Options

Suarez ban has been upheld..

Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
Forum Member
Just heard this on the radio...

Luis Suarez bite: Ban upheld but striker allowed to train

A full explanation of the ruling will not be published until a later date.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28783667

Comments

• Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be quite embarrassing for his lawyer who was surprisingly confident before the hearing.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most surprising thing for me is the amount of people on social media that don't understand what 'upheld' means!.............
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ban from training was absurd and its only right that was removed.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to reports, friendly games do not fall under the ban and he can play in the Gamper Trophy on Monday.

His ban will expire on 24th October - first El Clasico in La Liga is on 25/26 October.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    According to reports, friendly games do not fall under the ban and he can play in the Gamper Trophy on Monday.

His ban will expire on 24th October - first El Clasico in La Liga is on 25/26 October.

Hmmm.... how convenient that is ;-)
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

Isn't it just.....
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member

Should make for a good game though. Hopefully we'll get this attack
    Neymar - Suarez - Messi
    Iniesta - Xavi

vs

Ronaldo - Benzema - Bale
    Rodriguez - Kroos

Mouthwatering :p
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I remember how both Cantona and Rio Ferdinand's long bans just by coincidence happened to end the day before Liverpool came to Old Trafford.;-)
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    The most surprising thing for me is the amount of people on social media that don't understand what 'upheld' means!.............

Well I'm ashamed it had me too and some lads at work lol
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember how both Cantona and Rio Ferdinand's long bans just by coincidence happened to end the day before Liverpool came to Old Trafford.;-)

I remember Rio eating a chocolate bar on the pitch in the middle of playing in that comeback game!
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    sensible decision. to be banned from training and friendlies was excessive IMO.

on the other hand, it is a bit of a shame the ban itself wasn't reduced, as I was quite looking forward to all the Barca-related conspiracy theories and subsequent scattergun Platini/UEFA/Blatter/FIFA accusations.
  • Options
    snukrsnukr Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cantona wouldn't have been able to play if Sky hadn't moved the game to Sunday. :mad:
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Pee wrote: »

on the other hand, it is a bit of a shame the ban itself wasn't reduced, as I was quite looking forward to all the Barca-related conspiracy theories and subsequent scattergun Platini/UEFA/Blatter/FIFA accusations.

You wanted something to go in Barcelona's favor? I'm shocked.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would have been among those claiming it was favouritism and anti-English bias. :)

I still think they hate us, but reducing the ban would have just been too blatant even for them. :p
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good.
    He's a pathetic excuse for a man.
    Biting, FFS!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad ut wasn't reduced. That would have told him what he did was ok when it wasn't. I still don't think he thinks he's done anything wrong. The apology he gave was for what happened which he says was an accident. Hopefully this ban will teach him a lesson.
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So it seems that Barcelona are losing their touch off the pitch as well as on it these days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member

Thats what I think, UEFA and FIFA aren't the best of mates lately after UEFA said they wouldn't back Blatter again. I reckon that had a TINY bit of bearing on the decision to uphold the ban and prevent Suarez playing in the UEFA's showpiece Champions League.