BB10 - do you feel the buzz?

Comments

• Miss_SMiss_S Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No buzz yet for me either.

When I think back to every other year, I've started to get really excited about watching it round about now.

It's hard to believe it starts in a matter of weeks.:eek:
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Miss_S wrote: »
    No buzz yet for me either.

When I think back to every other year, I've started to get really excited about watching it round about now.

It's hard to believe it starts in a matter of weeks.:eek:

I agree. No anticipation at all. It's no longer a television event.
  • sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    688peterl wrote: »
    I like the fact that we know nothing at all so far, like they are planning something really big and keeping it secret! Well i hope so anyway
    You mean like telling us at the last minute that it was all just a big wind-up and there's actually going to be a 24/7 live feed?
  • Mister MaganeseMister Maganese Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's gonna be good.......:)
  • Miss_SMiss_S Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the fact that we know nothing at all so far, like they are planning something really big and keeping it secret! Well i hope so anyway

Oh, if only.

Sadly, I doubt it...
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geraniums wrote: »
    One of the worst aspects of no 24/7 LF is on eviction nights. No more watching the tension building between the Hms - no more watching the aftermath of an eviction. And of course, no more watching the fall out from nominations.

This must now be the only BB worldwide without a 24/7 feed. It is an absolute disgrace.:mad:

Oath has confirmed we are the only country in the world now without some sort of Big Brother 24/7 LF, other countries can afford some sort of decent feed so why can't we

I don't believe all that BS about cost cutting

And adding to those worst aspects for on this forum:
    • No WHATM during the day and more than likely the feed we will get will be nothing more than 'WHATM - All Housemates are asleep'
    • No more nomcam

Thanks a lot, Channel 4 and OFCOM complainers, you've both made our country's BB a laughing stock (not that it was that difficult these days) :(
  • NolivefeedNolivefeed Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    No, the show is dead :)
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member

No, it was like this last year. It'll just be the usual eye release, press release, standard television promos - the Channel 4 marketing department going through the motions for another year.
  • NolivefeedNolivefeed Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    No, it was like this last year. It'll just be the usual eye release, press release, standard television promos - the Channel 4 marketing department going through the motions for another year.

Then they find out that the trailers failed ;)
  • godlivesgodlives Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    The LF was a commerical failure - get over it. Everything about BB needs to be updated, or alternatively if BB10 is rubbish, just show the 8 series of Bi9g Brother Australia, but BBUK is still alive and kicking.

Before every series, I get a buzz that this series will be amazing.

This year, it's coming a little slower than usual, but I am still confident that Endemol can produce a great series.

i am happy your confident but as an original bb viewer watching from the beginning and enjoying live feed 24/7 it's goodbye from me i feel like an oap being left behind cause they not interested in my opinions or my votes etc don't worry i get over lf i won't be watching.it will save me money on my phone bill.
  • hard_to_beathard_to_beat Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    godlives wrote: »
    i am happy your confident but as an original bb viewer watching from the beginning and enjoying live feed 24/7 it's goodbye from me i feel like an oap being left behind cause they not interested in my opinions or my votes etc don't worry i get over lf i won't be watching.it will save me money on my phone bill.

I'm in the same boat as you, watching from BB1 I mean.

I haven't watched since 2007 and I can't believe how bad it's got. The housemates were so bad that I didn't bother last year and now I just can't see why C4 don't put up their hands and say it's game over.

The only people in the whole country that are remotely excited are the most extreme of chavs and Davina McCall - There can't be any true hardcore fans left, because the show just isn't BB anymore.

The reason I came on this forum to have a look was to see if there was anything remote interesting. I think you know my answer!
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat as you, watching from BB1 I mean.

I haven't watched since 2007 and I can't believe how bad it's got. The housemates were so bad that I didn't bother last year and now I just can't see why C4 don't put up their hands and say it's game over.

The only people in the whole country that are remotely excited are the most extreme of chavs and Davina McCall - There can't be any true hardcore fans left, because the show just isn't BB anymore.

The reason I came on this forum to have a look was to see if there was anything remote interesting. I think you know my answer!

I started watching halfway through BB3

What a difference a few years makes, back then housemates actually wanted to be there to win the show and took the fame afterwards as a bonus

These days it's straight in, do nothing except dream about what media deals will fall into their laps when they get out and not give a dam about winning the show :(
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As yet, I'm not feeling the buzz - mostly due to the fact that we'll no longer have 24/7 LF, and because past failures and false promises have made me wary as most haven't lived up to it, therefore I'm not expecting too much. I'm hoping it'll come once we get the eye early next week as other information will follow, and should help get us in the mood. But at least of BB10 turns out to be brilliant, then I'll be pleasantly surprised! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,677
    Forum Member
    Curly wurlys aren't as big as they used to be either. And there's nothing good on the telly any more. And what about the government? It's all rubbish. It was much better in the old days. Why do people have to go and change things?
  • GracelandGraceland Posts: 8,158
    Forum Member
    geraniums wrote: »
    This is the first ever year since BB started that I have felt absolutely no sense of anticipation whatsoever. I used to virtually live on this forum in the run up to a new series; reading all the speculative threads about prospective HMs, the eye, and what the producers intend to do. Not this year. I have no faith in the production team whatsoever. And with no LF, there is no incentive to watch the HL shows. Sad to see the show has come to this. Without a LF it is most categorically NOT BB.

And there is no buzz at all on this forum at the moment - with only a few weeks to wait (apparently) until BB10 starts. I have never known this forum so quiet or so lacking in excitment or anticipation.

I feel exactly the same way way as you do......
    I used to watch the live feed all the time seldom watched the highlights.
  • SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    URGH!

Every single thread gets hijacked by the LF mourners. Try to get over it, for your own mental wellbeing, if anything. :)

There's no buzz, but then there's no news yet.

I will be watching this year but I won't be coming on here if I can help it. It's just too negative (e.g. "No Live Feed [followed by anti-C4 rant]") and it spoils it for me. I'm just here for when the pre-series news comes through.

It's a shame this forum (BB) has descended into such a tiresome shadow of its former self but hey ho...
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sangreal wrote: »
    No. And the live feed wasn't a commercial failure either.
    It only started to fail due to cutbacks and lack of general availability.
    Big Brother IS the live feed. Being able to watch people 24/7 is the whole concept.
    Just like it still is in every other country except for here.
    It is not the whole concept in any country and never has been.

But if anyone really feels that the live feed is BB, then, for them, BB is no more, and they should act like it's been axed and no longer exists.
    richie4eva wrote: »
    How are we supposed to get to know the housemates then?
    The ways everyone who didn't have a red-button service or the internet feed did.
    All we will get is the butchered spoon fed version of what the producers think they want us to see so they can indirectly push their chosen one down our throats

I prefer to make my own mind up about the inmates and not on biased editing
    Why are you writing as if there will be no live coverage on E4? :confused:
    Forum Member
    It's funny because a lot of people just moaned about the bird twitterings on the live feed, or the way it cut away, or the positioning of the cameras.

Or how the main shows were boring because they'd already seen those events.

Or something else.

Perhaps some people just like a good moan. And perhaps they like campaigning as well. And perhaps some people will never be satisfied and are convinced that the world is configured precisely to annoy them.

I don't know. It's a television programme. What did you do before big brother? Sit gazing at the walls all day?
    Forum Member
    Can somebody summarise neatly and clearly, exactly what live feed provisions are being made this year? I'm sure I read that there was still some nightime live feed.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davinawho wrote: »
    Can somebody summarise neatly and clearly, exactly what live feed provisions are being made this year? I'm sure I read that there was still some nightime live feed.
    There will be live coverage on E4 at night (presumably some of it on C4 as well?), but the schedule is not yet known.

There will be no red button / secret channel or internet live coverage.
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sprogg wrote: »
    URGH!

Every single thread gets hijacked by the LF mourners. Try to get over it, for your own mental wellbeing, if anything. :)

I will be watching this year but I won't be coming on here if I can help it. It's just too negative (e.g. "No Live Feed [followed by anti-C4 rant]") and it spoils it for me. I'm just here for when the pre-series news comes through.

It's a shame this forum (BB) has descended into such a tiresome shadow of its former self but hey ho...

Agreed 100%.

Perhaps C4 are just helping people out by saving them from wasting £150 on votes!!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    It is not the whole concept in any country and never has been.
    Never heard the phrase "Big Brother is watching" before then? ;)
    The concept is to lock a group of strangers into a house and have them watched 24/7.
    But if anyone really feels that the live feed is BB, then, for them, BB is no more, and they should act like it's been axed and no longer exists.
    Correct. We do.

How can BB be just 42 minutes of heavily/badly edited highlights a day?
    The ways everyone who didn't have a red-button service or the internet feed did.
    In other words, you don't (get to know the housemates whatsoever).

I guess a decent percentage of the arguments/disagreements on these forums are between live feed viewers and HL show viewers, both of whom (probably, and also at a guess) have strongly contrasting opinions of many of the housemates.
    Why are you writing as if there will be no live coverage on E4? :confused:
    Maybe because by them only showing live feed from 11pm-6am, chances are a good proportion of the housemates will be asleep within an hour or so, and we'll end up just with a small handful of them for another hour or so, then 2 or 3 hours of shots of people sleeping (as was the case with CBB6, which was the worst BB ever!).
    Hardly enough proper live feed to get to know ALL the housemates properly, as in previous series.

(Note, only the first quote was initially directed at me, but I felt like responding to the others anyway).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davinawho wrote: »
    It's funny because a lot of people just moaned about the bird twitterings on the live feed, or the way it cut away, or the positioning of the cameras.
    I didn't.
    The sound dips were only there if someone was singing (copyrighted lyrics), or if (copyrighted) music was being played, or if someone was using inappropriate language before the watershed, or if they were infringing the rights of a person on the outside. The sound dips got less and less after the watershed, and all-in-all, we got to see & hear enough live feed to get to know the housemates properly. On a good day, the sound dips probably constituted less than 20% of the overall live feed.
    Or how the main shows were boring because they'd already seen those events.
    Again, not me. I'd moan about how badly edited the HL show was and how it missed out highly crucial statements/words which made it show one person in a good light and another in a bad light - when in reality (on the live feed) it was invariably the other way round.
    Perhaps some people just like a good moan. And perhaps they like campaigning as well. And perhaps some people will never be satisfied and are convinced that the world is configured precisely to annoy them.
    Nonsense. We all just want to be happy ;)
    Don't mess with the format of a popular programme and no-one will complain.
    Well, they might complain about stagnancy or something, but that's a different issue entirely....
    I don't know. It's a television programme. What did you do before big brother? Sit gazing at the walls all day?
    Nope. I work very hard 6 days a week (mainly from home though, for a lot of the time).
    I just leave LF permanently on in the background.
    I'm lucky that I can program software, chat with my co-workers via IM, post on the internet, watch tv & do The Times cryptic crossword all at the same time ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sprogg wrote: »
    URGH!

Don't worry, you'll get over it ;)

Come on Sprogg, surely you can't expect no-one to complain about it?!

It's only natural for people to complain and vent when something they've enjoyed for the past 7+ years (availaibilty of a 24/7 live feed for Big Brother) suddenly gets taken away.

Think of one of your most favourite things and then imagine how you'd feel if it was suddenly taken away and you were told you could no longer have it ever again. How would you feel?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice 'availibility' typo in there, btw, lol.

Basically, what I'm saying is that this is the first BB ever where I've not felt a buzz, and that's all because of the lack of 24/7 live feed - which is what it was all about, for me (and I'm quite confident in saying that I reckon it'll be pretty much the same for thousands of others).

I dread to think how many 'Where's the live feed?' threads there's going to be on here once BB10 starts and all the BB forum regulars return (along with half the C4 forum ones).