In It to Win It...BBC1..

Comments

• Gary HallidayGary Halliday Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    It's edited so that the klaxon goes 30 minutes after the programme starts. Just add-in or take-out bits of chit-chat to fit.

If one person answered all their questions correctly, they would only get 20 questions, so it is not time specific, they would not carry on asking questions. As with all these shows, it is edited to fill a particular time slot with varying amounts of waffle to pad it out if necessary. What you are seeing is not "as live".
  • LordBobbinLordBobbin Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    ....and they certainly should have enough knowledge not to say that Mary, Queen of Scots was executed in 1887. You've never heard of Queen Victoria? You don't know she was the monarch for most of the 1800s? You think it was she who executed Mary, Queen of Scots?:o

Erm... I was being sarcastic with my last bit... (Hence the Blushing Smiley!) Yes, I would have thought just about everybody could have worked out that Mary Queen of Scots wasn't executed in the 19th century!! If I had been trying to engineer it so that at least one person would get a correct answer, I'd give them that question with those options.... Apparently though, even that tactic could go astray if the contestants are stupid enough!
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LordBobbin wrote: »
    Where exactly does Dale prod the guy in the back?? I've just had a look back at it on iPlayer, and Dale never gets even close to making contact with him. Nor does the chap seem to be taking cues from somebody in the audience - as somebody else here suggests. He glances at somebody to his right after he's answered, and seems to grin at them afterwards, but that could easily just have been somebody in the audience giving him a thumbs up or something...

If that really was a conspiracy, they would probably have made it look rather smoother than that.. Or maybe they would simply have given him an easy question, such as asking him about somebody from Tudor history and then making two of the three answers quite obviously wrong.... I mean, how could anyone go astray there... :blush:

I dont think he was being serious about Dale prodding him in the back, but it was me who suggested earlier it was a fix, as the guy had written off the "correct" answer completely and was trying to decide between the other 2, and a second later, for absolutely no reason what so ever, changes it to the right answer.

He glances not once, but twice, at someone to his right, and thats only what we see on camera. Was a "friend" sitting in the audience guiding him ? He even looks at the person AGAIN and smiles after winning and he lets out a big breath as if to say "phew"! To suggest it was just a random stranger in the audience giving him the thumbs up because he won is naive to say the least. Why is he looking at this random stranger just BEFORE he changes his mind to the correct answer ?

Help from the audience would be a clear breach of the rules.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe someone actually went back and checked the recording to see if Dale prodded a contestant in the back. :D:D:D
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I much prefer Who Dares Wins, and even the Secret Surprise one. In it to Win It is just awful.

I hate the way some competitors never get selected. They should all start in the line, and move back when they get one wrong. I cant think of any other quiz show where a competitor never has a chance. Even on WWTBAM they had a fastest finger first.

I hate the waffling, and the "are you sure?". They obviously tell the competitors to "think out" their answers.

Just awful.

And the answers on Saturday were some of the worst I have EVER seen. The Mary Queen of Scots answer took the Scottish shortbread.
  • LordBobbinLordBobbin Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I can't believe someone actually went back and checked the recording to see if Dale prodded a contestant in the back. :D:D:D

Almost every show this thread is populated with people wasting their time writing rants about how poor the contestants are. And every series, several of the episodes attract idiotic conspiracy theories. However, when some cretin goes to the trouble of sending a complaint in to the BBC, and uses the people on this thread to build the case against the programme, what's wrong with one or two of us taking out two minutes to test out how nutty those views are?

For example, I can now tell Pete that he's speaking blether. Once the contestant has ruled out the correct answer, he doesn't look to his right for 'guidance'. He looks to his right several times after he's given the answer, but not while he's mulling it over. Hasn't anybody changed their minds on a quiz question before??
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    If that's true, there isn't much hope for this country! :o
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    Well, personally I am shocked by the lack of general knowledge of those around myself.

A recent chat I had with the girl on a supermarket checkout on the day of the State Opening of Parliament:

(On seeing someone nearby taking a plastic bag)
    Me: "There will soon be a 5p charge for those - it's in the Queen's Speech."
    Her: "Oh, is the Queen making a speech?".

She then went on to say that when she was at University in Wales, there was already a charge there.

I'm still wondering what course she did.
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's edited so that the klaxon goes 30 minutes after the programme starts. Just add-in or take-out bits of chit-chat to fit.

Yes, thanks, I know that.
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LordBobbin wrote: »
    Almost every show this thread is populated with people wasting their time writing rants about how poor the contestants are. And every series, several of the episodes attract idiotic conspiracy theories.

Yes, it's probably some of those who rather sadly 'tale part' in quiz shows by answering questions via a forum. What on earth is the point of that when an even sadder few just google the answers? Do they get a prize?
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump for tonight, 8.20 ;-) Last in series. Will there be any more lottery quizzes before the Autumn?
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Bump for tonight, 8.20 ;-) Last in series. Will there be any more lottery quizzes before the Autumn?

Evening..

What's on next week?
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening mrb and snail :)
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening..

What's on next week?

Hi gs :-) You have one guess: