Options

Aspergers Test

Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
Forum Member
I'm not suggesting this as a medical diagnosis and have no idea how accurate it is as a measure (read the page and disclaimers on there) but, with the recent topic on Aspergers, I thought it might be interesting to see what people score on this.

http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism.htm

I'm a 36 apparently.

Comments

• Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You scored a total of 13
  • Options
    Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scored a 7 though a couple of theme didn't seem wholly applicable. For example I don't see how liking going to a museum over a theater automatically means your're more likely to be autistic, you can also have different tastes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bollocks. I was hoping this bit of research would be reassuring.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I got 14.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chihiro94 wrote: »
    Scored a 7 though a couple of theme didn't seem wholly applicable. For example I don't see how liking going to a museum over a theater automatically means your're more likely to be autistic, you can also have different tastes.

Yes I agree. (unless one means being around more people that the other?)

Also it doesn't allow for other things. I have agoraphobia ( not as bad now but still pops its head up here and there. ) and so that would reflect in my answers too.

But as a rough guide I expect it would help people know if they should get tested if its a problem for them.
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    You scored a total of 12
  • Options
    ICUDOICUDO Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    You scored 22
    I scored 39.

Ah bollocks...maybe its dual personality disorder I'm doing, not autism:blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ICUDO wrote: »
    You scored 22
    I scored 39.

Ah bollocks...maybe its dual personality disorder I'm doing, not autism:blush::D

:p:D

I did the Narcissistic Personality one too.

"You scored 19....and you are absolutely wonderful and without doubt our wisest test subject thus far."

Started the Anger Management one too but couldn't finish it. The implication in the questions made me livid!

I was going to try the Paranoia one but the NSA are already tracking me through the chip in my brain and I'm not giving them more ammo. ;)
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You scored a total of 14
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i got 29, i`m on not, on the cusp of possible.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I scored 12. I think my daughter would score quite highly but she's not autistic though she does have ADHD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I scored 12. I think my daughter would score quite highly but she's not autistic though she does have ADHD.

I got 39 in the ADHD one.
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I scored 21 but many of the answers are based on me suffering social anxiety disorder and depression so is much higher than it might be if I didnt have those issues.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scored 9
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I got 13.

Yeah it was very obvious what answers are supposed to indicate autism but I agree that some of them could have been due to taste or whatever and not necessarily autism. I chose library over party but that's just because of the stage I'm at in my life.

My kids are small, ive done (and loved) the partying but nowadays I'd prefer to avoid the hangovers and do stuff with the kids, like take them to the library, which they love. I dare say when they're older I'll re-enter my youth with wanton abandon and be back out making a show of myself of a Saturday night.

And planning activities. I like to plan. Not because I've an aversion to spontaneity, just makes more sense. You get more stuff fitted in your day when you plan.
  • Options
    ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I scored 37, however it doesn't really change anything. I always thought I was just socially awkward. Perhaps that is all it is.

I am who I am and I don't suppose I need to apply any label to myself.
  • Options
    DPSDPS Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    38. But then I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when I was nineteen.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambient noise levels and proximity to others...
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I scored 23.

My daughter would score higher, she's not autistic though, but is other things. It doesn't really allow for cross-over (other disabilities that have some of the same characteristics/traits).

It's a great way to scare a parent, though! By that I mean irresponsible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got 38 for depression I am very happy at the moment ( I thought) and 57 for bipolar. No one has ever suggested I could be bipolar.

I dont think these tests are even close to real symptoms. If they are then I might as well give up right now :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DPS wrote: »
    38. But then I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when I was nineteen.

I'm 37 and have seen a psychiatrist at times in my life for depression and anxiety. We did one of these tests and he said it was likely I was a "high-functioning Aspergian" but nothing came of it. It seemed to be more for getting a general picture of me.

I never thought much of it at the time as the symptoms had always been there but I'd always just thought of it as "this is the way I am, I know I have a few differences from the majority of people in these areas and you just have to get on with it" so I'd never required a label up until then, but now (especially after seeing other scores) I'm thinking maybe I've been doing myself out of needed support by not pursuing the issue.

If I'm ever at a stage when I see the psychiatrist again then I'm going to ask him whether I should be doing more and what exactly. I expected higher scores from others here to be honest. Didn't think I'd be so much higher than the average.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

It would probably be less if I preferred theatres but I like museums, dammit.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son has just scored a whopping 39. Christ, I don't even know what I should make of that.
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    I got 23.

I'm a quiet person, and sometimes have strong interests. But I'm very good at reading non verbal cues from people (especially the 'knowing when someone is getting bored' one) and I have a lot of empathy, so I don't think I've got any autism, I'm just quiet in general.
  • Options
    ICUDOICUDO Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    If you would rather go to the library because of the stage you are in life, then you would also reply that you are good at the 4 or 5 social chitchat/situation questions, whereas if you would rather go to the library to get away from the hustle and bustle you would reply that you aren't good at social situations. Therefore the questionnaire probably accounts for this