Options

The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Plus whenever a question about a comet comes up why don't they say halleys straight away. Are they stupid!
    No. Why should they, and risk a wrong answer? Comet ISON came up on 15 to 1 a couple of days ago.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    able1 wrote: »
    I've only just realised (after checking) that Bill Haley and the Comets were named after the comet.

Someone suggested the Comets because of the rhyming alternative American pronunciation.

All these decades I never made the connection as many bands of 50/60s era had a space age name connection at random.

I guess most of us had never heard of Halleys until seeing it in the eighties.

Well, it was on the Bayeux Tapestry but that's not even a tapestry, it's an embroidery tut. :D
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't complain about Stephanie going for the £500, not much difference from the £2K
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In Stephanie's cash builder round, one of the questions was, 'Which of Britain's three armed services, is known as The Silent Service?', to which Bradley gives the answer, The Royal Navy. I always thought the Royal Navy was known as The Senior Service, like the cigarettes with a sailor on them that you saw in tobacconists in the 70s. Isn't The Silent Service, something to do with submarines?
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    I hope The Governess makes an appearance tomorrow or Friday as The Paul O' Grady Show starts next week so it's the last one on Fri :(

Oh boo >:( :(
  • Options
    ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New chaser advert. Is someone leaving?
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Stephanie's cash builder round, one of the questions was, 'Which of Britain's three armed services, is known as The Silent Service?', to which Bradley gives the answer, The Royal Navy. I always thought the Royal Navy was known as The Senior Service, like the cigarettes with a sailor on them that you saw in tobacconists in the 70s. Isn't The Silent Service, something to do with submarines?

Agreed Ghg.....

I said the same as you to my OH when I heard this question.

The RN is the "Senior Service", I haven't heard it called "Silent", in fact after the prog yesterday I had a google, and seems to me that the question setter was wrong.

If anyone knows different, a link to sayings use would be helpful......
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And which of the armed services are more likely to have submarines?:p

In fact I've just looked on Wikipedia and found this.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Navy_Submarine_Service
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Last in the series tonight.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Last in the series tonight.

Damn you, O'Grady! (shakes fist in irritation).

We can, however, still get a daily fix of Chasers courtesy of Challenge TV.
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say we're due a win today, 3 of the 4 left in the final, I think.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant believe she took the minus offer. Hope she gets beaten and gets chucked off
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grr I hate people that take the minus!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too. April wasnt too happy with her
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not surprised, I'd be raging.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »

Yep i'll be watching as soon as they get to the Ann episodes ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not surprised, I'd be raging.

I would too.

Let's see how much of a contribution she makes in the Final Chase. Not much, I'm guessing.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What on earth happened to Jack in that final team cash-builder?
    He was nowhere to be seen. He answered maybe one or two answers, and fluffed even more. In fact it was the two players who were seen as just okay in the earlier rounds who appeared to be answering the most questions correctly.
    Yet throughout the show Bradley and Paul were talking Jack this and Jack that.

Not a bad game. Paul pulled off a stunning performance at the end. Can't see how anyone could have beaten him unless they scored something silly like 28.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would too.

Let's see how much of a contribution she makes in the Final Chase. Not much, I'm guessing.

She didn't do too bad at all in the final chase as it turned out.
    Her and Owen seemed to be answering many of the questions, where as April didn't seem as strong as she appeared she was going to be, and Jack was surprisingly very disappointing.
    Funny how it turned out in the end.
    They still lost though.
  • Options
    VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good performance from the sinner man, glad the woman who took the minus offer got nothing, she also now has the stigma of the minus offer taken :)
  • Options
    ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no the chase on itv till june. so painful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »

I'm sure Challenge will be delighted with ITV for showing a celebrity edition of The Chase on ITV4, at the same time as Challenge is showing it.
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant believe she took the minus offer. Hope she gets beaten and gets chucked off

I've just filmed an episode of The Chase (don't know when it's going to be on though) and whilst I would generally agree, that extra step at the end is always useful. How many times do we see the Chaser catch the team at the last second.

On thing that surprised me is that there is no audience (except for celebrity specials), which kind of makes you view all those videos of Bradley laughing a bit differently...
  • Options
    king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chase returns next week :) Hooray !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yay! :D:D
This discussion has been closed.