Options

I cheered on Phil when he told her some home truths!

Comments

• Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    Identity wrote: »
    Phil wanted to have Sharon around the house, partly because he loves her.

But he chucked her out, knowing full well she has nowhere else to go, because Shirley wanted him to do that. She was listening behind the door, or at least, she could hear what was being said, so he got all angry, in order not to lose Shirley.

Maybe this is because he fears she'll talk if he doesn't do as she says, but he has to understand this will go on till the end of their days. She can't ever forgive him, maybe she'll eventually forgive Ben, but not Phil, he might not be the killer, but he is very wrong in the things he has done in the cover up. Most lies were his idea in the first place.

Or maybe he wants to put up with all of this, because he does love Shirley, not like he loved Sharon, and probably still does, but that does not mean he does not care about Shirley at all.

Time will tell, but he is obviously going to be with Sharon for a bit. Hope he ends up with Shirley again in time though, they are much better fitted. Sharon should move on, not keep running back to Phil, especially since he is responsible for Dennis still being in the Square and thus being killed, even though she does't know that.
    He hadnt invited sharon back straight away. He wasnt sure what to do. It wasnt till sharon mentioned ian that he invited her back
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil did kick shirley out but he clearly struggled with it

He felt guilty. It had less to do with 'cant live without her' and more to do with his guilt, and also trying to get some normality back in the house.

I think the last 6 months has been about restoring normality when it comes between Shirely and Phil.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil is such a multi layered character his love/relationships is often fluid with woman and even with his family his got too much front to admit his wrong and all the family comes first bravo hides that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    He felt guilty. It had less to do with 'cant live without her' and more to do with his guilt, and also trying to get some normality back in the house.

I think the last 6 months has been about restoring normality when it comes between Shirely and Phil.

But he showed no guilt over it tonight.

There is still stuff after ben goes so i dont know why. I expected next weeks split to be the end for them
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im left very confused and angry at people whove lied and dragged shirley through crap the past 4 years and wassted lindas talents hope phil dies alone:(

What a pathetic post. It's not real life.

Waste of Linda's talents? She's given some great performances.

How on earth is whether Phil loves her or not, or whether they end up together a basis for whether they've wasted Linda Henry's 4 years on the show?

Before they threw her in with the Mitchell's full time she did have other stories with Heather, Denise, Kevin, her kids.

And now hopefully will come the time when her character will move away from the Mitchell's again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    What a pathetic post. It's not real life.

Waste of Linda's talents? She's given some great performances.

How on earth is whether Phil loves her or not, or whether they end up together a basis for whether they've wasted Linda Henry's 4 years on the show?

Before they threw her in with the Mitchell's full time she did have other stories with Heather, Denise, Kevin, her kids.

And now hopefully will come the time when her character will move away from the Mitchell's again.
    Wasted shirleys character and made her a doormat/mug she couldve been a legend and had her own storylines without being wasted on the mitchells. Shes only had aamzing scenes like tonights when they were big storylines
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But he showed no guilt over it tonight
    but I'm not talking about his guilt tonight.

I'm just making an observarion on what I see.

After he threw Shirely out first time - he did feel guilty but he struggled because the there was no structure in the house before. He needed Shirely back to restore that in order for the family to move past the Heather stuff.

It's Ben. It will always be about Ben.

Phil doesn't have this deep love for Shirely where he will do anything to keep her with him. She's just another love interest, whom he does care for, but not enough to mourn. There is a reason why he had an affair with Glenda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    but I'm not talking about his guilt tonight.

I'm just making an observarion on what I see.

After he threw Shirely out first time - he did feel guilty but he struggled because the there was no structure in the house before. He needed Shirely back to restore that in order for the family to move past the Heather stuff.

It's Ben. It will always be about Ben.

Phil doesn't have this deep love for Shirely where he will do anything to keep her with him. She's just another love interest, whom he does care for, but not enough to mourn. There is a reason why he had an affair with Glenda.
    Are you aerious? He has done everything to keep her there. He never let her go once even when she begged him to stop it multiple times
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cos ofher people told me he loves her! Other peopl i talk to keep saying he does. Why do they believe it ? Even after tonight someone pmd me saying he still loves shirley

Corrr this is more dramatic than the actual show :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Corrr this is more dramatic than the actual show :D

Im baffled why people still think he does.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really dislike Sharon. Always have.:o I seem to be in the minority though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasted shirleys character and made her a doormat/mug she couldve been a legend and had her own storylines without being wasted on the mitchells. Shes only had aamzing scenes like tonights when they were big storylines

I think it was the opposite they've not wasted her character at all, Shirley is finally coming into her own, she showing her strength and seeing the truth instead of being treated like a mug and hopefully after her break they will show a new Shirley who can blend together with other characters other then Phil.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Everything Phil said and did tonight was because he loves Ben, and like Grant before him he will put Ben before any woman.

You and I get Phil. I am not sure the 'Sharon is the love of Phils life' brigade do.

Kathy, Sharon, Shirley will all come and go but it was Grant and Ben who are the main loves of Phils life. Maybe Jamie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    I think it was the opposite they've not wasted her character at all, Shirley is finally coming into her own, she showing her strength and seeing the truth instead of being treated like a mug and hopefully after her break they will show a new Shirley who can blend together with other characters other then Phil.

She shouldve done that when he had the affair. Its just same old same old
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Mona, what are you actually going to do with your life when Phil/Shirley are over and you can't take part in pointless, online debates about them anymore? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you aerious? He has done everything to keep her there. He never let her go once even when she begged him to stop it multiple times

Ok, now I have no idea what your referring to. :confused:
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    And another bloody thread hijacked.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You and I get Phil. I am not sure the 'Sharon is the love of Phils life' brigade do.

Kathy, Sharon, Shirley will all come and go but it was Grant and Ben who are the main loves of Phils life. Maybe Jamie.

I agree with this...family will ALWAYS come above any woman in Phil's life.

But, if you had to pick Sharon, Kathy, Shirley, Lisa and all the other woman he's been with as the one he loved and cared for the most I'd pick Sharon.
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cos ofher people told me he loves her! Other peopl i talk to keep saying he does. Why do they believe it ? Even after tonight someone pmd me saying he still loves shirley

I'm not saying this to be mean - I know you take this very seriously - but in some ways you do leave yourself open to ridicule by being so blatant about your hopes and dreams, your thoughts and feelings, for these fictional characters and their storylines. Whilst I'm sure some of the people who talk to you in the terms you say are being totally sincere, I can't help wondering if others are deliberately having a bit of a laugh at your expense, knowing you'll bite, and knowing that it will leave you confused and bewildered when it all plays out in the opposite ways.

I really hope that's not the case, but your mindset when it comes to Phil and Shirley (and/or the actors themselves) is not a secret, and it makes you an easy target for wind-up merchants. It's something I've seen on other threads on here - people pretending to care, pretending to be 'on side', only to start laughing at a particular poster's expense when it all goes the other way. It's not nice, but because no one's actually being rude or abusive, it's not always easy to spot - especially if you're the one who's invested so much of themselves in the subject at hand, as you have clearly done.

Hopefully I'm wrong...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok, now I have no idea what your referring to. :confused:

He tried to stop her leaving with vinnie. He chased her around fhe live eps to get her back, he went back to her after the drug stuff. He begged her to stay after the glenda affair and he begged her to come back after the split after the murder, why bother begging someone you dont love?
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

I don't see how you can say that. The tearing apart of the Mitchell family and the betrayal of Shirley by the people she loves has given her a prominence on the show that others must envy. She has been outstanding and well deserves an award.
    No soppy love story could compare to what we have been watching this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But she is in love with him its almost obsessive even though she knows deep down it ain't mutual as such, she is the glue that holds the family together after Peggy left she was the only mother figure to do that, sometimes people will ignore the bad and just focus on the fantasy then the reality of whats happening around them.

Both Phil and Shirley are lost souls in that retrospect they've f-up in both their lives when it concerns there kids and love life so its almost normal for them to try and make amends like second chance for them to do it again but Phil will always choose his flesh and blood over any women or person and more importantly he will do what best suit him, what Phil wants always comes first, his incredibly selfish in that respect.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member

I very much agree with this. I'm not sure that phil is capable of real love, he certainly doesn't seem capable of expressing it in a healthy or constructive way. Even this protection of ben I think has more to do with ownership, Ben being a reflection of him and the Mitchell name than his long term best interests. The best thing to do was get ben professsional, medical help and that has been clear for a very long time. Grant, ben, peggy, Sam will always win out but even family comes second to his own selfish needs, setting fire to the vic, stealing Roxy's money, sleeping with his sister in law.

Turning Sharon away was done purely to reassure Shirley to convince her they had a future and therefore stop her goiing to the Police. And I've said many times that Phil just likes having a woman around to deal with the emotional and practical needs of raising children and teens - he did it with lisa and Jamie, Kate and lou and now Shirley and Ben and Jay. Let's not forget they only started living together in the first place to demonstrate a stable home life to get custody of louise. She's always been a means to and end plus he obviously likes having a bed partner on tap. He cares for her after a fashion but it's not love.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He tried to stop her leaving with vinnie. He chased her around fhe live eps to get her back, he went back to her after the drug stuff. He begged her to stay after the glenda affair and he begged her to come back after the split after the murder, why bother begging someone you dont love?

Because Phil doesn't want to be alone and Shirely is conveinient for him.

I never said he didn't love Shirely because somewhere in that miserable heart of his, I think he does. I just don't think he loves her enough. Never has and because he doesn't it won't be enough to keep them together. This is what I mean about them not being an epic love. The character, and writing for them doesn't convince me that they are a couple who should, actually correction - need to be together.

They are not a Sharon and Dennis, or a Christian and Syed or a Pat and Frank.

They can and will eventually move on from each other.
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I don't see how you can say that. The tearing apart of the Mitchell family and the betrayal of Shirley by the people she loves has given her a prominence on the show that others must envy. She has been outstanding and well deserves an award.
    No soppy love story could compare to what we have been watching this week.

Exactly. This is far more complex and interesting than some saccharine love story.

Life isn't black and white and it's the shades in between that make things interesting. The idea that the whole thing is 'pointless' if Phil doesn't love Shirley is absurd.