Brown, Cameron............ Clegg???

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,060
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seeing as how Brown is so unpopular at the minute, I was wondering whether people really think David Cameron would do any better. Or is it a more a "well he's the only the alternative person" attitude?

Does everyone really want a tory government? Personally I'm always up for change (but will never vote tory - that's a whole other matter), yet I feel Brown's party is the only party which will get us out of this finacial crisis in the best interests of everybody.

I've found that people tend to dislike Brown, yet despair at the thought of a conservative government. So do you think people are ready to consider the Liberal Democrats seriously to actually form a government? Or even the shadow cabinet (if labour lose that badly)?

What do you think?

Comments

• jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is this Clegg you speak of?
  • bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think when Cameron calls for a change, not only is he nicking Obama's key words, but he should actually look to his own Party for change.

The Tories have nothing new to give. They just jump on every bandwagon and hope it will boost their polls. It's not good enough.

I don't think Brown is unpopular because of his style of Governing, but really he is being judged on his personality. The Tories have used this to make fun of him, but they have not produced anything of worth that would show they are any better to Govern.

The Tories need to learn to put the people first before Party Politics and really show that they sincerely care.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bootyache wrote: »
    I think when Cameron calls for a change, not only is he nicking Obama's key words, but he should actually look to his own Party for change.

The Tories have nothing new to give. They just jump on every bandwagon and hope it will boost their polls. It's not good enough.

I don't think Brown is unpopular because of his style of Governing, but really he is being judged on his personality. The Tories have used this to make fun of him, but they have not produced anything of worth that would show they are any better to Govern.

The Tories need to learn to put the people first before Party Politics and really show that they sincerely care.

Brown is disliked because he's left our pockets empty, Labour are disliked because they made such a balls up of everything. The only people to benefit under Labour are criminals and the workshy.
  • bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jim_uk wrote: »
    Brown is disliked because he's left our pockets empty, Labour are disliked because they made such a balls up of everything. The only people to benefit under Labour are criminals and the workshy.

So anyone who has a relatively normal stable life is a criminal or workshy?????

Crikey you do have a big imagination.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bootyache wrote: »
    So anyone who has a relatively normal stable life is a criminal or workshy?????

Crikey you do have a big imagination.:D

Those with a "normal life" are the ones Labour have clobbered, especially the poorest. What have this lot achieved? public services are no better despite the all the extra money thrown at them, the minimum wage has been swallowed up by taxes, kids are murdering each other almost daily. Things have got so bad even the immigrants are leaving. Once again a Labour government is going to leave the country broke and a Tory one will be left to get the country back on it's feet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those with a "normal life" are the ones Labour have clobbered, especially the poorest. What have this lot achieved? public services are no better despite the all the extra money thrown at them, the minimum wage has been swallowed up by taxes, kids are murdering each other almost daily. Things have got so bad even the immigrants are leaving. Once again a Labour government is going to leave the country broke and a Tory one will be left to get the country back on it's feet.

Not that I wanted this thread to argue what labour have or have not) achieved, one thing labour should be praised for is the improvement to the education system.
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan48 wrote: »
    Seeing as how Brown is so unpopular at the minute, I was wondering whether people really think David Cameron would do any better. Or is it a more a "well he's the only the alternative person" attitude?

Does everyone really want a tory government? Personally I'm always up for change (but will never vote tory - that's a whole other matter), yet I feel Brown's party is the only party which will get us out of this finacial crisis in the best interests of everybody.

I've found that people tend to dislike Brown, yet despair at the thought of a conservative government. So do you think people are ready to consider the Liberal Democrats seriously to actually form a government? Or even the shadow cabinet (if labour lose that badly)?

What do you think?

I really don't want to see the Tories in power so I suppose I would have to say I would sooner see Clegg as PM than Cameron. Even though I know nothing whatsoever about him.

I actually like Gordon Brown.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And not controlling Illegal Imigrants!;)
  • BinnmanBinnman Posts: 4,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I wanted this thread to argue what labour have or have not) achieved, one thing labour should be praised for is the improvement to the education system.

Geez that's the best one I've heard this week.

Last year (I think) Channel 4 carried out an experiment with modern day A and A+ students. They taught them using the curriculum for the '60s.

When tested at the start, they pretty much all failed, and to be honest, the results at the end were nothing to shout about either. These were all students with supposedly multiple A and A+ passes in the subjects (using todays marking)

Just how is this an improvement? :confused:

Binnman
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Binnman wrote: »
    Geez that's the best one I've heard this week.

Last year (I think) Channel 4 carried out an experiment with modern day A and A+ students. They taught them using the curriculum for the '60s.

When tested at the start, they pretty much all failed, and to be honest, the results at the end were nothing to shout about either. These were all students with supposedly multiple A and A+ passes in the subjects (using todays marking)

Just how is this an improvement? :confused:

Binnman

I've seen the education system improve. And yes even the best pupils today would find it difficult to pass 1960s examinations, because they weren't taught the same as people in the 1960s; they were taught to pass todays examinations on todays curriculum. And there is no truth in the motion that they were harder, different systems, different times.

The fact that the number of higher grades has increased, is not that courses are easier, but that they are being taught better and in better enviroments.
  • artisanwhitehalartisanwhitehal Posts: 2,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am better off now than at anytime since that terrible day in 79 when Thatcher was elected.
    I have always worked, and kept myself, and my family, and am certainly not a criminal. For the working man, things have improved enormously over the last 11 years.
  • artisanwhitehalartisanwhitehal Posts: 2,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was that wheeze by Major that had us all paying an extra increment in our tax, in order to finance the tax cut for the higher rate payers?
    That was worthy of the Sherriff of Nottingham, extra tax on the working man, so the rich dont have to pay.
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not neccessarily ,the only time in his life that my husband was 'work shy' was when he was forced out of work I'll not mention when but it was at the same time as millions of others, he did not become a criminal and neither did any of my children nor grandchildren neither have they even attempted to murder each other or anyone else.

I have to give you credit you are pretty good with your assertions, they are totally wrong but you are good at them.

Even Cameron is now saying this Country is not broken. And maybe if the gas and the electricity had not been privatised this Country would be a lot better off now than it is.

It is privatisation that is the route cause behind all this IMO.
  • Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was worthy of the Sherriff of Nottingham, extra tax on the working man, so the rich dont have to pay.

Bit like the Sherriff of Kircaldy, who taxed pensions, cut CGT & Corporation Tax, cut the 10% band, got more working men into the 40% bracket, raised Council Tax & seized Council rents..

But didn't close any of the tax loop holes that the rich use so they don't pay.

It gets hard to tell which party is left/right wing these days..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is this Clegg you speak of?

jim_uk, [two years on] no one's asking this now! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I see no one liked my thread bumping. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Oh, I see no one liked my thread bumping. :(

It made me smile, to see how far the Lib Dems have now come :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marly Z wrote: »
    It made me smile, to see how far the Lib Dems have now come :)

I'm happy now. :D