Options

I don't believe Katona is clean

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    I think she is clean but even if she is, she has being mixing drugs, alcohol and strong bi-polar meds for the last ten years and it's going to take a lot longer than 6 months to undo the damage, both physically and mentally. She has also had a lot of emotional problems. I'm not defending her in the slightest but my flatmate and I were talking about this very same thing today. Her speech sounds slurred or stunted and it's like she's trying to find the words in her head.

I doubt she'd be able to hide drug use from Claire, as Claire pays for her rent and kids school fees and I'm sure Kerry gets a very strict allowance. All her celeb fees probably go straight to Can so they can start recouping costs and I don't think Kerry has any friends left who would fund her habit on the sly. Claire has made such a public issue about Kerry being clean that it would be PR suicide to knowingly cover up drug use on Kerry's part.

Ahhhh the voice of reason :)

She's still in recovery mode. Like you said, it takes a lot longer than 6 months to recover mentally & physically. I actually quite like the girl & think that rotter of an ex-husband (well, nearly ex) did a right number on her. I honestly hope she can pull her life together because from what i've seen, she looks like quite a nice girl deep down. She's just had a right loser take full advantage of her when she was vulnerable. Not the sharpest tool in the shed (which she openly admits) but I reckon there's a good person in her.

I do love it on her new show where her little kid goes "I don't fink so".. it's soooo cute!!!
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares?
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lass_In_Oz wrote: »
    Ahhhh the voice of reason :)

She's still in recovery mode. Like you said, it takes a lot longer than 6 months to recover mentally & physically. I actually quite like the girl & think that rotter of an ex-husband (well, nearly ex) did a right number on her. I honestly hope she can pull her life together because from what i've seen, she looks like quite a nice girl deep down. She's just had a right loser take full advantage of her when she was vulnerable. Not the sharpest tool in the shed (which she openly admits) but I reckon there's a good person in her.

I do love it on her new show where her little kid goes "I don't fink so".. it's soooo cute!!!
    Oooh Lass-in-Oz I'm glad someone else likes her too.I agree with all you've said. I do hope she is clean.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's getting there. But the majority of self-righteous critics won't give her the chance.

Everybody else is seemingly perfect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a hater of Katona, in fact I've staunchly defended her on many threads, especially now she's ditched Mark.

BUT I'm far from convinced she isn't using coke / mdma powder or some form of drug. On her latest show she's constantly sniffing and touching her nose, she's manic a lot of the time and then crashes down a bit NOT in the way someone with bipolar would, in the way someone who's using uppers would. Her mannerisms and facial twitches, slurring etc are very characteristic of someone using. The p*ss test doesn't mean a thing unless someone is standing over her whilst she urinates into the container, I'd like to see her take a hair strand test - which is the only reliable test given to addicts under supervision.

I never wanted to say this, I really wanted to believe she's clean but I honestly don't think she is. She reminds me of Daniella Westbrook all the times she claimed to be clean and wasn't and bizarrely has even started to look like her!

I also notice that Clare is very particular the way she phrases whenever she mentions Kerry being drug free she never says it in a way that could be a committed statement eminating from herself.

ITV2 insisted on advertising the damn show every 15 minutes, esp whilst I'm A Celeb was on, drove me crakers. :rolleyes::yawn: So I was unfortunate enough to catch some of it. In the parts I caught, she seemed lucid enough to me and as though she was making sense, even though she was highly irritating. And as for going through 10 million in 5 years, I've got no sympathy for her. And there's no point her saying the vile Croft was dealing with her finances. No, you keep an eye on your OWN finances. Stupid woman.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know sometimes you have to take off the cynical hat and give a person the benefit of doubt talentless or not. This shola person being referred to never heard of her guessing she was a singer in a group but that was also what shot kk to fame?

It takes a while for drugs to be out of the sytem and if its been used for so long some damage will have been done and affects will be left behind.

Yes chastise as much as you want but maybe this girl really is trying being out of the clutches of her mum and ex husband. Those children are a credit to her dont forget
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    You know sometimes you have to take off the cynical hat and give a person the benefit of doubt talentless or not. This shola person being referred to never heard of her guessing she was a singer in a group but that was also what shot kk to fame?

It takes a while for drugs to be out of the sytem and if its been used for so long some damage will have been done and affects will be left behind.

Yes chastise as much as you want but maybe this girl really is trying being out of the clutches of her mum and ex husband. Those children are a credit to her dont forget

They are a 100% credit to the nanny who in spite of the neglect from Katona, the cabbie and the absent father has been a godsend to them.

It does not bear thinking about had she not been there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't give the public and any other doubters the two finger salute and swore at them on her show this week :rolleyes:

Can't stand the woman and instead of trying to get back on side with the public at any opportunity she wants to concentrate on her poor kids. I've noticed she seems to p*ss off on holiday etc at every turn.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can seem content on trying to turn her into the nations sweetheart and blame everyone but herself. only one person is to blame for Kerrys downfall...and thats herself.

