Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What knockers.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    SC000BY wrote: »
    Just heard the news, very sad.

Best ever Willy Wonka!

Im suprised they didnt put Willy Wonka on today given its a bank holiday.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terribly sad.

He always came across as a humble man despite the fact that he oozed talent.

A true comedy genius, superb actor and irreplaceable. The person behind loads of my favourite movies of all time.

RIP
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just hearing this so sad, just adding to a horrible year of huge star deaths :( RiP

See No Evil, Hear No Evil was my favorite movie starring him.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant actor, loved him in Stir Crazy & See no evil hear no evil, not to mention Blazing Saddles. The world has lost a great talent. RIP :(
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Tassium wrote: »
    What knockers.
    My favourite quote in all of cinema.

RIP, Gene.
  • Lee_Smith2Lee_Smith2 Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of timing and natural talent one of the best comedy actors I've seen on film or television.
  • ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite Gene Wilder moments;

- locking himself in with The Monster in Young Frankenstein and, then pleading like a baby to be let out.

- holding up the villainess in See No Evil, Hear No Evil, with his erection..

- and pretty much every scene in Blazing Saddles he was in
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man was just naturally funny, he didn't need to say anything. A great actor as well, one of those talents we never saw fully. Him and Pryor were classic :D
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID1mST8AzGo

Finally I have a reason to post this!

Funniest thing in movies EVER!

RIP Herr Doctor
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He must hold some sort of record for starring in the most greatest comedy films of all time than any other actor. (Apart from Woody Allen)

Young Frankenstein
    Blazing Saddles
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    The Producers

Plus his films with Richard Pryor
    Stir Crazy
    Silver Streak
    See no Evil, Hear no Evil (May not be great, but still an enjoyable film)

I think he may have been my favourite comedy actor. Just pure class.

I'm sure that there must be others. In fact if anyone can recommend any Gene Wilder films for me to watch that I may not have seen feel free to let me know.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news.

His defining moment for me will always be Leo Bloom in The Producers, loved him in that.

His actual movie debut was a small role in Bonnie and Clyde.

Of course Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, and Everything you always wanted to know about sex... were classics.

I was never a big fan of his collaborations with Richard Pryor - individually they were brilliant but I found their movies over-indulgent and prone to mugging and too much slapstick.

His later output was variable perhaps, but he left us with some classic roles.

R.I.P.
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Brilliant actor, loved him in Stir Crazy & See no evil hear no evil, not to mention Blazing Saddles. The world has lost a great talent. RIP :(

He was good in Bonnie and Clyde too, don't forget.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He must hold some sort of record for starring in the most greatest comedy films of all time than any other actor. (Apart from Woody Allen)

Young Frankenstein
    Blazing Saddles
    The Producers

Stir Crazy
    Silver Streak

I'm sure that there must be others. In fact if anyone can recommend any Gene Wilder films for me to watch that I may not have seen feel free to let me know.

The Frisco Kid?
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching see no evil, here no evil....

There is great pleasure in watching the realtionship between wilder and Pryor's characters.

Its as if they really loved being in each others company.
  • Decepticons1Decepticons1 Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Was shocked when my wife told, I should be shot for thinking the man was already dead. I remember watching The Worlds Greatest Lover as a kid and laughing my ass off, especially to one scene which I would rewind numerous times with the VCR, many thanks for the laughs Gene, R.I.P.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Young Frankenstein
    Blazing Saddles
    The Producers

Stir Crazy
    Silver Streak

Check out Woody Allen's Everything you always wanted to know about sex...some of it is a bit juvenile by todays standards, but the Wilder sequence where he plays a psychiatrist treating a man in love with his sheep is actually a very good performance by him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    The Frisco Kid?

Thanks, I'll have to watch that sometime.

I also remember Gene Wilder in a very good scene from the Woody Allen film 'Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex But Were Afraid to Ask'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Check out Woody Allen's Everything you always wanted to know about sex...some of it is a bit juvenile by todays standards, but the Wilder sequence where he plays a psychiatrist treating a man in love with his sheep is actually a very good performance by him.

Just got to your post, and coincidentally mentioned that scene in my post above.
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourite actors!...loved him in Stir Crazy, Silver Streak (my favourite )and of course Blazing Saddles ! sadly missed !