Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaFiga wrote: »
    I don't think people are responding to the so called "controversy" of her writing - more to the fact that she is deeply unpleasant about almost everyone, and her writing is appalling, repetitive and dull.

I beg to differ BellaFiga.
    Seriously..........how many posts criticise LJ's writing style?
    Its ALWAYS about the content.

Job well done Liz.:D
  • BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her writing style is often criticised and, indeed, parodied. Although it's almost beyond parody. For someone at the top of her game, she writes a lot of shite, and shitily.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member

Hi Liz? OR Nic?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ye gods! Talk about spiteful! Jones really, really hates women, doesn't she.

Trolling for cash or not, she has earned every bit of backlash she has ever recieved. Vile human being.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love LJ's column and I love reading the 'outrage'.

I used to, but since the Fail started moderating and outright banning comments, and since La Lizard hooked up with Dscrace, the diary has just been absolute drudgery to read and I have long since given up. I just check this thread now because the people here are much cleverer and wittier than Lizard could ever hope to be.
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you'd read more than a few pages of this thread then you'd know her writing style has been roundly criticized, mimicked and parodied. Look, for example, at the comments on how the RS speaks in the same flowery tones as DScrace and even Nic. How she never uses contractions when she can increase the word count, even though it disrupts the flow to make it almost unreadable. And the hackneyed phrases - 'what are you, twelve?', 'sticky-outy skirts', 'buttery soft leather'... I could go on but frankly I don't need to, it's all here in the thread if you can be bothered to read it.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Fatsia wrote: »
    If you'd read more than a few pages of this thread then you'd know her writing style has been roundly criticized, mimicked and parodied. Look, for example, at the comments on how the RS speaks in the same flowery tones as DScrace and even Nic. How she never uses contractions when she can increase the word count, even though it disrupts the flow to make it almost unreadable. And the hackneyed phrases - 'what are you, twelve?', 'sticky-outy skirts', 'buttery soft leather'... I could go on but frankly I don't need to, it's all here in the thread if you can be bothered to read it.

"Legs forming a pretzel round my neck" :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Billiard ball smooth' ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Flange like a dried-up mouse trap".

Oh wait, I may have made that one up.
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think her writing style is often criticised and, indeed, parodied. Although it's almost beyond parody. For someone at the top of her game, she writes a lot of shite, and shitily.

Indeed. Her 'writing' is puerile, juvenile, repetitive and usually consists of mostly incoherent brain dumps of whatever nonsense is going through her single semi-functioning brain cell when she sits down to 'write'. Her grammar is pretty bad too. She may be attempting to sound like Carrie Wotserface from that dreadful ancient programme she's always going on about - I have never read Ms Wotserface's 'work', so can't say for sure. I AM sure that my 7-year old nephew has more writing talent than La Lizard Loca. He at least does not tell vile lies about his family and/or friends.

She never gives a 'gift' without trumpeting it in the Dreary, and expecting that the recipient will henceforth be hers, body and soul. She is lower than the lowest louse. I feel dirty to think that we are, supposedly, members of the same species.
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lilaeth wrote: »
    Indeed. Her 'writing' is puerile, juvenile, repetitive and usually consists of mostly incoherent brain dumps of whatever nonsense is going through her single semi-functioning brain cell when she sits down to 'write'. Her grammar is pretty bad too. She may be attempting to sound like Carrie Wotserface from that dreadful ancient programme she's always going on about - I have never read Ms Wotserface's 'work', so can't say for sure. I AM sure that my 7-year old nephew has more writing talent than La Lizard Loca. He at least does not tell vile lies about his family and/or friends.

She never gives a 'gift' without trumpeting it in the Dreary, and expecting that the recipient will henceforth be hers, body and soul. She is lower than the lowest louse. I feel dirty to think that we are, supposedly, members of the same species.

Spot on Lilaeth. It truly is a sign of the times when Liz is (or at least was) the highest paid journalist in the UK. As she only does the Diary for the MoS now, and occassional another inflamatory one I don't know what her income has been reduced to. To have a fictional character as her writing idol tells you all you need to know about her journalistic credentials. I think her getting in touch with the aged baker was her attempt to recreate the 'Big' scenario with less then impressive results. That she gets paid anything at all for the repetative drivel (at least 70% of every Diary is exactly the same as previous ones) is quite an achievement but depressing for all those truly talented serious writers out there who can't get a foot in the door.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not so much "Big" as "Bake". Poor old the Scrace. At a tangent - would you eat bread made by a man who doesn't cut his nails?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would you eat bread made by a man who doesn't cut his nails?

It really is amazing he thought Lizard plugging his bakery could ever turn out in his favour....what a clueless idiot he must be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

............and LJ is criticized. :o
    Forum Member

I don't see the issue with Fatsia's comments. They are a lot more readable than the tosh LJ comes out with.
  • Mommie DearestMommie Dearest Posts: 412
    Forum Member

Pray tell - what's wrong with Fatsia's post?
    Forum Member
    Deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the issue with Fatsia's comments. They are a lot more readable than the tosh LJ comes out with.
    Pray tell - what's wrong with Fatsia's post?

Those emboldened remarks were directed at me and that is against the t&cs.

Please stick to criticizing LJ and not other posters.

Hope that clears up the confusion. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Care to elucidate? What did Fatsia say that was worthy of criticism? Or, maybe... Is that you, Liz the Lizard???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Asking you to bother reading the thread before coming in here and telling us what exactly we're criticizing? In what way is that breaking the Ts & Cs?
    Bizarre.
    Mind you, I've seen you on other threads so won't be losing any sleep over it! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I don't see the sections in bold as critical of you DiamondDoll. I think Fatsia was just explaining herself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Asking you to bother reading the thread

Shame on you Fatsia! Imagine expecting someone to read the thread before criticising the content/the content of other posters' posts (yes, I spotted that bit of 'pot, kettle, black' there!) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DiamondDoll, what are you hoping to get out of baiting us? Seems like you are on a bit of a mission with this thread. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I love LJ's column and I love reading the 'outrage'.

PS.......do you know that she is paid to be controversial and to stir up hornets' nests.
    She's due a payrise imho. :D

Of course she is. She"s only earning 500K (at her last posting). That's more than the PM and the President of the United States, but heh it's Liz.
  • amikolaichekamikolaichek Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw, come on, play nice - maybe DiamondDoll is in the Lizard's fan club (membership: 4 - Lizard herself, Nic, DiamondDoll, The Baker ... (if he hasn't run screaming for the hills by now) So ... OK, maybe the fan club is 27, if you include the 17 cats, 3 horses, 4 dogs. If I've got the numbers of animals wrong, then sorry - can't keep up with what's arrived, what's died - and I haven't included the rats she feeds with organic muesli but I imagine they'd like to be in her fan club.

Anyway, bear with me ... I have a cunning plan to help the Lizard out in reviving her frankly flagging Dreary. More later ...