Options

Identify this TV episode with a killer doll

Joe1500Joe1500 Posts: 2,653
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I vaguely remember a TV episode from the 1970s (IIRC) where a doll has come to life and at the end of the episode kills the mother and father in the living room. Does anyone know the name of this? It may have been one of the Brian Clemens Thriller series.

Comments

• Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    Joe1500 wrote: »
    I vaguely remember a TV episode from the 1970s (IIRC) where a doll has come to life and at the end of the episode kills the mother and father in the living room. Does anyone know the name of this? It may have been one of the Brian Clemens Thriller series.

It sounds like an episode of the Doctor Who story Terror of the Autons.
  • Options
    treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member

It could be an episode of The Twilight Zone called Living Doll.
  • Options
    Joe1500Joe1500 Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not Twilight Zone because it was British, and I'm fairly sure it wasn't DW.
  • Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    It's not Twilight Zone because it was British, and I'm fairly sure it wasn't DW.

Killer Doll from Doctor Who episode Terror of the Autons.

See from 2.07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArgZRfc0xj4
  • Options
    Kieran SeymourKieran Seymour Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know exactly what it was, but it's definitely not an episode of Thriller.

And one thing which goes against the Terror of the Autons suggestion is that Mrs Farrell is never even attacked by it, only her husband dies. It's not at the end of the episode, either.
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be an episode of Friday the 13th: The TV Series although that was in the 80's (on late night ITV) and is a US series - Episode 1 is about a toy doll that comes to life and kills for its owner. The Horror channel has repeated the series a few times in the last couple of years.