New Red Dwarf X - Ep 1 Trojan

Just watching this, I had low expectations, but I am actually laughing - I will never look at a moose or a swedish person the same way again!

Anyone else enjoying this too?

Comments

• lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying it too :)
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I think it's really good so far

Though they have seem to have gone for the cheap version of Kryten's mask which may take me a bit to get used to but even that I have no real problems with
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed it hope the rest of the series is to this standard. Really loved the stuff about the moose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Not one of the best Red Dwarf episodes by any means but better than almost anything from VII, VIII and IX. Good but not great. Hoping the other episodes are better.
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was really good.

Thanks Dave.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good opening episode, just hope the series carries on in the same way
  • BrettBrett Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The moose scene was very funny, long may it continue
  • snakecharmer37snakecharmer37 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I am grinning here like a Cheshire cat. After all the rumors, then all the waiting, I must say it was worth it. Great start to what I hope will be a great series. The lads seem to be in top form, this is how Red Dwarf should be. Only thing missing is Holly, but we can't have everything.
    Long may it continue :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thursday nights are going to be good nights to stay in!
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boys from the Dwarf... welcome back.

I'll be a Dave loyalist one day.
  • DuncanEmeryDuncanEmery Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Found it good better than I thought it might be. - it was not brilliant but very watchable - pity no Holly but looks like that might be addressed next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Really solid start. There's something very funny about pig racing.
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not quite classic Dwarf, but pretty good none the less:

"your brain is smaller than the salad section in a Scottish supermarket" :)
  • BrettBrett Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's 1971. A Swedish man is hurt in a road accident. No medical condition, no problem with his car. What caused it?
  • originalrobskioriginalrobski Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    hey ho pip and dandy :)

made me grin and laugh. exactly as it should do.

Thankfully, the boys are back, and it seems, on form :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oooh I hate lateral thinking questions ;)
  • TheBezzaTheBezza Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Brett wrote: »
    It's 1971. A Swedish man is hurt in a road accident. No medical condition, no problem with his car. What caused it?
    I'm no good at lateral thinking questions :(
    :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    You?! But you were an UTTER T*W*A*T!!!!!
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the best episode but very good. It was nice to have the same format back, I loved seeing familiar titles and music (I can't remember but I don't think BTE was quite the same). It's also greatto see new technology on the bridge, I always find it ironic when futuristic sci-fi shows have viewscreens that look older than current day ones.
    Episode went really quickly so that must be a good sign. I'd have been happy to have a longer episode that could properly explore the plot but I know they've always been pretty short.
    Full marks to the casting team, thought Howard Rimmer was our Rimmer on several occasions, they really did look like brothers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    That was marvellous. It wasn't supposed to be marvellous. It was supposed to be predictably crap!

Well done all, and welcome back Dwarf!
  • pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »
    I loved seeing familiar titles and music (I can't remember but I don't think BTE was quite the same).
    One of the best things about "classic" Dwarf is how scenes are punctuated with shots of the ship etc. and the appropriate Red Dwarf instrumental cues - I think that was either missing entirely, or much reduced, in BTE and it made a noticeable difference.

A great opening episode from what I saw - unfortunately a call that I really had to take came through just before and therefore I missed the first ten minutes! Argh! But based on what I did see, some great gags, genuine laugh out loud moments (Cat "getting" the lateral thinking question was genius) and a return to the feel of the glory days really made this feel like a welcome and worthwhile return. I have high hopes for the rest of the series based on tonight's, but even if the rest are shite we've still got one new episode that can hold its head high amongst the "classic" episodes of RD.
  • DoctorbDoctorb Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 3 and 6 are supposed to be the stand out episodes, but if the rest are to the standard of this one, this series may be up there with the classics.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    This gets the Gordie seal of approval.:D
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    The Dave website is getting hammered, I just want to watch the episode. :p