MEP says some rape victims 'share a part of the responsibility'

2»

Comments

• ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LadyCake wrote: »
    I think most men would stop if you changed your mind but this MEP obviously thinks the man who carry on are to be pitied in some way.

maybe he empathises with them for a reason:rolleyes:
  • madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    This kinda reminds me of something that happened in my school...

A mate of mine turned 16 in the November before we left school and, being a bit of a loudmouth, started going on about how he could have sex now.

A couple of months later a girl in my class also turned 16 and started to flirt with my mate.
    Eventually they decided to slope off and "do the deed" one Friday lunch-time so they could both be proper grown-ups and they both came back full of glee about how great it was.

Until all her friends found out that she'd really gone through with it.

As I said, my mate was a bit gobby so he was scampering around the school and going on about how he'd "done it" with this girl but the girls friends decided my mate wasn't good boyfriend material and they started giving her some grief about it.

The following Monday the girl had changed her story to say that she'd really only wanted to go for a snog but she couldn't stop my mate from having his wicked way with her.

At the time I recall thinking how this could get quite nasty but my mate was a little naive and his only response was to say that he didn't really want to f**k her either so as far as he was concerned he was the one who'd been raped.

It didn't take long before the teachers found out and my mate (and, I assume, the girl) found themselves being interviewed by the cops.
    After a couple of weeks, during which time several of us were also interviewed by the cops, the police decided to take no further action but the teachers still decided it'd be for the best if my mate didn't participate in any further classes until be left school that summer.

It always worries me when people immediately jump to the defence of women in these situations.
    Obviously no DOES always mean no but sometimes yes can also mean no as well, depending on how the woman feels afterwards.

Ohhh boy have you summed up something quite right there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    pickwick wrote: »
    Well, I hope he's not married :eek:

Seriously, if a women gets into a bed you share, she's consenting to sex at any time? What an ass. But he does have form for homophobia, religious bigotry and various other things...

It's bizarre, I can't figure out his way of thinking.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose rape within a marriage is the victim's fault too owing to the couple sharing a bed.

Seriously, anyone who voted for these shower of pricks need their head checking. Even neanderthals had more respect for women. I detest the Tories so much.