Options

SCD Grand Final Discussion Thread (Sat 6.30pm/8.40pm)

cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
Forum Member
✭✭
So. This is it. This is the big one.

In the first show tonight the four couples will dance twice, with the phone lines opening after everybody has danced once:
Dance 1 - Judges' Choice
Abbey & Aljaz - Waltz to "Kissing You" (from week 1)
Natalie & Artem - Cha-Cha-Cha to "Rasputin" (from week 1)
Sophie & Brendan - Viennese Waltz to "My Favourite Things" (from week 10)
Susanna & Kevin - Quickstep to "Good Morning" (from week 10)

Dance 2 - Showdance
Abbey & Aljaz - Showdance to "Sweet Child O' Mine"
Natalie & Artem - Showdance to "Stepping Out"
Sophie & Brendan - Showdance to "I Wanna Dance With Somebody"
Susanna & Kevin - Showdance to "Your Song"

At some point between the two shows voting lines will be frozen. At the top of the second show the couple with the fewest votes from the public is eliminated, and the lines will re-open three remaining couples then get to do the couples' choice:
Dance 3 - Couples' Choice
Abbey & Aljaz - Quickstep to "Walking on Sunshine" (from week 8)
Natalie & Artem - American Smooth to "I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" (from week 10)
Sophie & Brendan - Charleston to "Rock It For Me" (from week 2)
Susanna & Kevin - Paso Doble to "Les Toreadors" (from week 8)

Have a great final, everyone!

Comments

• Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks cwickham. Seeing as the dances have been discussed all week, not sure we need spoiler tags? (ETA: Plus I would like to discuss them as part of the show discussion as I won't be coming to the thread once the show starts. I want my focus in one place tonight).

As usual from me - How to vote
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if the couples wear the same outfits for the judges and couples choice? I know they did last year so I assumed it would be the same this year, but Susanna mentioned something on Breakfast this morning about having a new outfit for the Quickstep? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the couples wear the same outfits for the judges and couples choice? I know they did last year so I assumed it would be the same this year, but Susanna mentioned something on Breakfast this morning about having a new outfit for the Quickstep? :confused:

In the past they have worn different colours at least and we know they made two gowns for Susanna's opening credits bit as they showed us the one they didn't use on ITT this week. I presume it will be similar for all the celebs.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    So. This is it. This is the big one.

In the first show tonight the four couples will dance twice, with the phone lines opening after everybody has danced once:
    Dance 1 - Judges' Choice
    Abbey & Aljaz - Waltz to "Kissing You" (from week 1)
    Natalie & Artem - Cha-Cha-Cha to "Rasputin" (from week 1)
    Sophie & Brendan - Viennese Waltz to "My Favourite Things" (from week 10)
    Susanna & Kevin - Quickstep to "Good Morning" (from week 10)

Dance 2 - Showdance
    Abbey & Aljaz - Showdance to "Sweet Child O' Mine"
    Natalie & Artem - Showdance to "Stepping Out"
    Sophie & Brendan - Showdance to "I Wanna Dance With Somebody"
    Susanna & Kevin - Showdance to "Your Song"

At some point between the two shows voting lines will be frozen. At the top of the second show the couple with the fewest votes from the public is eliminated, and the lines will re-open three remaining couples then get to do the couples' choice:
    Dance 3 - Couples' Choice
    Abbey & Aljaz - Quickstep to "Walking on Sunshine" (from week 8)
    Natalie & Artem - American Smooth to "I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" (from week 10)
    Sophie & Brendan - Charleston to "Rock It For Me" (from week 2)
    Susanna & Kevin - Paso Doble to "Les Toreadors" (from week 8)

Have a great final, everyone!

