Peep Show Series 8 (Starts Sun 25th Nov, C4 10:00pm)

Comments

• far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    The Gerrard shirt cake had me rolling around :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    it has defintely come back with a bang xD. loved it
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Aren't they mostly dark in nature? Like the one were they eat the dog lol

Lol yeah. But there's dark humour and there's black humour! Loved it though, death was something they haven't really touched on apart from jeremy's uncle, and he only pretended to be sad about that to get a handjob lol
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    Lol yeah. But there's dark humour and there's black humour! Loved it though, death was something they haven't really touched on apart from jeremy's uncle, and he only pretended to be sad about that to get a handjob lol

There was also Jeremy's aunt who left his mum the money that she'd promised him half of until her new boyfriend changed her mind. The same episode with 'Gunny' and Mark getting raped.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    There was also Jeremy's aunt who left his mum the money that she'd promised him half of until her new boyfriend changed her mind. The same episode with 'Gunny' and Mark getting raped.

I forgot about that :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty good, that. Some of the lengthier monologues felt a bit 'Peep Show by numbers' and Johnson's eulogy wasn't very funny but there were plenty to chuckle about here, even if it didn't provide any deep belly laughs.

You only have to watch the dreadful Kookyville to see the quality of PS's writers.
  • ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderfully dark with some great moments. Saying that though, it did seem rather rushed and didn't flow that well, they could have easily spread the episode over 2 or 3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Amazing episode, I can't wait for the next one :D
  • Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Wake cake lol loved it hahaah
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Loved seeing Johnson!!! :D Great episode.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, the co-creator has said on Twitter that there'll be no more Johnson this series :(

Brilliant episode though. One of the funniest for a while :D
  • 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Brilliant episode though. One of the funniest for a while :D
    Well, yes, it's been a while since any episode! :D
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to have it back. This seemed a return to form, after what I thought was a fairly disappointing last series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    "I love that Dobby's around more, now I just need to get her locked down like Fritzl"

and

"I think it'll be okay...or do you think he's trying to kill all of my offspring? Like Herod?"

Had me in stitches, infact pretty much all of the episode was hilarious. Great to have it back!
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marks baby hasnt grown much in the interim.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    Marks baby hasnt grown much in the interim.

Although there's usually a year to 2 years between series it's never that long in Peep Show world. A few weeks or months at most. :D
  • CatWolfCatWolf Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Classic episode. so many laughs - the Fritzel lockdown..lol
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That curry scene totally summed up Mark & Jez's relationship, from passive/aggressive to aggressive/aggressive back to passive/aggressive again... "you bastard."

Brilliant comeback episode, I can't remember laughing that much at all during the last series...
  • J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a brilliant episode, absolutely loved it !

Mark was at his absolute best

Johnson was Johnson :D

Jez was brilliant

Superhans helping Mark get a job :eek:

Dobby has some brilliant lines

No Sophie is a bonus

To anyone who comes here and says that episode was not up to previous or moans about it any way

its not peep show its you! your sense of humour needs a retune :D
  • J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    "I love that Dobby's around more, now I just need to get her locked down like Fritzl"

and

"I think it'll be okay...or do you think he's trying to kill all of my offspring? Like Herod?"

Had me in stitches, infact pretty much all of the episode was hilarious. Great to have it back!

only Mark and Peep Show could get laughs out of Fritzl and Herod :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just pre-ordered the Series 8 DVD as it apparently gets released on Boxing Day.
  • fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. I liked it but didn't love it but I haven't enjoyed the last few series as much as the first 1-3 anyway. Not massively keen on Dobbie anymore, I think Peep Show just works better when the secondary characters stay that - as soon as they start to become part of Mark / Jeremy's world I don't think it works so well. Same thing happened with Sophie, I loved her initially but as soon as her and Mark got together she became different, almost like they weren't sure what to do with her character.

Still, a less-than-average Peep Show is still much better than most other things on the tele so I'll still be tuning in each week.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the co-creator has said on Twitter that there'll be no more Johnson this series :(

I love Johnson, shame they couldn't get him for more than just one scene in 6 episodes. Oh well, I'll just have to dig out my DVD's for more Johnson awesomeness.
  • fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    I love Johnson, shame they couldn't get him for more than just one scene in 6 episodes. Oh well, I'll just have to dig out my DVD's for more Johnson awesomeness.

They're all on 4OD as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iv been watching on Dave, think thier on seires 5 now?? Also watching the new series as well - thiers a lot in the middle i have missed out on, like mark and sophie having a baby but i dont do waiting and if i waited for Dave to catch up itd take forever!