Snow Watch 2010/11 Season

Comments

• queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bundyman wrote: »
    You are more than welcome to mine. I'm sick of the damn stuff

Unlees you're a kid or never go anywhere, why anyone would want it is beyond me

It's cold, wet & real mess

Roll on summer. Hope i never see snow again

Couldn't agree more.

P*ss off snow, no one wants or needs you!!
  • parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's snowing on the Wales coast :(
  • EiraEira Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know your area has problems when you see a snowplow sliding backwards and sideways down a hill...
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    more snow tonight where we are
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snowing very fast but not sticking on the roads thank god. It's sticking on the car though :(
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bundyman wrote: »
    You are more than welcome to mine. I'm sick of the damn stuff

Unlees you're a kid or never go anywhere, why anyone would want it is beyond me

It's cold, wet & real mess

Roll on summer. Hope i never see snow again

Not everyone wants baking hot sun, which can be just as big a hazard - though one which does not necessarily strike on the day itself in the same way as snow.

I bet more people have died of skin cancer in the past few weeks than from the effects of the cold weather - yet the days on which their fate was sealed will probably have been described as 'beautiful' or 'glorious'.

I am very sorry if people have difficulty travelling and can sympathise, but this will not stop me loving the cold weather and hoping we have lots more of it, both later this winter and in future years.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    It's so bloody cold round here, it's making our burglar alarm go off when it's not even switched on!

The outside box is just under the roof on the corner, and as we're the last house it's more exposed to the icy conditions so it keeps going off. 1.30 am last night and 5am the other night/morning.

I'm pig sick of this weather, but I never have liked snow since I left childhood behind. And sub-zero temperatures I definitely detest. Give me heatwaves anyday.
    Apart from anything else, heat is cheaper to cope with!

No one in this country would ever die of heat, cos it'd never be hot enough, but you could certainly die from the freezing cold.

Roll on Global Warming.
    We're more likely heading for an Ice Age, if we get this every year. And we only got rid of the last one at the start of this year!
  • EiraEira Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snowing very fast but not sticking on the roads thank god. It's sticking on the car though :(

Where abouts on the Welsh coast are you? (Not trying to stalk you, just a general direction will do).
  • Gingerbread'Gingerbread' Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Good news it looks like its about to start snowing in Durham at last!!! :D The sky is black and full of snow. Not long now me thinks!

I'm worse than the kids :D
  • Wobbly SteveWobbly Steve Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To those of you that have lots of snow, and are sick of it - I've just one thing to say, chance would be a fine thing !!!!!!!

Not a sniff of a snowflake - severe hoar frost yeah, makes it look like a dusting - especially as the temp hasn't gone above freezing for a while now, but c'mon... it's a right swiz !!!

All the news footage I think is balderdash.... snow !!! What snow !!?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    To those of you that have lots of snow, and are sick of it - I've just one thing to say, chance would be a fine thing !!!!!!!

Not a sniff of a snowflake - severe hoar frost yeah, makes it look like a dusting - especially as the temp hasn't gone above freezing for a while now, but c'mon... it's a right swiz !!!

All the news footage I think is balderdash.... snow !!! What snow !!?

A case of the grass isn't always greener......

Snow is great when it's a short lived affair before a thaw, the kids can have their fun and then it's all back to normal.

Not such fun when it sticks around and you get even more on top.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snow isn't a problem now but the ice is lethal. My Granddad hasn't been able to leave the house for two days and trying to walk into town was pretty difficult too.
  • fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC website alleges that we are in for some snow here tonight, but I can't see it happening as its far too warm - been thawing all day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eira wrote: »
    Where abouts on the Welsh coast are you? (Not trying to stalk you, just a general direction will do).

Gwynedd, Harlech area.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC website alleges that we are in for some snow here tonight, but I can't see it happening as its far too warm - been thawing all day.

Where are you?
  • 80's chick80's chick Posts: 5,207
    Forum Member
    BBC website alleges that we are in for some snow here tonight, but I can't see it happening as its far too warm - been thawing all day.[/QUOTE

Same here:(

i'm in Essex
  • fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where are you?

Sunbury (TW13) - I was working outside most of this morning, and although not warm, it wasn't nearly as bitter as it has been lately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same in Worcester, seems unbelievable that we would get any more as is forecast.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pasodaisy wrote: »
    Same in Worcester, seems unbelievable that we would get any more as is forecast.

Wow - I'm not that far from you and it has remained really cold here - don't think the temperature got above -1 all day. We too have quite a prolonged bout of snow forecast for the morning - given the temperature I can believe it.

I'm now contemplating my journey to work. I really don't want to drive given the road conditions, so that means two buses and a bit of a walk :( Wouldn't mind the walk but there are a couple of hills which are a bit tricky to negotiate.
  • semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cannock west midlands has snow now................
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yep that shit is coming are way
  • semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snowing around the dudley area
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anglesey getting hammered here and has been for hours :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Wow - I'm not that far from you and it has remained really cold here - don't think the temperature got above -1 all day. We too have quite a prolonged bout of snow forecast for the morning - given the temperature I can believe it.

I'm now contemplating my journey to work. I really don't want to drive given the road conditions, so that means two buses and a bit of a walk :( Wouldn't mind the walk but there are a couple of hills which are a bit tricky to negotiate.

It looks more like north of Worcester (sorry!) it's melted a little off the trees and all the main roads are wet slush now, we have about 7 inches on the ground, I think we are a bit more sheltered here. Good luck for tomorrow.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Spot wrote: »
    Not everyone wants baking hot sun, which can be just as big a hazard - though one which does not necessarily strike on the day itself in the same way as snow.

I bet more people have died of skin cancer in the past few weeks than from the effects of the cold weather - yet the days on which their fate was sealed will probably have been described as 'beautiful' or 'glorious'.

I am very sorry if people have difficulty travelling and can sympathise, but this will not stop me loving the cold weather and hoping we have lots more of it, both later this winter and in future years.

Around 1500 people die every year in the UK from skin cancer. In an average winter, around 25,000 people die from a result of the cold weather, mainly elderly people. This year, they are estimating that the figure could rise to as much as 35,000.

Bring on the thaw.
This discussion has been closed.