Thank you for this thread, the excitement is building now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Still think the BBC should have scheduled a 7pm start...I will also be giving the forum a miss tonight....well at least while the show is on...Sick of the negativity.:(...however if a thread for positive / supportive only comments appears I might join in the online fun....Fingers crossed for Abbey/Sophie but what I really want is for all the contestants to have clean routines without any final night disasters
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still think the BBC should have scheduled a 7pm start...I will also be giving the forum a miss tonight....well at least while the show is on...Sick of the negativity.:(...however if a thread for positive / supportive only comments appears I might join in the online fun....Fingers crossed for Abbey/Sophie but what I really want is for all the contestants to have clean routines without any final night disasters

Yes that would be my winning vote too. I just want them to go out and have as much fun as they have given us. They all deserve it.

ETA: Ooh must ask though, why would you want a 7pm start?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes that would be my winning vote too. I just want them to go out and have as much fun as they have given us. They all deserve it.

The 7pm start had more to with ratings....I'am personally not bothered about them but I would imagine the BBC big wigs are...I would have thought a slightly later start= better ratings

Re negativity.....not bothered when someone says...Oh...I did't like that routine....or it looked a bit messy...or not my cup of tea...It's the cutting personal comments and constant sniping...as well as the conspiracy theories which pop up to account for someone's popularity...or lack of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What time does it start ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »

6.30pm
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's in the thread title Terry:D
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the thread. I too am thinking of not reading it at the same time as the show is on, for the same reasons as others have already said. It might be interesting to view it through nobody's eyes but my own, and then look in here to see how that view differs :)
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the thread. I too am thinking of not reading it at the same time as the show is on, for the same reasons as others have already said. It might be interesting to view it through nobody's eyes but my own, and then look in here to see how that view differs :)

I feel the same, unless something controversial happens then I'll want to know what others think about it.

Excited and sad that it's nearly all over. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    I feel the same, unless something controversial happens then I'll want to know what others think about it.

It is very sad Sandra, its all gone so quickly.
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Sandra Bee wrote: »

I have wondered about keeping the thread open and just refreshing to the last page if there is anything that I really really want to read posts about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have wondered about keeping the thread open and just refreshing to the last page if there is anything that I really really want to read posts about.

That's been kind of my habit, but then I read Monkseal's blog during the week and realise I miss all the goings on in the Tessanine as I was busy here reading people's reactions to the dances.

Last week I was out so watched the show on iplayer. It was great being able to pause and read the thread without missing a thing, so I think I will watch tonight and then read the thread tomorrow while I have a second viewing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a random curiosity, but what's been the most adverse reaction to a judges' score? I was thinking it was Craig giving Matt Baker a 7 for his showdance but I just checked that on YouTube and that boo sounds like it's probably been beaten.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    OMG, can't wait to see who Abbey is wearing tonight.

You go girl!

#teamabbey #teamaliaz #ateam
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel weird :blush::blush: I feel a bit sad that the show is coming to an end :(; I really loved this serie:( ; that's what Im dreading the most...the serie being over, not finding out who is going to be the winner.

I hope everyone does well tonight and they all deserve to win imo. I would like to see Abbey in the 2nd show though..that's all I want lol and possibly win of course.
    We are not even going to find out who came 2nd or 3rd (which is frustrating and maybe probably for the best ).

I would like to see Abbey or Sophie win though (especially Abbey) but I will be happy for Kevanna if the bookies are right.

Lets hope we have an amazing show tonight.

Question: When the 1st show is over, how long do we have to vote to eliminate the 4th contestant :confused:
  • Options
    brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wishing everyone an enjoyable Final tonight - i would love Sophie and Brendan to lift the glitterball but i wish all the couples the best of luck for a great night:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Question: When the 1st show is over, how long do we have to vote to eliminate the 4th contestant :confused:

The voting lines will be "frozen" at some point between shows that will be specified on the show itself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »

You go girl!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/posts/Grand-Final-2013-Dress-Rehearsal
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hope it is a great night and whoever is your fave - wins :))

I have been getting wound up today by one of our dance teachers who told me her BF was on the show tonight (Richard from Richard and Adam) so thought I would get good gossip but he was only down at Radio 1 with Graham Norton
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »

You go girl!

Who? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    The voting lines will be "frozen" at some point between shows that will be specified on the show itself.

thanks.