Options

Dodgy stuff off the back of a van?

2»

Comments

• Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if they're selling the stuff they've nicked from the small family run shop down the street? Or stuff that's been taken from people's homes in the middle of the night while they're sleeping in their beds? Sometimes the scumbags aren't just robbing 'faceless' big business. They're robbing you or people like you. But yes, whatever it takes to get by seemingly.
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    I just say "no" to dodgy vans and their 3D printers, churning out flawless copies of food, drink, medicines, clothing, ...
  • Options
    frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    tim59 wrote: »
    Is that not big companys and rich people do anyway, they use loopholes not to pay tax .Its not the little man doing the little back hander for £50 thats landed use this way when companys and people can save millions or billions by useing the tax system there the ones that goverment are to scared to take on. Untill this is stopped i will save myself every penny i can. If someone offers me a good deal i will take it. My morals are to look after my family, if that means making money go futher so be it. Same as all my drinks at xmas were got for me by the same friend, and only payed half of what it would have cost over here

So because big companies use loopholes (which I also disagree with on a moral basis) it's OK for people to trade illegally?
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    So because big companies use loopholes (which I also disagree with on a moral basis) it's OK for people to trade illegally?

Morals are a fine thing, but morals dont feed you or keep you warm,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tim59 wrote: »
    Morals are a fine thing, but morals dont feed you or keep you warm,

But we're not talking about food or warmth. We're talking about people buying fake goods (or the real deal that's been stolen) or people not paying tax on cash in hand work.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    People still buy dodgy DVD copies? Thought that died in about 2005 with the rise of the internet download

I think they do a bit but I know someone who used to sell them but he told me that since Broadband came out and it's easier for everybody to do their own or has a relative or close freind who will do them for free it's not worth it any more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have friends who still buy DVDs, hence my question.