I so love watching Dancing on Ice but i now hear she's to take part in it :(:( hope shes the first to go.
  • Options
    nhodkin147nhodkin147 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's about damn time this pathetic excuse for a human being had her kids snatched away from her quicker than I can blink. Because I'll tell you what, they deserve better than her. They should've been taken into care a long time ago. And they would've been, if Social Services weren't such pathetic, useless imbeciles. This woman really gets up my nose. She's about as clean as a pile of dog s**t on the street. :mad::mad:

I also hear she "broke two ribs" during her Dancing on Ice training. This may go down like a lead balloon, but good. That's the best laugh I've had all week. :D

Rant over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    This shola person being referred to never heard of her guessing she was a singer in a group but that was also what shot kk to fame?

No, she was a solo singer who could actually really sing. KK might have found fame in a band but she left just before they became really famous and I'm sure most people had no idea who she was before IAC.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Well Kerry is making as much money as possible out of her drug addiction, her bi-polar problems, the headlines she gets from her constant trips to rehab now she is on Dancing on Ice and we hear she has broken ribs but is still in the show and says things, e.g."I am doing DoI for my kids"!, no she is doing DOI for the money!!! AND of course publicity. What exactly does Kerry DO? She does not sing, act or present TV shows but constantly talks about her private life and her many, many ,many problems!!! Is this entertainment?
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I think she's getting there. But the majority of self-righteous critics won't give her the chance.

Everybody else is seemingly perfect.

Oh come on!!!!!!!! I am far from perfect but Kerry has had so many chances, how often have we heard that she is "clean", she is in a better place, she will never make these mistakes again etc. It is all public relations from her Agent who wants the money she has invested in Kerry back!!!! Kerry spends her whole time saying everyone else is responsible for her problems, she lies, according to reports on this forum she has been seen drinking in pubs etc and just how many "second chances" can a person get. I was sympathetic to her when Brian left her, she seemed so vulnerable but now I am bored to death with her, Katie Price, Chantelle, etc etc.....No talent Z listers that do not want to leave the Gravy Train of easy showbusiness money. Kerrry wants a showbusiness career but has nothing to offer the public but stories of her car-crash live, drugs and alcohol!!!! Now she is even producting a DVD on fitness and dieting!!! Oh please!!
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she goes out in the early rounds of DOI but no doubt the Andrette Army will kepp her in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she goes out in the early rounds of DOI but no doubt the Andrette Army will kepp her in.

Apparently according to the Mirror in the first two weeks you can vote OUT the person who you don't want to see in the series.....so expect a media barage of sob stories from La Katona.....I will laugh if she is out first.

Also what is her tag line ie "Tana Ramsay - Cook book writer"

"Kerry Katona - it's never her fault!"
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    She's either still using or the drugs she did use have caused her damage. But I agree.. she is nothing like she used to be back in the jungle days... there is just something about her facial expressions that seems wrong to me.

It's the whole gurning thing and throwing her hands around a lot. If you've ever known anyone using stimulants for a long time, this is how they get but not when they're clean. It could be a habit but if so, it seems to be one that turns on and off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    She says....not any more. can bi-polar turn on and off?

As far as I know bipolar can be more triggered and active an illness when people are under duress. However, I don't think Katona is bipolar and she stated she doesn't believe she is, diagnosis for such things is hazy and anyway she denied using drugs when she was diagnosed so there was a false set of criteria applied to her.

Steven Fry was diagnosed bipolar, spend ages banging on about it and making documentaries and has now rejected that diagnosis. So I guess you can turn it on and off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    darling wrote: »
    She did seem a bit strange. Maybe it's booze? :confused:

That's a good point actually I wouldn't be surprised if she's just drinking. Having said that, I'm sure they wouldn't let her have alcohol in that boot camp fitness place she went to and she relapsed into a spate of slurring and gurning whilst she was in there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Buster65 wrote: »
    I watched the programme the other night when it was on and I found it hard to believe she's clean. It wasn't so much the nose touching it was more her speech. It sounds very slurred when she's talking at times, like she's been on the Stellas. I know the medication for bi-polar can be heavy duty but she should have settled on it enough now not to be speaking the way she does. The bathroom thing and her rambling when she came out was just bizarre. Surprised they even showed that if they want to maintain that she's cleaned up her act. She came across as slightly nuts.

That's what I thought. She's not on bipolar med or any meds any more though. She speaks exactly like someone I used to know who was a chronic coke head, that's what got me thinking she's still using.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Completely off topic op but I think your username is quite funny considering the title lol :D

:o I thought it was funny at the time but now I'm stuck with it as you can't change your name on DS. I've had a LOT of grief over this name.
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What makes you think this. Just because somebody likes Peter Andre doesnt mean they like KK as well
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o I thought it was funny at the time but now I'm stuck with it as you can't change your name on DS. I've had a LOT of grief over this name.
    Are you serious? It's just a user name :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am sure CAN will wheel out the team for support in the audience. With that lot they may find one the audience approves of. Ooh just thought publicity for all of them double whammy for CAN. I personally will give this year a miss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you serious? It's just a user name :eek:

Some people seem to think I'm promoting the use of hard drugs to gullible innocent young people who despite not knowing any dealers or how to cook their own meth will now go out and smoke til their teeth drop out :eek:

I spose it's my fault really :o
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people seem to think I'm promoting the use of hard drugs to gullible innocent young people who despite not knowing any dealers or how to cook their own meth will now go out and smoke til their teeth drop out :eek:

I spose it's my fault really :o
    I really do fear for the sanity of anyone who thinks that a username on an internet forum is going to set anyone on the path to hard drugs. Lol, just lol. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm just about to go light up my pipe :rolleyes: