Series 8 Confirmed

13»

Comments

• Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    alixfowler wrote: »
    Jenna will return but we don't know which version of Clara or even if she is Clara at all so I don't think it gives anything away in that respect. Though as I said earlier they can't really mention Matt or it might give something away.

Well the only confirmation of Jenna in series 8 came from Jenna. The BBC haven't made ant announcement yet about any of it. Moffat was the one who confirmed series 8. He did not confirm any cast.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Well the only confirmation of Jenna in series 8 came from Jenna. The BBC haven't made ant announcement yet about any of it. Moffat was the one who confirmed series 8. He did not confirm any cast.

Marcus Wilson, Doctor Who producer, confirmed it.
    Forum Member
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Marcus Wilson, Doctor Who producer, confirmed it.

Jenna confirmed it initially. He was part of the interview yes. Still, missing my point though, the BBC and Moffat haven't confirmed any cast themselves, so there's no real grounds to s
    assume Matt isn't in it yet. If Moffat or the BBC confirmed Jenna, then it would give ground to raise suspicion about if he's coming back.

I think you misunderstood my post though initially. I'm not saying Jenna is not officially back due to that, just pointing out that Jenna openly confirmed her status only, Matt only says that he takes it year by year. Hope that clears it up for you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ok well I hope Jenna is back whether it's as Clara or another version of the same character
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Really glad to see it's getting another series, especially considering the general negativity surrounding 7b here. I think it's been a OK series thus far, but it reminds me a bit of Tennant's last year of specials. A bit hit and miss. We've only had one true duffer imo (Rings of Whathaveyou).
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ncr1969 wrote: »
    Does the BBC know there's definitely a series 8 though?.

They do but its been leaked by BBC America. :p
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm the only person who, when Moffat says something is absolutely, definitely honestly happening thinks "OK - I'll just wait and see"?

No, I'm with you on that.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Kal_El wrote: »
    Really glad to see it's getting another series, especially considering the general negativity surrounding 7b here. I think it's been a OK series thus far, but it reminds me a bit of Tennant's last year of specials. A bit hit and miss. We've only had one true duffer imo (Rings of Whathaveyou).

Or if you cross your eyes and tilt your head a little less to the side, the general positivity surrounding 7b here. If there's one clear thing that can be said, it's that there's nothing even resembling a consensus.
    Forum Member
    Or if you cross your eyes and tilt your head a little less to the side, the general positivity surrounding 7b here. If there's one clear thing that can be said, it's that there's nothing even resembling a consensus.

Well my family and friends enjoyed 7b so far, so maybe the 30 of us are in a minority then....

The only negativity I've noticed about it is here in the forum, so maybe this is more the minority ;)
    Forum Member
    Jenna confirmed it initially. He was part of the interview yes. Still, missing my point though, the BBC and Moffat haven't confirmed any cast themselves, so there's no real grounds to s
    assume Matt isn't in it yet. If Moffat or the BBC confirmed Jenna, then it would give ground to raise suspicion about if he's coming back.

I think you misunderstood my post though initially. I'm not saying Jenna is not officially back due to that, just pointing out that Jenna openly confirmed her status only, Matt only says that he takes it year by year. Hope that clears it up for you

I'm with you on the Matt thing. Moffat hasn't indicated one way or the other to what extent Matt will be involved, if at all. But that's slightly different than for Jenna who had her involvement confirmed officially by Wilson in his capacity as producer of Doctor Who on a national radio interview. Moffat not mentioning the cast yesterday doesn't undo that official confirmation

There are, of course, people who insist on things coming out in official press releases before allowing them any validity at all. As if these things are like The Queens Speech at parliament. Bit if that's the case then Moffat saying something would have no more or less validity than Wilson, Coleman, Smith or anyone else who isn't the official in charge of press releases.
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can it please be just one run? No spreading it out and cutting it in half.

Splitting it hasn't damaged the show and it hasn't done anything to help it either, all it's done is make fans wait and annoy people.
    Forum Member
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    I'm with you on the Matt thing. Moffat hasn't indicated one way or the other to what extent Matt will be involved, if at all. But that's slightly different than for Jenna who had her involvement confirmed officially by Wilson in his capacity as producer of Doctor Who on a national radio interview. Moffat not mentioning the cast yesterday doesn't undo that official confirmation

There are, of course, people who insist on things coming out in official press releases before allowing them any validity at all. As if these things are like The Queens Speech at parliament. Bit if that's the case then Moffat saying something would have no more or less validity than Wilson, Coleman, Smith or anyone else who isn't the official in charge of press releases.

My point wasn't about the validity of Jenna, but more that rather than it coming from the BBC or Moff, it came from her, Wilson confirmed it cos it was an interview with the 2 of them together, so obviously cat out of the bag. It wasn't even an official announcement, just part of an interview. Jenna or Wilson did not indicate about Matt one way or the other.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16caerhos wrote: »
    Can it please be just one run? No spreading it out and cutting it in half.

Afraid the BBC seem to like 6 week runs for dramas - not sure why they have such short seasons but a lot of shows do now. I can't see this changing now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    Afraid the BBC seem to like 6 week runs for dramas - not sure why they have such short seasons but a lot of shows do now. I can't see this changing now

2 series out of 7, and the latest one has been 8 episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 series out of 7, and the latest one has been 8 episodes.

but not 8 episodes in 8 weeks

And I was referring to the fact that they do this with a lot of other shows. It seems to be the way they block out their calendars
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    but not 8 episodes in 8 weeks

Yes, 8 episodes in 8 weeks.

And until series 6 it was 13 episodes in 13 weeks.

6 used to be quite standard but there doesn't seem to be a fixed rule any more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

oh aye, you're right
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dammit you picked my typo up before I went back to fix it lol.

My pleasure. ;)
    Forum Member
    My point wasn't about the validity of Jenna, but more that rather than it coming from the BBC or Moff, it came from her, Wilson confirmed it cos it was an interview with the 2 of them together, so obviously cat out of the bag. It wasn't even an official announcement, just part of an interview. Jenna or Wilson did not indicate about Matt one way or the other.

Just because it was in an interview doesn't make it less official. He's a Producer there to chaperone Jenna in an arranged interview that was specifically about Doctor Who. It wasn't some unexpected question out of nowhere and Jenna blurted something secret and awkward. If it was off topic she would have been given clear guidance to avoid. Wilson was happy to confirm because it probably isn't that big of a deal. What they were wary of was straying into talk about Matt's involvement or specific schedules.

edit: but forgot to say - I'm just splitting hairs here. I do of course agree with you that we can't tell anything about Matt's involvement yet. Jenna's interview didn't mean anything about Matt either. We have to wait for something else - which in all probability will be an official press release or official , formal, statement by Matt or Moffat.
    Forum Member
    Well my family and friends enjoyed 7b so far, so maybe the 30 of us are in a minority then....

The only negativity I've noticed about it is here in the forum, so maybe this is more the minority ;)

AI ratings have been good. I've really enjoyed 7 a and b. There's some question mark over viewing figures (overnights I think) but the jury is out for the time being on those.

There's always,negativity in episode reviews because people go into more detail about grumbles.

There is of course negativity about the PR for the show and the split, lack of info about series 8 and the debacle over the way the anniversary episode info was leaked at a toy fair. etc. Bu that's not necessarily complaints about the enjoyment of episodes. Just the way the BBC go about making the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other news, as Moffat confirms that night follows day, the sun rises in the east and that the Earth orbits the sun, some posters on DS openly question this public statement.

:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member

6 used to be quite standard but there doesn't seem to be a fixed rule any more.

Nothing new. In cash strapped early 70s 13 episode runs of Dads Army became two mini series six months apart...

Then series were reduced to just 6 a year, with (for very different reasons to WHO) gap years.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In other news, as Moffat confirms that night follows day, the sun rises in the east and that the Earth orbits the sun, some posters on DS openly question this public statement.

:p

I'd certainly get a bit nervous just before sunrise. :p
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always knew there would be a series 8,when it comes on,what time & who's in it doesn't bother me..the good news is an 8th series is happening..good enough for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd certainly get a bit nervous just before sunrise. :p

Hahaha! :D