Options

Who will do better Ireland or the UK?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ireland. The rest of Europe hate this country more than any other, so Ireland will beat us eaisly.
  • Options
    EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ireland. The rest of Europe hate this country more than any other, so Ireland will beat us eaisly.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They hate us so much don't they? they must wear clothing with union jacks on, import our goods and buy music from are artists out of spite.
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    contejas wrote: »
    thms I can almost imagine you in a union jack suit, tie and hat...suits you sir...:D

that would be interesting.. :D

can imagine a few people in the politics forum paying good money to see me dressed up like that.. ;-)
  • Options
    10000maniacs10000maniacs Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The UK are the second highest winners of all time. If what you say is true, they how did this happen?
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ireland . The UK song is awful imo . The irish song is good just stripped back a piano and a great voice, more people seem to like it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    They hate us so much don't they? they must wear clothing with union jacks on, import our goods and buy music from are artists out of spite.

Well, they don't give us nil points out of love.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The UK are the second highest winners of all time. If what you say is true, they how did this happen?

I'd like to see some proof please because I don't believe that for one minute.
  • Options
    Patent PendingPatent Pending Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Damien. wrote: »
    The UK, simply because Ireland won't make the finals. Can't even remember how our song goes and Ive listened to it a few times.

"They go with beans, bangers, bacon, burgers, fish, fingers, fish fingers..."
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet we do better than people think. There might be an element of "Oh My God! They're going to get an EU Referendum! What if they leave? We won't be able to freely travel there! Let's vote for them! Might make them think we like them so they stay!"

After all, it is suggested that the 1997 win was because of a new pro-EU Government winning the election!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    I bet we do better than people think. There might be an element of "Oh My God! They're going to get an EU Referendum! What if they leave? We won't be able to freely travel there! Let's vote for them! Might make them think we like them so they stay!"

After all, it is suggested that the 1997 win was because of a new pro-EU Government winning the election!

Graham Norton's commentary would be hilarious if we do win. :D

Can't see it, though. Unless we send Keith Barry to hypnotise everybody in Europe outside of UK.
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »

We still could travel there, I presume there would be some sort of agreement. Eg we don't need a visa for Norway or Switzerland.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    We still could travel there, I presume there would be some sort of agreement. Eg we don't need a visa for Norway or Switzerland.

Indeed. Travel is one thing, but free movement is another. That is what the UK Government wants to control.

I believe though, that the agreements between the UK and Ireland, which is historical, would remain.
  • Options
    differentdrumdifferentdrum Posts: 3,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ireland have much the better song. Unfortunately, not sure the performer is up to much. It would be a poor effort if she couldn't qualify.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this thread just for fortune tellers?
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ireland probably came last in the televotes.
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There really wasn't any reason to vote for Ireland last night. A dull and forgettable song, nothing particularly special about the singer or performance. Must have been fighting it out with San Marino for last place.
  • Options
    PhoenixPhoenix Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    UK has already finished higher as Ireland aren't in the final, I believe.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This poll doesn't really work when one is an automatic finalist :D
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no point in voting now that it's been confirmed. Ireland had more votes before the result.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    I think Ireland probably came last in the televotes.
    gottago wrote: »
    There really wasn't any reason to vote for Ireland last night. A dull and forgettable song, nothing particularly special about the singer or performance. Must have been fighting it out with San Marino for last place.

I'm predicting 11th or 12th in the semi. She was nowhere near as bad as either of you are claiming (and we'll have the full results in less than 24 hours)
  • Options
    bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon 15th in the semi myself.....Iceland, Czech Republic, Switzerland and malta will surely all of done better than Ireland?
  • Options
    Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no way Iceland did better than Ireland. The juries will have crucified her for her vocals.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    Australia :D:cool::p:kitty:
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon 15th in the semi myself.....Iceland, Czech Republic, Switzerland and malta will surely all of done better than Ireland?

Ireland has never finished in the bottom 3 in a semi final. I've a funny feeling Molly came closer to qualification than people think....all will be revealed later this evening.