Buying a wireless HD Box second hand. Good prices?

JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
Forum Member
Just curious really. If you bought a HD Wireless box how much is a good price roughly to pay? Just wondering as I was browsing Gumtree yesterday and managed to bag a DRX-890W for 40 quid (Not sure if that's OK or not)?

Comments

• kr1s69kr1s69 Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Just curious really. If you bought a HD Wireless box how much is a good price roughly to pay? Just wondering as I was browsing Gumtree yesterday and managed to bag a DRX-890W for 40 quid (Not sure if that's OK or not)?

I think £25 for a DRX-890 would be a good price, so 15 extra for the wireless version is a bargain given you know it's nearly new.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    kr1s69 wrote: »
    I think £25 for a DRX-890 would be a good price, so 15 extra for the wireless version is a bargain given you know it's nearly new.

The even better thing was it came with original box/packaging too which was a nice result
    Forum Member
    Now I have to really ask. Doing my rummaging on gumtree again lol and guess what i've been offered? A 2TB Wireless for 70!
  • drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a good price, I paid around that each for both my non-WiFi 2TB DRX895-C boxes a few months ago.
    Forum Member
    I going to have to take it. God Can't believe how lucky I been this week ;)
  • Sean_CampbellSean_Campbell Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I work for sky.... Seen a deal today if you dont have multiroom you get a free sky + HD W box if you pay £60 installation fee, Hope that helps!
    Forum Member
    I work for sky.... Seen a deal today if you dont have multiroom you get a free sky + HD W box if you pay £60 installation fee, Hope that helps!

Already got multiroom so that rules that option out right there ;-)
  • drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Already got multiroom so that rules that option out right there ;-)

Yep me too, they wanted £149 for the first 2TB box as an upgrade from a Pace HD and I have been on the top package and multiroom since joining years ago.

So no they don't value current customers and never have.
  • crazymanccrazymanc Posts: 347
    Forum Member

Hardly Free if you have to pay £60 install fee sky yet again thinking they are giving people good deals because they use the word FREE in there adverts >:(
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazymanc wrote: »
    Hardly Free if you have to pay £60 install fee sky yet again thinking they are giving people good deals because they use the word FREE in there adverts >:(

The box is free, install is £60, totally different.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    We'll the new EPG has slowed my Pace box down to the point it's giving me headache.

So want to get a new sky box.

Do these new sky boxes kick out less heat than the Pace box for example. Have noticed my Pace box gets quiet warm. So warm I have burn marks on my viewing card :confused:
  • BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    We'll the new EPG has slowed my Pace box down to the point it's giving me headache.

So want to get a new sky box.

Do these new sky boxes kick out less heat than the Pace box for example. Have noticed my Pace box gets quiet warm. So warm I have burn marks on my viewing card :confused:

You've got a PVR4. And they are close to useless.
  • BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drabble wrote: »
    Yep me too, they wanted £149 for the first 2TB box as an upgrade from a Pace HD and I have been on the top package and multiroom since joining years ago.

So no they don't value current customers and never have.

Funny you say that really. Surely a company with over 11 million customers DOES VALUE them otherwise they wouldn't have such a huge customer base. It's not a charity after all.
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The box is free, install is £60, totally different.

Can I just get the box for free and self install then?
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Batch wrote: »
    Can I just get the box for free and self install then?

Existing customers with wiring in place can sometimes order a box for self install, then a delivery charge is payable, all depends on offers and customers personal circumstances.

I got a free box with free install, and half price multiscreen for 12 months, so deals are out there.