Options

Time to get rid of the two old fogeys

scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
Forum Member
✭✭
The more I see Osbourne and Walsh together on the judging panel the stronger I feel that they shouldn't be there and that they contribute nothing good to the show.

All Walsh does is recycle the same few sentences over and over and as for Osbourne, I just don't understand why she's actually there.

The two of them need to be dumped and replaced by people who have real relevance to current music and can actually make sense.

They're starting to remind me of that pair of old gits in the Muppet Show.

Comments

• Options
    DomestosDomestos Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    Love them
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon's got more personality in her little finger than Gary borelow has in his while body! He's the only old fogey on the panel.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are both very funny together
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love them - think they work well together.

I'm glad Sharon is back for this series.
  • Options
    EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon is totally off her head and is unpredictable, and she's amazing! I always love watching her, even though she makes me cringe. She's brilliant. And I've always had a soft spot for Louis.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more I see Osbourne and Walsh together on the judging panel the stronger I feel that they shouldn't be there and that they contribute nothing good to the show.

All Walsh does is recycle the same few sentences over and over and as for Osbourne, I just don't understand why she's actually there.

The two of them need to be dumped and replaced by people who have real relevance to current music and can actually make sense.

Nice analogy....and totally on the money, they're both a waste of space and airtime, with nothing to contribute to any sort of musical discussion..

Walsh is happy to describe performances, as "faultless," which were anything but..

Osbourne is just off the map..

Rich
    x
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show would be terribly dull with 4 Garys being earnest all the time. It was bad enough with Tulisa trying to be oh-so-credible all the time.

They're fairly bad mentors, and I generally feel sorry for talented contestants who get put in their categories, but they make the show much more amusing to watch.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Calling them "old fogeys" is pretty ironic since "fogey" is pretty much an archaic term. I've never been keen on Louis but it isn't the X Factor without him on the panel :D and Sharon has been fabulous this season.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    Sharon's got more personality in her little finger than Gary borelow has in his while body! He's the only old fogey on the panel.

She used to have personality - this year she talks like she's 5 years old.

Gary is the professional on the panel - he's always taken it seriously. The others say the weirdest things at times. Except Louis who you can predict what he's going to say.
  • Options
    valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »

I enjoy Sharon but seriously Gary is the only one that has music in his blood, as his career shows. I think he's excellent as a judge & the show has been lucky to have him. He's a very busy man.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon is just a pantomime dame and a complete caricature who will say anything she's told to for headlines.
    Louis is stuck in a world where bland boybands for people who don't really like music rule the airwaves and the power ballad is king.
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    X Factor equals The OAP show. Louis and Sharon with Barlow an OAP in his manner and thought.

Where is the youth?

Cannot stand Sharon.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Sharon
  • Options
    I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My heart sank when I heard Sharon was coming back, I don't find her funny, or relevant or necessary . Of course you need diversity on the panel and as much as I love Gary and his honesty, 4 Gary's would be ridiculous. But one Sharon is one too many, IMO.

Louis I can take or leave, but I prefer him to not be SO's sidekick.

xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if she'll be in trouble for her repeated paed-e-ophile remarks. I'm guessing not as it's on catch up. She's bonkers. Louis is irrelevant.
  • Options
    lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love them. Gary has been much more likable with Sharon sitting next to him. Sharon and Louis, breath life into the show.
  • Options
    HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of the lot of them and reinstate the judging panel from Pop Idol is what I say.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    I think they are both very funny together

The show isn't about them.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junnja wrote: »
    The show isn't about them.

Did I say it was? :confused:
    I SAID they are funny together
    The thread isn't about the show, it's about Louis and Sharon
  • Options
    swan007swan007 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Evannah wrote: »
    Sharon is totally off her head and is unpredictable, and she's amazing! I always love watching her, even though she makes me cringe. She's brilliant. And I've always had a soft spot for Louis.

^^ this

Plus I really like Gary and Nicole. I love this set of judges.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Did I say it was? :confused:
    I SAID they are funny together
    The thread isn't about the show, it's about Louis and Sharon

I never said you did. But my point is, it doesn't matter whether they're funny together or not. Whether they're good or crap. It's nothing to do with the show. They could leave tomorrow, and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

The programme still has to do what it does regardless of who the judges are. Both Louis and Sharon bring nothing to the show, which is the most important thing. Sharon behaves like a child. And everything, and everyone, is 'fabulous'. And Louis is so out of touch. None of the boys are hugely talented. But they all just happen to be wee cutesy types. Predictable Walsh. That's about Louis and Sharon, not the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

haha i Iike them..they just like pulling each others strings :D
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Ageism....tends to detract from valid arguments
  • Options
    scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    Ageism....tends to detract from valid arguments

Oooooooooo

Now where's that 'holding up handbag smiley? ;)