You win the lottery, so what is the first thing you buy?

Comments

• THRTHR Posts: 9,808
    Forum Member
    I don't know what I would buy first but as soon as those millions of pounds would be in my account I'd quit my job. In a polite way and I'd work my two week notice.

I'd would tel everyone that I have got another job somewhere else because I'd make sure that my lottery-win would remain a secret.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    A nice detached house, nothing excessive, and then an Aston Martin DB9.
  • MagnamundianMagnamundian Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THR wrote: »
    I don't know what I would buy first but as soon as those millions of pounds would be in my account I'd quit my job. In a polite way and I'd work my two week notice.

I'd would tel everyone that I have got another job somewhere else because I'd make sure that my lottery-win would remain a secret.

Yeah I think I'd do the same, I'd also set up an investment account for the main bulk of the win that 'pays' a wage into my normal account on a monthly or weekly basis and tell people I had a new job but was working from home.

Strangely I wouldn't want the 'millionaire' lifestyle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    I'd buy a woman
  • KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bag of chips.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    A Gucci Mink bedspread

PETA can go & shite i'm having one
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    a kilo of weed.
  • CigaristCigarist Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    probability of winning the jackpot is WORSE than getting struck by lightning TWICE.:D
  • speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ticket on Virgin Galactica
  • Lunatic DreyfusLunatic Dreyfus Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I'd get a bespoke suit made, then go on the ultimate indulgent spending spree. It would be good. :D
    I'd buy a woman

Only one..!?

To be honest I don't think you'd actually have to buy one. Women can smell money at a thousand paces. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree they'd come running with their t*ts hanging out the minute they knew you'd won a large amount on the lottery.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    I'd talk for ages with b/f about how best to invest or deal with the money

I'd pay for my parents to have a luxury holiday and I'd pay out for mum to re-decorate the the house as she wanted.

I'd set up several schemes whereby interest (i'd be lucky these days!) off the lump-sum would be ploughed straight into the 6 charities I support.

Substantial annual donations also to the National Eisteddfod of Wales, Society for Welsh Education in Patagonia, and Plaid Cymru.

Me and b/f would also buy a house obviously - one exactly as we wanted with a nice garden - both herbaceous and vegetable.

I wouldn't quit my job - I love it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd buy a woman
    Only one..!?

To be honest I don't think you'd actually have to buy one. Women can smell money at a thousand paces. :D
    Perhaps they mean a blow-up woman, but they didn't like to say. Maybe they'll go so far as to get one for every day of the week. :D
  • Lego PigLego Pig Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With lottery money you could go all out and buy one of those delux 'Real Dolls'.
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lego Pig wrote: »
    With lottery money you could go all out and buy one of those delux 'Real Dolls'.

women... I think they're called women :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,336
    Forum Member
    Lego Pig wrote: »

Designed for men who can't cope with the real thing:p

I'd fly over to NY with my mum for a long weekend of splurging
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Id buy some booze an have a party, then have a good long think about what i was gonna do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    UKMikey wrote: »
    A twenty pack of Marlboro Lights. :D

Ditto. Or maybe reds as I reckon I'd probably be feeling a bit shocked haha
  • diddygirldiddygirl Posts: 4,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digital Spy and perma ban anyone who posts endless news links and has a sense of humour by pass.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd pay off all my debts first - then have a long think about what to do with the rest
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Champagne, a chauffeur driven Bentley to take me to Bond Street and flights to somewhere hot!! :p
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd find the best breast surgeon in the world and have my boobs reduced. I'd then have a bit of lipo on my baby belly to get rid of the remaining flubber.

Then after I'd paid off my children's university debts it would be holiday time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Perhaps they mean a blow-up woman, but they didn't like to say. Maybe they'll go so far as to get one for every day of the week. :D

Okay maybe not just one, maybe 14, 2 weeks worth for painters in weeks, dont want to miss out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay maybe not just one, maybe 14, 2 weeks worth for painters in weeks, dont want to miss out
    The man who thinks of everything, including stuff he really shouldn't. :D