Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben is on weekend with aled jones on sunday at 8.30am don't miss it

We will. :)
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GMB peaked at 800,000 yesterday, BBC Breakfast 2 million according to The Sun
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    GMB peaked at 800,000 yesterday, BBC Breakfast 2 million according to The Sun

Just realised The Sun must have been referring to Wednesday as we don't yet have yesterday's figures. They seem to attribute it to the programme being presented outdoors.

According to the Ratings Thread, on Tuesday GMB had an average of 458,000 (12.6% share), BBC Breakfast 1.5 million (38.4%)
  • Options
    tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Maybe the rumours are true, the fact Susanna & Charlotte showed a bit of ankle equates to more viewers...
    Probably all those creepy people on Youtube who seem to make a career out of uploading videos of women on TV wearing 'tights', showing 'legs', showing 'cleavage' or showing 3 pixels of their 'panties' with added slow motion and zoom.
    :D
    Each to their own I suppose...
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Just realised The Sun must have been referring to Wednesday as we don't yet have yesterday's figures. They seem to attribute it to the programme being presented outdoors.

According to the Ratings Thread, on Tuesday GMB had an average of 458,000 (12.6% share), BBC Breakfast 1.5 million (38.4%)

The peak was the average in week 1 and the peak is lower than the peak in week 1.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We should all consider ourselves lucky we didn`t have to endure Susanna`s serious-face this morning crashing abruptly into a gurn as she segued into some banal shite. Still, Obama did it last night so if it`s good enough for him....!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    We should all consider ourselves lucky we didn`t have to endure Susanna`s serious-face this morning crashing abruptly into a gurn as she segued into some banal shite. Still, Obama did it last night so if it`s good enough for him....!

If British politicians could manage that imagine how successful they would be!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    We will. :)

LOL :D
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    Maybe the rumours are true, the fact Susanna & Charlotte showed a bit of ankle equates to more viewers...
    Probably all those creepy people on Youtube who seem to make a career out of uploading videos of women on TV wearing 'tights', showing 'legs', showing 'cleavage' or showing 3 pixels of their 'panties' with added slow motion and zoom.

I am always amused by the excitement over a hint of the panties of a model or actress who has been photographed in a bikini numerous times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    And boy has she got a story to report tonight! :o

And this morning! She'll have done 3 broadcasts within the space of 12 hours :o. Her persona on ITV News is as an ice queen, whereas she has a lot of warmth on Good Morning Britain, so shes brilliant at balancing the two which is rare to come across but much needed on breakfast TV. It's a shame they never gave her a chance on GMB and had her in place of Charlotte to begin with.
  • Options
    tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    JFoster1 wrote: »
    And this morning! She'll have done 3 broadcasts within the space of 12 hours :o. Her persona on ITV News is as an ice queen, whereas she has a lot of warmth on Good Morning Britain, so shes brilliant at balancing the two which is rare to come across but much needed on breakfast TV. It's a shame they never gave her a chance on GMB and had her in place of Charlotte to begin with.

I actually found Ranvir to be the only redeeming feature of Daybreak,
    She was always a consummate professional and I believe she is much underrated as a presenter, she may not be to everyone's taste but there is no way you can fault her professionally.
    Compared to Kate & Lorraine, she is miles ahead and dare I say she makes Susanna look ordinary.
    I also thought Louisa James should have been given a bigger role, Maybe I am biased but she really was pleasing on the eye. (Do not tell the wife ha ha)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    She was always a consummate professional and I believe she is much underrated as a presenter, she may not be to everyone's taste but there is no way you can fault her professionally.
    Compared to Kate & Lorraine, she is miles ahead and dare I say she makes Susanna look ordinary.
    I also thought Louisa James should have been given a bigger role, Maybe I am biased but she really was pleasing on the eye. (Do not tell the wife ha ha)

The Daybreak team was fine on the whole, but Lorraine & Aled just gave the impression that they weren't really sure what direction to go in. They could've achieved the same with Matt & Ranvir joining Ben & Susanna and using the likes of Louisa and Cordelia to fill in (Cordelia I also find to be very underrated). One of the things that long term viewers like in these types of programmes is seeing unknown people work their way up, rather than bringing in new presenters all the time, and thats probably where they went wrong in thinking Susanna would be able to turn things around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I fully agree! I've been watching... ahem... Louisa James for years! She is warm, friendly, skillful and utterly professional. She should be given Susanna's job IMO!
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Youuu, um...you seem to know an awful lot about this

;-)
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I will.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Ben and Susanna are great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danslink wrote: »
    Ben and Susanna are great.

Your dead right they are great together
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Don't forget the lovely helen fospero, also much underrated and very natural
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Helen Fospero is a milf along with Susannah, Charlotte, Kate and Ranvir.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Helen Fospero is a milf along with Susannah, Charlotte, Kate and Ranvir.

Your right sadly Charlotte isn't a milf as she doesn't have any kids
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Oh well I prefer the rest of them anyway lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp312 wrote: »
    Don't forget the lovely helen fospero, also much underrated and very natural

I've never really taken to Helen Fospero. There is a condescending air about her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    I've never really taken to Helen Fospero. There is a condescending air about her.

I think Fospero is a great presenter and has natural warmth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    I think Fospero is a great presenter and has natural warmth.

Agreed. Cannot understand why gmb didn't give her a position, even if it was just holiday cover
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The weakness of ITV's news coverage these days is underlined by the fact there are two huge international news stories running and ITV doesn't offer any sort of breakfast news coverage over the weekend, allowing the BBC to mop up and weaken ITV further - no wonder viewers turn to the BBC in times of crisis.