Options

Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

Comments

• Options
    Lazlo WolfLazlo Wolf Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    We have screencaps of the trailer coming in.

Place your bets. Is it ? ..or isn't it ?

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2710/cap3026325.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3756/cap3007917.jpg

He's got an ear-ring and he hasn't shaved. No way is that the First Doctor.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    While Time Lords probably do age slower than humans in the case of Mels she would have to age the same as humans as otherwise the scenes in Lets Kill Hitler make no sense.

So did she age to about a 10 year old between 1970 and 1990 and then age normally once she met Amy and Rory?

River did make the comment about slowly bringing her age down the older she got but I'm really not sure Time Lords do have the power to slow down or speed up their aging whenever they want to.[/QUOT

Good Point. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

My Bet: Isn't.

Probably won't even be a reference to the similarity. :)
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    He does look an awful lot like he is...

Or perhaps that is on purpose to fool the Doctor?

You're right! He does look like Richard O'Brien in Rocky Horror! What a dastardly plot!
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen Bradleys character listed as
    Solomon
    no idea if that was from an offical source or not.

But whoever he is he isn't the First Doctor.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But what is the Vampire Recorder up to? :p
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    While Time Lords probably do age slower than humans in the case of Mels she would have to age the same as humans as otherwise the scenes in Lets Kill Hitler make no sense.

So did she age to about a 10 year old between 1970 and 1990 and then age normally once she met Amy and Rory?

River did make the comment about slowly bringing her age down the older she got but I'm really not sure Time Lords do have the power to slow down or speed up their aging whenever they want to.

The distaff sort sometimes seem to have unusual amounts of control over their appearance... thinking of Romana's regeneration antics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The distaff sort sometimes seem to have unusual amounts of control over their appearance... thinking of Romana's regeneration antics.

Good point. Perhaps Mel's did start to accelerate her age once she came to Ledworth to match Amy and Rory's growth.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    An underwhelming post, yes but, given its author, there's little strange about that. ;) (sorry - couldn't resist).

I think the next trailer might whelm you a little more as they will have had time to film in The Hanging Gardens of Babylon with a cast of thousands in 3D by then.

It's a little difficult to know why you think what you think unless you elaborate.

Just didn't thrill me. Didn't like the cowboy Wild West setting. Lots and lots of generic 'running around'. I thought it all looked quite silly, tbh. The Dalek implication was the only high point.

I'm just biding my time until Moffat and Smith b****r off.
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member

Noooooo!!! Heretic! Burn the witch. Burn him.

Lady Romanabanana was optically projecting options. NOT regenerating. Apart from when she did. And chose her appearance. Um...carry on. (stop burning Coal Hill people, my mistake. :o)
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC America once again have uploaded a better quality version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iwoRA2Cas&hd=1
  • Options
    outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    Read on GB this morning (after it was unveiled at the convention) that the TARDIS is getting
    a new wall. It has a walkway and a spiderweb thing.

Best spoiler ever, huh? :D
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But we never see Romana doing that at any other point just like we never see the Doctor grow a new hand at any other point.

It's always during a Regeneration when the body is still malleable. Mels speeding up her aging process* 20 odd years after having regenerated seems a power too far.

*seemingly without any outside mechinism such as a Lazer Screwdriver with her DNA on it involved.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strangely underwhelming.

Blimey, Kapellmeister, I thought I was the one who moaned about DW these days, but I thought it all looked great!

(Though, to be fair, I'd have thought that about anything with Rory in it :D)

Matt is just great at delivering those lines, isn't he? Just the way he said "run" made me laugh.

And no way is that the First Doctor. I'd stake my reputation on it, if I had one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    Read on GB this morning (after it was unveiled at the convention) that the TARDIS is getting
    a new wall. It has a walkway and a spiderweb thing.

Best spoiler ever, huh? :D

Ooh, a
    spiderweb thing! Little homage to The Web Planet? Or is it a Web of Fear? Or a souvenir from Metebelis III? Or a tribute to our own Webslark?
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    He does look an awful lot like he is...

Or perhaps that is on purpose to fool the Doctor?
    The first picture maybe, if it's an ancient wasted-away looking evil version. The second picture - no resemblance at all, other than it's male! :D
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    And no way is that the First Doctor. I'd stake my reputation on it, if I had one.

That's what everyone was twittering when the trailer for The Chase was aired. "No way are they expecting us to believe that's Hartnell!", everyone cried, but sure enough....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    That's what everyone was twittering when the trailer for The Chase was aired. "No way are they expecting us to believe that's Hartnell!", everyone cried, but sure enough....

Is it still 5.02 pm?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member

My first thought when I saw that was yes its a look a like playing the first Doctor, but that second image makes me think, no such luck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I've just seen the trailor any my first impressions are...Sorry, I'll let you know when I've stopped crying. Stephen Moffat, go away and stop turning this show into the "Tellytubbies on Prozac". :cry:
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joanne1938 wrote: »
    I've just seen the trailor any my first impressions are...Sorry, I'll let you know when I've stopped crying. Stephen Moffat, go away and stop turning this show into the "Tellytubbies on Prozac". :cry:
    Perhaps those are only the first episodes. I have a feeling it's going to get good during and after episode 5. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its going to have to get good when Jenna Coleman comes in, because she just can't do an "Amy" performance. I like Karen Gillan, but the "silly girl playing at being a psychotic stooge" act is ridiculous. Jenny Coleman is like Freema Agyemang, she can really act...I mean Really! I just think its a shame that Arthur Darvill wasn't allowed to flourish more, because he's very talented also.And when Jenna comes in, please Matt stop that silly grinningand jerky walking like you're stoned, you're much better than that Okay that's my Christmas wishes done:)
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps those are only the first episodes. I have a feeling it's going to get good during and after episode 5. :)

It's actually mostly footage from one episode, with a few clips from a couple of others. They only filmed a few weeks in total with no real time for post production work, and have gone to the trouble of putting this together to give the fans a bit of a treat.

This isn't a promotional trailer as such, it's too early in the day for that.

All I will say is the crowd went wild for it at the convention and they ended up showing it twice.

For what it is, it's amazingly good, imho.

Looking forward to the western episode, could be a classic.
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joanne1938 wrote: »
    Its going to have to get good when Jenna Coleman comes in, because she just can't do an "Amy" performance. I like Karen Gillan, but the "silly girl playing at being a psychotic stooge" act is ridiculous. Jenny Coleman is like Freema Agyemang, she can really act...I mean Really! I just think its a shame that Arthur Darvill wasn't allowed to flourish more, because he's very talented also.And when Jenna comes in, please Matt stop that silly grinningand jerky walking like you're stoned, you're much better than that Okay that's my Christmas wishes done:)

Is that sarcasm, or is there a "not" missing? The correct sentence should be "Freema Agyemang cannot act".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No it is my genuine, honest, impartial opinion. I won't play sides, saying either all the RTD crew or all the SM crew are the best. Nor will I criticize someone for the sake of an argument. I accept some people like Karen's performances and that some people dislike Freema's.But its my opinion, I'm keeping it. So there!:D
This discussion has been closed.