Help please with Facebook groups.

Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
Forum Member
Didn't know where to post this so plumped for here....I'm sure it will be moved if not appropriate.

I am in a few groups on Facebook and when I post a song etc it shows up on my timeline so all my friends can see them! I don't want this to happen. How can I stop my posts to groups showing up on my timeline?.

I have had a look round and it says somewhere to click on your account button in the top right hand corner on FB but I haven't got one. On the far right at the top of the page is a drop down menu (not the 'snowflake' button.) which has 'settings' as one of the options and next to it is a 'lock' icon with privacy shortcuts at the top.

Is there a simple way to stop this happening?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure it is actually on your timeline and you aren't just seeing it in your newsfeed?

Are the groups you are posting to open or closed?
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you use desktop Facebook it gives you the option when you click on share to share only in a group.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Are you sure it is actually on your timeline and you aren't just seeing it in your newsfeed?

Good point, OP your post should show the group icon by the side instead of public or friends icons.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »

Are the groups you are posting to open or closed?
    I know they are on my timeline because my son said he liked the songs I was posting to different groups! That's how I realised they were on my timeline - I had suspected before then.

They are a mixture of open and closed groups ..perhaps the closed ones aren't showing up - hadn't thought to check.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    If you use desktop Facebook it gives you the option when you click on share to share only in a group.
    I always click onto it from 'most visited'