Gamu more of an irritant than Weasel

Comments

• cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In general I'm not easily annoyed by anyone on the X factor. This year I only found Matt mildly annoying and I think that was because I don't like his voice (at all) and everyone was raving about him. I suppose if you didn't like Gamu that much, you won't have understood why people were going on about her.

Well, quite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    You guys are soooooo full of it.

Enjoy your bitchfest, sad people.

This.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    I wonder if some people practise being nasty or it just come natuaral. A young Girl who wants to get on in life what is wrong with that.

it's because this is a veiled racism thread
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Gamu was really talented. I went back and rewatched her boot camp audition the other day and it was more amazing then I remembered. So I will have to respectfully disagree with you guys :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We'll never know, for this year at least but it is difficult to conceive anyone being more irritating than Whacko this year. Praise be she was finally given the heave-ho before she could murder Desperado.
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to agree with you OP. I found her false modesty looks a bit cringey and the old chestnut, 'I'm doing it for my mum'... rubbish . I wish people wouldn't say they're doing it for their mum or grandpa or dog becuase we all know they';re doing it for themselves.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radiofan wrote: »

What an absolute load of crap and typical of this forum where some people see racism in every tiny bloody comment.

I don't get the Gamu love and never have done. I watched her audition and found her annoying and not really that good. However, I am 40 years old and have been into soul and r&b music since I was 11 years old. If you searched through my music collection, you would find that at least 90% of it was black artists.

It is possible to be a black music fan and yet find an individual artist irritating. I have never liked James Brown for example, does that make me a rascist?

Why can't *some* people on the website just accept people like different thing without there always having to be some sinister, underlying reason FGS?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    And the flower? Everyone knows people who have flowers in their hair are hippies.

I think you've got them confused with punk rockers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    What an absolute load of crap and typical of this forum where some people see racism in every tiny bloody comment.

I don't get the Gamu love and never have done. I watched her audition and found her annoying and not really that good. However, I am 40 years old and have been into soul and r&b music since I was 11 years old. If you searched through my music collection, you would find that at least 90% of it was black artists.

It is possible to be a black music fan and yet find an individual artist irritating. I have never liked James Brown for example, does that make me a rascist?

Why can't *some* people on the website just accept people like different thing without there always having to be some sinister, underlying reason FGS?

it's because you have no idea what veiled racism is and assume what i was saying is a race card issue. Once you understand what i was posting , i'll be happy to have a conversation with you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    The most irritating thing she did in her audition was playing the "I've put my own twist on it" card (so let's end the discussions about race cards etc.). Obviously the early favourites of the producers were being coached into doing that.

On that evidence, would she have been any less irritating than Cher?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her, until she didn't get through. There was something that annoyed me about the way that her mouth kinda just dropped open a little. Everyone else (exept Treyc actually) was sorta expecting to go home. but thats just how I remember it so I could be wrong? And somebody else said they liked Keri better, I agree. she was cute :D
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was quite good but I think this was mainly in comparison with the other auditions we saw in the early programmes. The only two who really blew me away were Matt and Liam. Matt, of course, went on to win and Liam didn't come close to the potential he showed in those first auditions once he got Biebered into Wand Erection.

Although Gamu should have gone through ahead of Katie, so should any number of other girls. I can see how she might have irritated some people as her performances were a little affected but I wish we'd had the chance to see how she developed in the live shows as she definitely had something about her.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe with some but race doesn't need to be behind the attacks on acts generally. I did spot a bit of unveiled racism by a poster who hated Cher (and stated it explicitly) and it was clear that is was because she was white, which has a certain irony considering that there was an element of the attacks on Cher that were to do with her roots and not mainstream white
    ardwark wrote:
    We'll never know, for this year at least but it is difficult to conceive anyone being more irritating than Whacko this year. Praise be she was finally given the heave-ho before she could murder Desperado.
    You loved Katie - go on admit it :)
    Got to agree with you OP. I found her false modesty looks a bit cringey and the old chestnut, 'I'm doing it for my mum'... rubbish . I wish people wouldn't say they're doing it for their mum or grandpa or dog becuase we all know they';re doing it for themselves.

