Trapped farts in my living room chair

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Best thread I've read in ages!

Might I suggest the OP considers some 'tweaks' to his diet - perhaps less heavy on the beans, cabbage & curry?!
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    My grandad had a chair that done this. Each of my cousins including me have fallen foul of if.

My nan and grandad had alot of grandchildren and because of this, when we call came to visit at the same time, chairs were scarce. If someone got up their, chair would be lost before they knew it, all except my grandad's chair. My grandad's chair trapped farts, I am sure he did it just so that he got to keep a seat. Whenever a younger cousin who never knew of the chair would rush to it, all the previous victims would watch with an evil glee as the poor child ran across the room and jumped on the chair quick and would look at the rest of us triumphantly. And then there was this whump sound, as all the stale noxious farts were released from the chair and the farts would permeat the air around the child and instantly the stink would stick to their clothes. The poor kid could never get out of the chair quick enough and what with all the pointing and evil mocking laughter from the rest of us a lesson was learned and he/she never sat in my grandad's chair again. :D

hilarious...thanks...this made me crack up...:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Have the farts disappeared yet OP? :D
  • richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the Thread Title of the Year.

I may be able to give creedence to the OP's theory of trapped windage in seat cushions.

In my job up to 14 different blokes sit in the same office chair in a week ( not at the same time, do pay attention ) so the chair sees a lot of flatus action.

However, there is one bloke who, due to only having half a pancreas ( don't ask ), eats a very high fibre diet and subsequently farts like a herd of Buffalo.

If you take duty after he has sat and farted in the chair for 12 hours the seat does honk of fart for many hours after he's long gone.
  • Roger MoreRoger More Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you take duty after he has sat and farted in the chair for 12 hours the seat does honk of fart for many hours after he's long gone.
    A charming anecdote Dear Flower.
  • Charlie_the_catCharlie_the_cat Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a news item that may be of interest to all subscribers to this thread:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20110210/twl-malawians-voice-anger-against-fartin-41f21e0.html
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    Burti wrote: »
    this might sound silly but it's a true thing I want advice about basically last wednesday I had a bit ok a lot of trapped wind and was farting constantly all evening and because I was on my own I didn't have to be disgreet I just let rip whilst I was sat in my chair watching tv. It was smelly in the room but that didn't matter as I quite like the smell of my farts but the problem is that even though the smell has of course gone from the room every time I sit down and my bottom presses down on the padded cushion bit it releases the smell again from my farts from 4 days ago!!! :eek: the smells all stale and Im embarrassed about when other people sit on it and they'll notice the nasty smell :eek: I even hoovered it but that didn't work :mad:
    I smell a load of bull......... :rolleyes:
  • DJPTDJPT Posts: 4,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wash it with Febreeze :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

sniggers a'la Homer Simpson "You said doodie!" :D
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    They sure don't put this in the DFS adverts.

Brilliant !! :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Farts are tiny particles of fecal matter - what do you think makes them smell!? Your sofa is basically covered in bits of poo. Nice one.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My grandad had a chair that done this. Each of my cousins including me have fallen foul of if.

My nan and grandad had alot of grandchildren and because of this, when we call came to visit at the same time, chairs were scarce. If someone got up their, chair would be lost before they knew it, all except my grandad's chair. My grandad's chair trapped farts, I am sure he did it just so that he got to keep a seat. Whenever a younger cousin who never knew of the chair would rush to it, all the previous victims would watch with an evil glee as the poor child ran across the room and jumped on the chair quick and would look at the rest of us triumphantly. And then there was this whump sound, as all the stale noxious farts were released from the chair and the farts would permeat the air around the child and instantly the stink would stick to their clothes. The poor kid could never get out of the chair quick enough and what with all the pointing and evil mocking laughter from the rest of us a lesson was learned and he/she never sat in my grandad's chair again. :D

LMAO! Brilliant! :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three pages of replies? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finn15 wrote: »
    Farts are tiny particles of fecal matter - what do you think makes them smell!? Your sofa is basically covered in bits of poo. Nice one.
    Dear Flower as you clearly have no idea what you are talking about here is the definition of a fart for your further education and betterment:

Flatulence sometimes has a very unpleasant smell because it consists of gases. These gases are listed here from the highest concentration to the lowest:
    Nitrogen
    Oxygen
    Methane
    Carbon dioxide
    Hydrogen

http://www.what-causes-flatulence.com/flatulence-smelly.htm
  • Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was smelly in the room but that didn't matter as I quite like the smell of my farts
    3 pages of replies and yet nobody had commented on this :confused:
  • WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finn15 wrote: »

thats revolting .
    maybe wear incontinence pants and stop mistreating the chair :confused: get up and walk around if your letting one off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    That poor chair - is there a name for chair abuse?:D

It should be marketed as a real life whoopie cushion
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    May I ask what you were expecting to find in a thread entitled "Trapped farts in my living room chair"?
    :D:D:D

I've got trapped laughs in my belly from reading this thread ... they keep bursting out.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buy one of these and sit on it in future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM4eJ38S7Hw&feature=related
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    going back to the problem I think the pong is fading and so mabey I'll just leave it a couple more days and hope fully it will of gone completely by then! :) its not a fart like smell anymore it's more like a stale smell like a rat died in a cupboard smell only not as strong :eek:

Maybe the fart was so bad a rat did die :eek:
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    OP must have been "umping" that day if he can still smell it now, that bad he could taste it..I wonder if he did follow through:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit I don`t know what "umping" is, but it sounds grotesque.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to admit I don`t know what "umping" is, but it sounds grotesque.
    Dear Heart it's a term used by medicial experts, I fear rather too technical for the layman to understand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is absolutely hilarious OP!! I have tears streaming down my face from laughing so much! Have you had any luck yet with getting rid of the stench?

P.S. You're a mucky beggar! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ceza wrote: »
    Maybe the fart was so bad a rat did die :eek:

Brilliant!!! :D

Doll Feet wrote: »
    3 pages of replies and yet nobody had commented on this :confused:

Hahaha I thought this too!! :eek: