Tracy Barlow's bail conditions???

wisdomiskeywisdomiskey Posts: 16
Forum Member
Have these been covered yet? given she is on a murder charge following a conviction its implausable for her to get released on bail anyway as she would have gone on remand however upon getting bail you have to be signed over to an address by the owner of the property.

Given neither Ken or Deirdre knew Tracy was returning who exactly signed ''rights'' to her? :confused: also who put up the bail money?

Comments

• Jason,Jason, Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    I think Corrie are just hoping viewers aren't clever enough to know these things. Her entire return has been a mess.
  • IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has been a bad mistake on Corrie`s part - they`ve just made up an implausible story without having done any research and expect the fans to swallow it. What`s even more implausible is that her family have swallowed it as well. It really makes a mockery of this soap - such a shame after all the good stuff during the 50th celebrations.
  • georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we're supposed to think about practical things like this. Unfortunately, some inconsistencies are harder to swallow than others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another boo boo on their part was Tracy came out of prison saying she had no money then in the next scene she`s been out buying stuff for the child. They really are slipping up big time at the moment,
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that Tracy broke out of prison and was only saying she was let out on bail to cover her tracks...

Mind, I did only hear this from my dad whose entertainment sources don't stretch past The Sun and, er, Teletext, but I figured that would be the obvious reason, that Tracy was lying? :confused: She couldn't be let out on bail anyway, could she? :confused:
  • dancingdemelzadancingdemelza Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did once write to the producers pointing out one of the many glaring factual discrepancies.The reply was that it was a drama, not a documentary and that it was necessary to simplify situations to keep the story moving.

So there you have it - we've got to stop spotting all that's ludicrous.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason, wrote: »
    I think Corrie are just hoping viewers aren't clever enough to know these things. Her entire return has been a mess.
    I don't think we're supposed to think about practical things like this. Unfortunately, some inconsistencies are harder to swallow than others.

I think that the producers of Coronation Street have been very busy with build up to the live episode in all fairness. I think that Tracy's return has been a bit of a rushed effort. I am not a legal expert but I am sure that there is a lot of criteria and legislation that has been over looked. Nevertheless, it could be that her release is some sort of double bluff by the producers in which they will see how the character and actress get on whilst she is back in the soap. Therefore, she has been let out via a mishap and will simply have to go back in again if they think it is not going well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did once write to the producers pointing out one of the many glaring factual discrepancies.The reply was that it was a drama, not a documentary and that it was necessary to simplify situations to keep the story moving.

So there you have it - we've got to stop spotting all that's ludicrous.

Yes, But, even drama has to be plausible when its supposed to be `life in the East End or life in a northern working class street`. After all, we`re not watching Harry Potter or the Wizard of Oz. Street drama is supposed to have some reality even though its dramatised. They palmed you off there.
  • dancingdemelzadancingdemelza Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Idacyder wrote: »
    They palmed you off there.

Of course they did. Producers and writers never admit that anything is wrong with what they do. It's a complete waste of time doing anything other than just pointing out that you've noticed - nothing will change whatever you do.
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    It's gonna get cold by the weekend again
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Another boo boo on their part was Tracy came out of prison saying she had no money then in the next scene she`s been out buying stuff for the child. They really are slipping up big time at the moment,

Wasn't Tracyluv left all of Blanche's money in her will?
  • zombie woofzombie woof Posts: 6,906
    Forum Member
    I heard that Tracy broke out of prison and was only saying she was let out on bail to cover her tracks...

Mind, I did only hear this from my dad whose entertainment sources don't stretch past The Sun and, er, Teletext, but I figured that would be the obvious reason, that Tracy was lying? :confused: She couldn't be let out on bail anyway, could she? :confused:
    If that was true, I'm pretty sure that cops first port of call would be Ken and Deirdre's.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

I find it hard to believe she escaped, then went back home, started insulting all the neighbours, stealing her daughter back and getting involved in brawls. Surely the first thing the police would do is go and see her parents to find out where she was?

We must assume she has been let out on bail - however implausible it sounds. DNA evidence can hardly get you off if everyone knows you did it.
  • tiggerspptiggerspp Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    If that was true, I'm pretty sure that cops first port of call would be Ken and Deirdre's.

Good point, you would never have thought it would you :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO, they could've avoided one of these things by having Ken know. They could say he had got a phonecall telling him all this stuff but was keeping it a surprise for Deirdre's christmas. It would've been weak and stupid, but a little more believable..
  • zombie woofzombie woof Posts: 6,906
    Forum Member
    tiggerspp wrote: »
    Good point, you would never have thought it would you :D:D
    Mind you, there are so many holes in this plot, maybe it's true. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she`s out on bail while a retrial is being considered, the least they`d do is tag her.
  • tiggerspptiggerspp Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    If she`s out on bail while a retrial is being considered, the least they`d do is gag her.

Edited for wishful thinking :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerspp wrote: »
    Edited for wishful thinking :D

:D Yep - that did raise a chuckle :D
  • Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she`s out on bail while a retrial is being considered, the least they`d do is tag her.
    Yeah, ridiculous bail story aside, at the very least she'd be on licence and wearing a tag.

As she was up on a murder charge and still isn't off the hook she would never have been released in the first place. They would release and rearrest her there and then, before putting her back on remand. They can't go letting murderers out even if they are awaiting retrial. It's unrealistic that Tracy even had bail in 2007 prior to her first trial. She lives on the street her crime happened surrounded by people who know about including key witnesses. That's another thing part of her bail conditions would be that she doesn't return to Coro St. as David and Claire will surely be called again as witnesses at the retrial.
  • Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe she escaped, then went back home, started insulting all the neighbours, stealing her daughter back and getting involved in brawls. Surely the first thing the police would do is go and see her parents to find out where she was?

We must assume she has been let out on bail - however implausible it sounds. DNA evidence can hardly get you off if everyone knows you did it.
    It would be all over the news if she'd escaped. It would have been all over the news that prisons had started letting murderers out too. So it's a miracle that neither Ken nor Dreary knew she was being let out!
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Yes I think we can all agree the whole thing is a load of tosh :D
  • IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She never said that she had no money - she has a large inheritance from Blanche that she has never had the opportunity to touch until now. What she said was that the shops were all shut because it was Christmas Eve.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Where did she stop off to buy those fishnet tights she was wearing...and the clothes she had on surely they dont sell those sorts of clothes in prison??

LaineyT
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Where did she stop off to buy those fishnet tights she was wearing...and the clothes she had on surely they dont sell those sorts of clothes in prison??

LaineyT

It was those shoes I noticed. They've only been popular for two seasons and she went in long before they were out.
    Maybe she got them from a catalogue or from a friend inside. Or maybe when they let her out she stopped off at a shoe shop.