The Nolan's and their silly feuds

Comments

• allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only Nolan I liked was Bernie - she was a proper lady with class and warmth. Not like the others
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Never could stand any of them, except Bernie (and I'm not saying that because she's gone, I've always thought the same) from the start.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Colleen still claiming to be a size 8?:D
  • DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand them, what anyone ever saw in their music is beyond me.
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything I've ever read about the infamous Ray makes me dislike him. Coleen even said yesterday that he resented her two sons success in showbusiness. He sounds like a right childish arse and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was responsible for the original fall out.

Who are her two sons and in what way are they successful in showbusiness :confused:

Never heard of them!
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,007
    Forum Member

Catchy pop tunes? The ability to sing? Some people like those things? Bernie in particular was a very strong vocalist and they harmonised well. Not to everyone's taste of course but it's not like they were talentless, far from it.

I've no time for the washing of the dirty linen in public but I feel sorry for them all coping with losing Bernie.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bernie was always my favourite....and I think most peoples' out of the sisters. She was clearly the most talented and very likeable with it. Ray Fensome does come across as a bit of a tool.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are her two sons and in what way are they successful in showbusiness :confused:

Never heard of them!

Wasn't the one son briefly in Emmerdale?
  • fynefunfynefun Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    seems even denise is fed up with the stories coleen is putting out, interesting read...well if you like that kind of thing

http://www.denisenolan.co.uk/bernie-nolan.html

I Cannot tell you upset and angry I am, that my Sister has used me to get some publicity for her new book.
    On Sunday last, we were all at Linda's Birthday party and whilst, yes, we will never be friends again, no argument there. (Believe it or not, Coleen, I feel the same way) she included ME in a chat she was having with our Brother.
    I would never be so childish as to ignore her and was actually glad, as it meant I could chat to her lovely daughter, Ciara,who, sadly, I don't know.
    I had thought that we had put the argument aside, for the sake of family and friends. It will never be the same, but, it was nice to do something together and see the pleasure on others faces.
    I have no wish to visit Coleen at her home, or anywhere, especially, after this despicable behaviour!! I have been in HUGE houses before, Coleen, ha ha, I promise you, and it didn't enrich my life, or make me SO jealous I wanted to destroy the homeowner's career. Utter nonsense!!!
    Now, with more lies and inaccuracies, yes, Agony Aunt, you are telling porkies which I have refuted in the past and will not do so, again.
    I think our loved ones have had enough and the public are bored of our family problems, too much important stuff going on in the world. She has opened up old wounds including some, with others, who will fight their own battles, I am sure.
    I am sad for my relationship with my nephews, Shane and Jake, who I adore, and Ciara, who will grow up not knowing a pretty great Aunt, ( if I say so myself, ha ha).
    I hope your book sells millions and gets you out of any financial trouble you might be in, especially for your lovely children.
    But, it's sad you felt the need to drag this up again, and, upset EVERYONE.
    No one wants to hear about it anymore, especially with the loss of Bernie, who I know would be as upset and angry as I am.
    I could say SO much more, but, I will NEVER again answer any trash I read in the papers, from Coleen and her management.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fynefun wrote: »
    seems even denise is fed up with the stories coleen is putting out, interesting read...well if you like that kind of thing

http://www.denisenolan.co.uk/bernie-nolan.html

I Cannot tell you upset and angry I am, that my Sister has used me to get some publicity for her new book.
    On Sunday last, we were all at Linda's Birthday party and whilst, yes, we will never be friends again, no argument there. (Believe it or not, Coleen, I feel the same way) she included ME in a chat she was having with our Brother.
    I would never be so childish as to ignore her and was actually glad, as it meant I could chat to her lovely daughter, Ciara,who, sadly, I don't know.
    I had thought that we had put the argument aside, for the sake of family and friends. It will never be the same, but, it was nice to do something together and see the pleasure on others faces.
    I have no wish to visit Coleen at her home, or anywhere, especially, after this despicable behaviour!! I have been in HUGE houses before, Coleen, ha ha, I promise you, and it didn't enrich my life, or make me SO jealous I wanted to destroy the homeowner's career. Utter nonsense!!!
    Now, with more lies and inaccuracies, yes, Agony Aunt, you are telling porkies which I have refuted in the past and will not do so, again.
    I think our loved ones have had enough and the public are bored of our family problems, too much important stuff going on in the world. She has opened up old wounds including some, with others, who will fight their own battles, I am sure.
    I am sad for my relationship with my nephews, Shane and Jake, who I adore, and Ciara, who will grow up not knowing a pretty great Aunt, ( if I say so myself, ha ha).
    I hope your book sells millions and gets you out of any financial trouble you might be in, especially for your lovely children.
    But, it's sad you felt the need to drag this up again, and, upset EVERYONE.
    No one wants to hear about it anymore, especially with the loss of Bernie, who I know would be as upset and angry as I am.
    I could say SO much more, but, I will NEVER again answer any trash I read in the papers, from Coleen and her management.

Ouch! Oh dear. This would be so much better if they could handle this between themselves, rather than through 'public' remarks. Doesn't solve anything and just provides more ammo for the next 'round'. Denise, Coleen- here's a tip. Get into a room together- EVERYONE else excluded- and have it out until you reach some kind of resolution- even if it's to agree to disagree. I'd have thought you'd realised life really is too short. As an only child, I wish I had a sister to argue with. Your kids and (potential) grandkids deserve better. Surely, you're both better than this? Such a shame. :(
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Wasn't the one son briefly in Emmerdale?

One was in Emmerdale and the other has his own band.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

I don't really know. I've only ever heard I'm In The Mood For Dancing and I can't say it has ever inspired me to check out any other songs they've ever done. They sound like they were a very bland middle-of-the-road group suited to Saturday night light entertainment or variety shows.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Thank you OP for start this thread, sadly I am Daily Mirror reader, but last few days with Coleen Noren stories was so argh!!

And I read today's and one thing got my goat was this piece;

Relations started to get frosty between myself, Anne and Denise in 2006 when I was commuting up and down to London to do Loose Women. Anne offered to help Ray look after our daughter Ciara and they ended up having a row. Ray had been helping Anne’s daughters get into showbusiness but when they decided to give up their ambitions and take nine to five jobs, he couldn’t hide his disappointment.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/coleen-nolan-reveals-family-rift-3224908#ixzz2vambONpZ

So what? Is getting into showbusiness better than normal jobs? :confused:
    Coleen has always come across as thick and deluded though so this doesn't surprise me in the least. Can remember years ago when the topic of discussion on Loose Women was students' protest against the introduction of tuition fees and her response to it as a panellist was that it didn't affect her so she wasn't really bothered. This from a mother of 3! In other words, she had/has no intention of encouraging any of her children to go the academic route and work in regular jobs. I went from being indifferent to her to having to switch over whenever she was on. Ignoramous.
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Coleen has always come across as thick and deluded though so this doesn't surprise me in the least. Can remember years ago when the topic of discussion on Loose Women was students' protest against the introduction of tuition fees and her response to it as a panellist was that it didn't affect her so she wasn't really bothered. This from a mother of 3! In other words, she had/has no intention of encouraging any of her children to go the academic route and work in regular jobs. I went from being indifferent to her to having to switch over whenever she was on. Ignoramous.

I always felt the same about Coleen. Sometimes I'm at home when LW is on and maybe watch bits of it. Believe it or not they have sometimes had some quite intelligent guests on. I noticed a long time ago that When anything interesting is being talked about Coleen always interrupts with some 'proud to be thick' kind of comment. You'd think that as a parent and supposed role model she would be a bit more open minded to something a bit educational. She was the same in BB. Very proud that she was in the company of very young men whose idea of entertainment was showing their bums.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    I always felt the same about Coleen. Sometimes I'm at home when LW is on and maybe watch bits of it. Believe it or not they have sometimes had some quite intelligent guests on. I noticed a long time ago that When anything interesting is being talked about Coleen always interrupts with some 'proud to be thick' kind of comment. You'd think that as a parent and supposed role model she would be a bit more open minded to something a bit educational. She was the same in BB. Very proud that she was in the company of very young men whose idea of entertainment was showing their bums.

That was a standout moment for me:D Kemp whiteknighting in to tell them how rude & disrespectful they were (it wasn't an ass it was an ass-hole, ass fine, hole no go, LOL), HAM possibly agreeing they went a bit far and 'respect, enuf said all round' only for Colleen to turn round and say 'it didn't bother me, I thought it was quite funny'. That was funny for so many reasons. It still amuses me that Colleen is an agony aunt.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One was in Emmerdale and the other has his own band.

https://twitter.com/RixtonOfficial

Apparently making waves in USA . He is Jake Roche (which just found out is Shane's real surname). I think you can tell which one he is as he looks like a mizture of Coleen and Shane
    Forum Member
    I don't really know. I've only ever heard I'm In The Mood For Dancing and I can't say it has ever inspired me to check out any other songs they've ever done. They sound like they were a very bland middle-of-the-road group suited to Saturday night light entertainment or variety shows.

Those were the times. Amongst the New Wave stuff there was plenty of pop of the light entertainment "variety" (if you'll pardon the pun) around. The Dooleys, Three Degrees, Bucks Fizz....The Nolans used to sing live on TOTP, which most acts didn't do. Don't Make Waves, Attention To Me, Chemistry, Gotta Pull Myself Together, are all catchy well-written pop tunes, I think anyway. Not so much a fan of I'm In The Mood For Dancing, mostly because at the time you heard it everywhere.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only Nolan I liked was Bernie - she was a proper lady with class and warmth. Not like the others
    Never could stand any of them, except Bernie (and I'm not saying that because she's gone, I've always thought the same) from the start.
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Bernie was always my favourite....and I think most peoples' out of the sisters. She was clearly the most talented and very likeable with it. Ray Fensome does come across as a bit of a tool.

Bernie was a beautiful talented lady who had more about her than all her sisters had collectively.

May she rest in peace away from her nasty troublemaking siblings.:cry:
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    JohnHughes wrote: »
    I've often thought the same about the Nolans. They're always having public bickering sessions and come across as really bitter and unforgiving.

All siblings have fallouts, of course, but keep it in the family - it's no one elses business.

I believe Coleen is promoting her latest book (YAWN) and that is why she is all over the place discussing her family, her marriage, her fears regarding her marriage to Ray, etc etc etc etc..... It seems the most important thing is to flog the book, no matter what kind of family "dirty laundry" has to be aired in public. We had the article after article about her sister's death from cancer. Even down to a discription of Linda's last moment which I found particularly distasteful. It seems today Money is King, Coleen will discuss anything even a teenage abortion to sell a book.

She wrote in her article in the Mirror that she was disturbed by Ray working with Rick Ashley and going on tour as she was afraid he would cheat on her. Never acknowledging all the support he gave her when she was working in London on This Morning etc.

She criticised her colleagues on Loose Women in various articles, complaining that nobody came to support her when she was on Dancing on Ice etc, how they were not friends and she had to leave due to the atmosphere etc and merrily returned, smiling away back on the Loose Women panel as though she had never said a word against the programe.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Those were the times. Amongst the New Wave stuff there was plenty of pop of the light entertainment "variety" (if you'll pardon the pun) around. The Dooleys, Three Degrees, Bucks Fizz....The Nolans used to sing live on TOTP, which most acts didn't do. Don't Make Waves, Attention To Me, Chemistry, Gotta Pull Myself Together, are all catchy well-written pop tunes, I think anyway. Not so much a fan of I'm In The Mood For Dancing, mostly because at the time you heard it everywhere.

Well I wasn't even born when The Nolans were releasing music but I've heard I'm In The Mood For Dancing on TV and in shops. I wasn't too keen on it. Were a lot of those light entertainment pop acts popular at the time? I know that Bucks Fizz won Eurovision in 1981, but what about the others you mentioned?
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Everything I've ever read about the infamous Ray makes me dislike him. Coleen even said yesterday that he resented her two sons success in showbusiness. He sounds like a right childish arse and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was responsible for the original fall out.

I also feel so sorry for Coleen's kids having to read the gory details of the mothers sex life.

It will sell her book and that is the important thing. I do not know how Z listers like Coleen actually manage to buy huge mansions in Cheshire or where-ever she lives and have a glamorous lifestyle when she is only doing Loose Women a few times a week, has not had a song out for years, gave up her job on This Morning and writes a daft agony aunt section for the Mirror. I guess it is from her biography books (does anyone actually buy them) and her dieting advice and DVDs!! LOL.
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/coleen-nolan-reveals-could-affair-3221665 more meaningless sh!te from Coleen, why does anybody need to know this absolute rubbish? I would be embarrassed if she was a relative of mine.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is an increasing unpleasantness about Coleen. She has never had much in the way of talent or star presence in her own right, other than being introduced as a 'Nolan Sister'.

No surprises she has another book to promote and if that means badmouthing her sisters (again) then so be it, or so it appears.

You can't choose your family and if they don't get on, then they don't get on - that happens in families, unfortunately - but she has a choice in whether she continues to air all this dirty laundry.
    Forum Member
    Well I wasn't even born when The Nolans were releasing music but I've heard I'm In The Mood For Dancing on TV and in shops. I wasn't too keen on it. Were a lot of those light entertainment pop acts popular at the time? I know that Bucks Fizz won Eurovision in 1981, but what about the others you mentioned?

Yes, pretty successful. They were never off TOTP that's for sure!

It was a weird time in music. Disco was dying but still had a fair bit of popularity, we had the beginning of the Ska/Mod revival and still artists like these very popular (Three Degrees had 3 top ten hits in 1979). Actualy Bucks Fizz was a little later, but similar in style.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    There is an increasing unpleasantness about Coleen. She has never had much in the way of talent or star presence in her own right, other than being introduced as a 'Nolan Sister'.

No surprises she has another book to promote and if that means badmouthing her sisters (again) then so be it, or so it appears.

You can't choose your family and if they don't get on, then they don't get on - that happens in families, unfortunately - but she has a choice in whether she continues to air all this dirty laundry.

I've both defended and been critical of Coleen in the past but this book release- a second autobiography- does smack of tacky. Hmmm.