HO: Ravinder Roy - What's happening?

BedfordSpur1975BedfordSpur1975 Posts: 182
Forum Member
A few episodes ago, Dom advised Anita that Ravinder had been hospitalised as a result of his ongoing illness.

I know HO has been fast paced recently, with the deaths of Steph and Malachy, Jasmine's cross gender, Amy Barnes' exit, Brendan, Ste and Macca triangle, Warren and Mandy's recent plots and Duncan's sex wee's ;-)

Why have we not seen any scenes with Ravinder and Anita in the hospital, I know the character is due to leave in the near future. Does anyone get the impression he will die off screen.

I have to say, I am really enjoying HO at the moment, Emmerdale has been neglected as a result as HO first view on E4 has been taking precedence over the last few weeks.

Your views would be appreciated :)

Comments

• ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Quite a few scenes seem to have been deleted to include Warren's return.
    This has led to confusion in a few storylines - including the Sharp's Dad saga and Anita and Ravi story. It's not the best thing HO bosses have done...

BTW...when did we start calling him Ravinder? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ravinder? Hahaha! :D
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I understand the buzz surrounding Hollyoaks at the moment, I can't help feeling a little confused by it all. Chunks of storylines are being cut, exits have been rushed, characters disappear and reappear weeks apart...although it can be pretty exciting at times, it does seem like a right mess at the moment. It is as though someone at Channel 4 has been playing tricks and playing the episodes out of order. It's been a very odd experience watching Hollyoaks this past month.
  • surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    He will be always Ravi the Plank to me :p
  • lmcd08lmcd08 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surfie wrote: »
    He will be always Ravi the Plank to me :p

aww a love ravi ahah plank or not :P
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    A few episodes ago, Dom advised Anita that Ravinder had been hospitalised as a result of his ongoing illness. I know HO has been fast paced recently, with the deaths of Steph and Malachy, Jasmine's cross gender, Amy Barnes' exit, Brendan, Ste and Macca triangle, Warren and Mandy's recent plots and Duncan's sex wee's ;-)

Why have we not seen any scenes with Ravinder and Anita in the hospital, I know the character is due to leave in the near future. Does anyone get the impression he will die off screen.

I have to say, I am really enjoying HO at the moment, Emmerdale has been neglected as a result as HO first view on E4 has been taking precedence over the last few weeks.

Your views would be appreciated :)

Its still the same day tho even though its being a week of episodes?
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    Quite a few scenes seem to have been deleted to include Warren's return.
    This has led to confusion in a few storylines - including the Sharp's Dad saga and Anita and Ravi story. It's not the best thing HO bosses have done...

BTW...when did we start calling him Ravinder? :confused:

Its shocking how they dident even show the reveal about the Sharps dad having another family after a okish build up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I understand the buzz surrounding Hollyoaks at the moment, I can't help feeling a little confused by it all. Chunks of storylines are being cut, exits have been rushed, characters disappear and reappear weeks apart...although it can be pretty exciting at times, it does seem like a right mess at the moment. It is as though someone at Channel 4 has been playing tricks and playing the episodes out of order. It's been a very odd experience watching Hollyoaks this past month.

It is strange. It's like, the majority of the content is great at the moment, but it's really poorly edited and paced. All the mixed up spoilers as well are making it even more peculiar.:confused:
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    Its shocking how they dident even show the reveal about the Sharps dad having another family after a okish build up.

I would hope it's because they realise that the storyline is uninteresting and the acting bad!

Scenes have been shifted around this fortnight so the Ravi stuff will be this week. But I can't say Ravi's health interests me, unless he dies, then I'll be pleased :D.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope we see him soon - it seems a bit weird not knowing much at the moment
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    I think he just moves Hospitals like Charlotte and Amy.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member

This is exactly it. There's some great material going on, but the re-edited storylining since fire week is a total mess. I need to start to see my way through it soon. But I'm hanging on in there, because I think the show might be better when it gets straight.

Speculation going on (by me! :D:o) on the general HO thread that Warren's return has led to a complete rethink of most of the post-fire storylining. Including, possibly, the culprit for the fire.

I really hope the HO producers have been reading these threads, because they've stretched the recent goodwill to breaking point. Did they really think we wouldn't notice??

As for Ravi, I'm really not bothered, never have been. But yeah, it would have been better if his exit had been dealth with properly, in sequence, like everything else! I think his scenes are next week now. Bye Rav!
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had forgotten about Ravi until Dom said about it. I hope we see him again before he goes
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not even as if the return of some gurning panto thug is worth all the messing around.

It seems like they got Warren and Mandy quite last minute which is why they had to drop already filmed storylines. It's a shame, because I'd prefer to see the actual storylines than some more heavy breathing in the park from Warren.
  • BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for new and exciting storylines, but not if they're gonna cut others to the point you wonder what the heck is going on.

I didn't understand Elliot's exit at all really, it made no sense he would randomly get a letter from Nasa about a planet he discovered we'd not even heard about til his exit!

