just to pay all his "help".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was wondering if Ryan was a paid employee and just giving Karl a rest.

Im sure Pete realizes, but perhaps he doesnt, what his overheads are. All the staff he is paying for through CAN. Wheatley and Karl must cost him £70,000 per year. He has to keep working, just to pay all his "help".

PA having no friends is a bit :o but PA having paid pretendy friends to be filmed with is very much :o:o:o just makes it worse also makes you start to wonder why he dosent have any real friends or imo any real relationships since his marriage ended :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

PA having no friends is a bit :o but PA having paid pretendy friends to be filmed with is very much :o:o:o just makes it worse also makes you start to wonder why he dosent have any real friends or imo any real relationships since his marriage ended :confused:

He is always surrounded by his brothers.. Do any of them have GF or wives?. .. People who work for CAN and that appears to be it really .. That's sad really..
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes brill lexi :)
    I did watch from the part where the first aid stuff started, I honestly thought people where joking about pete continually saying he loves his kids, but theyre not are they :eek:

I really felt for PA older brother when PA rushed out of the room in tears, his face showed a genuine stab of grief that he quietly contained within a dignified downward glance, such a contrast to PA performance :mad:

He gushes and says I love you and paws at the kids so much during his show that Princess, in particular, squirms away from him in embarrassment half the time. Whilst there was some genuinely sweet interaction between them at the birthday party, he goes way OTT with the 'love declarations'.

And yes, when Pete 'lost it' at the end of the speech at the party, I was shouting at the tv for him to just SIT DOWN NOW! but of course he had to make a dramatic exit. His older brother (Danny?) was AS upset as Peter but dropped his head and cried quietly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't ruin your innocence Blondie. When I was off work with flu I watched this show. I felt like I was going through a stage of atonement. Do not repeat my mistakes Blondie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    He gushes and says I love you and paws at the kids so much during his show that Princess, in particular, squirms away from him in embarrassment half the time. Whilst there was some genuinely sweet interaction between them at the birthday party, he goes way OTT with the 'love declarations'.

I'm not sure this is a bad thing. Princess may be embarrassed by it now but I think she will look back with fond memories. My father was the classic stiff upper lip figure. Worked all the time, was a great provider but emotionally distant. I wish I was in Princesses situation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure this is a bad thing. Princess may be embarrassed by it now but I think she will look back with fond memories. My father was the classic stiff upper lip figure. Worked all the time, was a great provider but emotionally distant. I wish I was in Princesses situation.

Princess might not be comfortable because she knows the difference between when he is being a genuine loving dad and when he is doing it just for the cameras ..
    I had two parents who where total opposites..my dad was a huggy cuddly.kissy kind of bloke who did loads of things with us and a mum who is affectionate very rarely
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are spot on re 60 MM, not once has the Presenter's name been in the title & nor should it be unless of course Pete is doing the whole make over himself which would be literally impossible since the daft oaf can't do the most menial tasks without shouting for help from poor Gloria.
    And yes it is a good thing he is doing setting up the foundation in light of Andrew's death but of course Pete had to go on National TV to announce it, I'm sure there are plenty of other celebs who do this type of work but don't need to revel in the glory of proving to the world what a "good, decent person" they are.
    As for naming the Foundation after himself when of course it should have been named after Andrew, what else are we to expect from this needy, fame hungry twit:rolleyes:

I am bemused at most of the comments on this thread. Un-BElievable.
    The channel has obviously called it 'Peter Andre's 60 minute makeover' to garner more attention and to differentiate it as a new series. Pete gets a lot of attention. He is very famous in this country. Why it should mean he does the work himself is just pmsl ridiculous.
    As for announcing his cancer charity...Is he supposed to hide it? Would that be a good way to promote it? I don't get it.
    I would say he's called the charity after his name because of his fame, people will immediately know who it is and who it was set up to honour.

[QUOTE=
    What I struck me from the start was, where did new "best friend" Ryan spring from? Unless I've missed something he just appeared from nowhere & I thought Karl owned the "best friend" title:confused:

I remember seeing Ryan in a clip from one of PA shows ages ago, it was when PA was on holiday with CP and Nicola Partridge, while they were all walking along you could see and hear Ryan in the back ground rushing up to holiday makers saying "oh look its peter andre" in an attempt to create some interest in PA, so he like karl is just another member of the production team, not saying they arent friends with PA, but it just high lights the fact that PA dosent seem to have any friends that arent being paid to be filmed as his friends by his agency
    Ryan has been his friend since the 90's. Are you saying they're paying Ryan?
    scone wrote: »
    Soon there will be Peter Andre's Sixty Minute Makeover to watch. To see his highness waltzing into people's homes and watching others painting over wallpaper and then blowing a whistle and then greeting the home dwellers upon their return with that smile that looks like he has smelt something disgusting, watching their faces as he shows them the renovated rooms, thank goodness I have a job and will hardly ever see it :D
    Well yuh, isn't that what normally happens?
    Yes brill lexi :)
    I did watch from the part where the first aid stuff started, I honestly thought people where joking about pete continually saying he loves his kids, but theyre not are they :eek: I really felt for PA older brother when PA rushed out of the room in tears, his face showed a genuine stab of grief that he quietly contained within a dignified downward glance, such a contrast to PA performance :mad:
    You watched his show? :o
    Is a stiff upper lip to be applauded? PA is known for being a cryer, at every emotional situation. Why ask him not to be who he is?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Princess might not be comfortable because she knows the difference between when he is being a genuine loving dad and when he is doing it just for the cameras ..
    I had two parents who where total opposites..my dad was a huggy cuddly.kissy kind of bloke who did loads of things with us and a mum who is affectionate very rarely
    There's so much fantasy & barrel scrapage on here today.
    How would you even have come to this conclusion when you don't watch the show? :rolleyes::D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's part of his "little boy lost" routine to appeal to woman who want to mother him

Pass the bucket BB cos I feel ill.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You know the answer to that one.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry DD, I never got to say goodbye to my dad because of this terrible disease, its beyond belief that someone could use this experience and pain in such a vile selfish way

I hear ya my friend.:(

If its any consolation though, I do firmly believe that it'll come straight back to haunt this vile apology of a human being and he'll have the rest of his life to ponder on his disgusting quest for fame.

He is an out and out abomination imho.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is, and it would be if it was anyone else, but because it's the big orange manbaby, he's not selling his grief as part of his tawdry sideshow of a TV series, he's "raising awareness" or "showing us his life".
    I'm starting to wonder whether "Abomination" is too polite.
  • hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is, and it would be if it was anyone else, but because it's the big orange manbaby, he's not selling his grief as part of his tawdry sideshow of a TV series, he's "raising awareness" or "showing us his life".

I do wonder if he actually knows what 'raising awareness' means. Have i missed him talking about what symptoms to look out for? Or talking about signs that should alert people to seek medical advise?
    It's all very well for him to say he wants to raise awareness - but he needs to back that up with what people do actually need to be aware of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its the best that idiot is going to get because we are decent people who don't need to drop into the sewer to make comment.;)
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunniebun wrote: »
    I do wonder if he actually knows what 'raising awareness' means. Have i missed him talking about what symptoms to look out for? Or talking about signs that should alert people to seek medical advise?
    It's all very well for him to say he wants to raise awareness - but he needs to back that up with what people do actually need to be aware of.

I honestly doubt it.
    Unless it's raising awareness of Peter Andre, I wouldn't have thought he'd be interested.
    As for him talking about symptoms or signs of illness, let alone letting people know when they should consult a doctor, no-one should EVER take advice from someone who has proven not only that he knows nothing about the illness that sadly killed his brother, he is a damn liar aswell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunniebun wrote: »
    It's all very well for him to say he wants to raise awareness - but he needs to back that up with what people do actually need to be aware of

No hunniebun.....you've missed nothing.:(

Had there been one iota of care and consideration for anyone going through the trauma of cancer, I'd have been first in line to applaud him.

The idiotic moron couldn't even do that.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    There's so much fantasy & barrel scrapage on here today.
    How would you even have come to this conclusion when you don't watch the show? :rolleyes::D

If you read my post properly it says she MIGHT not be comfortable ...etc ..I'm making a suggestion..it's not a conclusion it's a discussion point ..an idea .. A theory .. I'm not scraping any barrels or fantasising ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    This thread is so sad. Just skimmed through reading some of the comments and i can't for the life of me understand some of you. You seem to have so much hatred for this man but continue to watch his shows adding to his viewing figures and are constantly talking about him but yet you say you don't like him. Looks like the jokes on you. Your thinking about him more than people who actually like him.

Don't forget his on Jonathan Ross tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is so sad. Just skimmed through reading some of the comments and i can't for the life of me understand some of you. You seem to have so much hatred for this man but continue to watch his shows adding to his viewing figures and are constantly talking about him but yet you say you don't like him. Looks like the jokes on you. Your thinking about him more than people who actually like him.

Don't forget his on Jonathan Ross tonight

I don't watch his shows..
This discussion has been closed.