I think that most of that is down to the production team. They try to bring that out in people and it probably influences who they put through, I don't blame the acts for obliging.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind Katie, I found Gamu (ok, from what little we saw of her) to be vastly over-hyped. I just cannot see what on earth the fuss is over her. And yes, there was something really, really irritating about her. However, that may all have changed if she'd got to the live shows.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's because you have no idea what veiled racism is and assume what i was saying is a race card issue. Once you understand what i was posting , i'll be happy to have a conversation with you
    Perhaps you could explain it to me because I really don't get it. There were plenty of anti Katie and Cher threads but no one was claiming it was racism. I honestly don't get how some people who find Gamu more irritating than Katie is veiled racism :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you could explain it to me because I really don't get it. There were plenty of anti Katie and Cher threads but no one was claiming it was racism. I honestly don't get how some people who find Gamu more irritating than Katie is veiled racism :confused:

it figures you don't get it, but there were veiled racist threads about katie as well if you'd bothered to check
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it figures you don't get it, but there were veiled racist threads about katie as well if you'd bothered to check
    How can I check for veiled racist threads when I don't know what you're talking about and you won't explain? Seriously, is this a wind up?
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How people can say there was nothing special about her when two of the three judges picked her as the winner is beyond me.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked her, until she didn't get through. There was something that annoyed me about the way that her mouth kinda just dropped open a little. Everyone else (exept Treyc actually) was sorta expecting to go home. but thats just how I remember it so I could be wrong? And somebody else said they liked Keri better, I agree. she was cute :D

I agree with this. I liked Gamu, but went off her a bit when she didn't get through. She clearly thought there wasn't a chance she'd get turned down and was just waiting for Cheryl to tell her that she was through.

The whole expression on her face was "Are you kidding me? You're turning ME away?" It was seriously arrogant.

However, I won't go so far as to say she's an arrogant person in general. She may have just gotten really overconfident and full of herself due to some of the reactions she got. She may learn from that experience and be a bit more humble in future.
  • bunnyintheboxbunnyinthebox Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZipGypsy wrote: »
    I just cannot see what on earth the fuss is over her. And yes, there was something really, really irritating about her. However, that may all have changed if she'd got to the live shows.

I can see how some people might find her irritating, but I find it hard to beleive that anyone cannot see 'on earth what all the fuss is about', but hey, your entitled to your opinion.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    I agree with this. I liked Gamu, but went off her a bit when she didn't get through. She clearly thought there wasn't a chance she'd get turned down and was just waiting for Cheryl to tell her that she was through.

The whole expression on her face was "Are you kidding me? You're turning ME away?" It was seriously arrogant.

However, I won't go so far as to say she's an arrogant person in general. She may have just gotten really overconfident and full of herself due to some of the reactions she got. She may learn from that experience and be a bit more humble in future.

Well TBF, she had received great feedback from the judges at bootcamp and was considered to be one of the best singers. I think she was entitled to be a bit gobsmacked that she didn't get through. (I know I was:eek:).
  • ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In her VT before her audition:

"I want people to think.. oh the girl with the flower in her hair, she was great!"

Not arrogant at all then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can I check for veiled racist threads when I don't know what you're talking about and you won't explain? Seriously, is this a wind up?

for gods sake what do you think veiled racism means, read this entire thread and and work it out. i think your winding me up
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    She's definately much harder to get rid of than Katie, that's for sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    for gods sake what do you think veiled racism means, read this entire thread and and work it out. i think your winding me up
    No I'm not. There has been no racism on this thread that I can see so I don't know what you're getting at. I'm not winding you up, I'm asking you to point it out because you are so sure it exists.