Plus if they are planning to kill off Ravi, at let us see him one more time. Granted he's never been a firm favourite, but all this randomness about Ravi in a ditch...

Then, did we even see Kevin exit at all. Originally we were meant to see a big expose about why he acts like an alien, but that didn't happen did it?

I really hope they improve soon, cause as much as I love Mandy, I don't see why all this couldn't have waited until AFTER the fire/exits were over. We were in no rush.
    Forum Member
    BigDuck wrote: »
    I'm all for new and exciting storylines, but not if they're gonna cut others to the point you wonder what the heck is going on.

I didn't understand Elliot's exit at all really, it made no sense he would randomly get a letter from Nasa about a planet he discovered we'd not even heard about til his exit!

Plus if they are planning to kill off Ravi, at let us see him one more time. Granted he's never been a firm favourite, but all this randomness about Ravi in a ditch...

Then, did we even see Kevin exit at all. Originally we were meant to see a big expose about why he acts like an alien, but that didn't happen did it?

I really hope they improve soon, cause as much as I love Mandy, I don't see why all this couldn't have waited until AFTER the fire/exits were over. We were in no rush.

Elliott - I think we're meant to think Kevin wrote to Nasa about his 'own' planet, and credited Elliott with the discovery. Nope, it made no sense, and scenes were definitely missing in which Ellliott maybe confronted him about his life. I don't remember seeing Kev actually go. Terrible ending for both.

Ravi in a ditch actually makes me laugh. Sorry, I'm heartless.

And I think Mandy was back before the fire for a very particular reason. But it has made pretty much a mockery of everything that had been building before. Think Warren and Mandy being written back in at very short notice, at the cost to the rest of the show, might very well go down as one of the dodgiest soap decisions ever. Unless they pull something spectacular out of the bag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's checked in to acting school.
  • BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elliott - I think we're meant to think Kevin wrote to Nasa about his 'own' planet, and credited Elliott with the discovery. Nope, it made no sense, and scenes were definitely missing in which Ellliott maybe confronted him about his life. I don't remember seeing Kev actually go. Terrible ending for both.

Ravi in a ditch actually makes me laugh. Sorry, I'm heartless.

And I think Mandy was back before the fire for a very particular reason. But it has made pretty much a mockery of everything that had been building before. Think Warren and Mandy being written back in at very short notice, at the cost to the rest of the show, might very well go down as one of the dodgiest soap decisions ever. Unless they pull something spectacular out of the bag.

I believe we were supposed to see a scene where Eliott discovers a new planet and also discovers Kevin's real secret, about him being abandoned.

As for Mandy, I can't think of anything that spectacular that couldn't have waited until these other stories were wrapped up, it's quite insulting to the viewers.
    Forum Member
    BigDuck wrote: »
    I believe we were supposed to see a scene where Eliott discovers a new planet and also discovers Kevin's real secret, about him being abandoned.

As for Mandy, I can't think of anything that spectacular that couldn't have waited until these other stories were wrapped up, it's quite insulting to the viewers.

Unless they wanted to imply that Mandy might be a suspect for the fire? That's how i read it.
  • AshFanAshFan Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah I remember seeing Elliot get some letter and then go off. I wondered where he went lol. I didn't even see Kevin go. Tbh tho I found them pretty dull characters, and they did something similar with jake and zak. I suppose they should give them better exits really considering some of the actors have been in the show a while. But tbh I didn't like any of the characters much apart from Kris and sometimes jake, so I suppose if they were given a huge story where they died or something would be wasted on them due to useless acting. Mal and Steph were the big leavers and were given stories to reflect that I think.
  • joolzjoolz Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AshFan wrote: »
    Oh yeah I remember seeing Elliot get some letter and then go off. I wondered where he went lol. I didn't even see Kevin go. Tbh tho I found them pretty dull characters, and they did something similar with jake and zak. I suppose they should give them better exits really considering some of the actors have been in the show a while. But tbh I didn't like any of the characters much apart from Kris and sometimes jake, so I suppose if they were given a huge story where they died or something would be wasted on them due to useless acting. Mal and Steph were the big leavers and were given stories to reflect that I think.

Both Elliott and Kevin were actually played by decent actors, I don't think there was really much point in bringing Kevin in as the character was never developed and they really weren't writing anything good for Elliott so I suppose that's why he went. However none of that was to due with the quality of the acting, more the storylining and writing
  • surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    joolz wrote: »
    Both Elliott and Kevin were actually played by decent actors, I don't think there was really much point in bringing Kevin in as the character was never developed and they really weren't writing anything good for Elliott so I suppose that's why he went. However none of that was to due with the quality of the acting, more the storylining and writing

Elliot, like Dom were let down by the writers who failed to develope their characters. They were both funny, but just needed more scope to make them more popular.

Kevin I felt was always doomed given the inital reaction to him being billed as an "alien".