The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I missed this - what's she singing about this time? ebay? :D

EDIT: If so, Digital Spy are going to get a lot of automatic promotion out of it. Why has it got a hyperlink when I didn't put one there? :confused::o

Cocoons So its quite appropriate for this year :D

They are doing those awful advertisement links in posts aren't they :rolleyes: times like this make me glad I have Ad block plus :)
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Cocoons So its quite appropriate for this year :D

Thanks - I haven't heard of that website. :D
    They are doing those awful advertisement links in posts aren't they :rolleyes: times like this make me glad I have Ad block plus :)

There's an idea; maybe I'll give it a go as it is annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    contejas wrote: »
    Oh dear -- I've just heard the clips for Norway...(and the full song of Gothminister -- I really don't have any idea why I pay attention to Chuckens -- what a flop of a song that is -- but knowing Norway it's going to get through -- and perhaps split the vote for Emily's song...although Gothminister's song is quite tepid in comparison to Emilys...)

The problem is the only three good songs in Semi 3 are Gothminster (which sounds like a Growler version of The Sun Always Shines on TV by Aha to me...), Lucky Lips, and Anina Lavigne. The rest are either badly produced dance tracks or Idol victims.
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    globbits wrote: »
    The problem is the only three good songs in Semi 3 are Gothminster (which sounds like a Growler version of The Sun Always Shines on TV by Aha to me...), Lucky Lips, and Anina Lavigne. The rest are either badly produced dance tracks or Idol victims.

That's hardly a problem globbits, Norway have struggled to get 3 good ones in each of the previous semi's :p

It's 4.30am - what better time to treat my colleagues to Lys Assia feat New Jack via youtube on my new phone, they're very impressed (for impressed read traumatised)
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ahyeah wrote: »
    to be quite honest I don't really see anyone winning Unser Star fur Malmo other than Cascada. Good song, good reputation, good vocals, what more do you need?

Her reputation and fame was never that big in Germany compared to the UK and especially not compaed to Söhne Mannheims. Her vocals are decent for that sort of act and when she does accoustic. However here she'll have to dance and sing.

I'm not convinced the televote will go for her hugely the German televote never has gone for this style hugely in past NFs. I'd be surprised if that jury goes for her as well. She may do OK in the online vote if non Germans can vote.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.daserste.de/information/politik-weltgeschehen/morgenmagazin/stars-im-moma/index.html The fav Söhne Mannheims and Ben Ivory doing their accoustic versions.
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahyeah wrote: »
    to be quite honest I don't really see anyone winning Unser Star fur Malmo other than Cascada.
    I can't really see any other winner than Die Priester & Mojca Erdmann, though I may be in for a rude awakening :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    I can't really see any other winner than Die Priester & Mojca Erdmann, though I may be in for a rude awakening :p

I think they'll do quite well also.
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    I think they'll do quite well also.

I certainly hope so. I really like their song.
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Petra Mede! I didn't see that coming :eek:
    Katsuya wrote: »
    Petra Mede.
    Petra Mede apparently, what a let down :(
    Gwen 404 wrote: »
    boo i wanted sdf :(
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Well, it was quite clear that it wouldn't be SDF, and I think Petra Mede is going to be a good hostess :)
    ESC Ross wrote: »
    No SDF? :(:( .....

Awwww...
    Petra Mede eh? I'm slightly disappointed at no Sarah but I loved Petra in 2009! She's made for this role.

Most of you unhappy...
    I thought it was an excellent choice :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On 10 JAN I posted...
    (post 722)

"Hm. Maybe Valentina will be in Malmø?"

Must admit I didn't really believe in it myself...
    She's a good singer. Good choice by SMR...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, event in Munich was really good.

Friderika, Tom Dice, Pasha and Sandra Reemer.

Must admit I find Tom Dice a bit boring. He sings well, but it's very "safe"...
    Friderika was good. Strange to see her after almost 20 years.

Pasha was excellent. He looks so good on stage, and Sandra did also a very good job. Tom left early, but had a picture with other three ;)

Met Pasha again on Monday in Salzburg with his girlfriend. They are both really sweet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, Heat 2 in Norway was so so. I liked Haji, even if it wasnt the best performance ever. Something wrong with the in-ear thingy :(

Margaret is fab, and clearly the best until now.

Heard the Danish winner. Must admit I don't really get all the fuss. It's a nice song and all that,. but...

OTOH, my friend introduced me to Lalala, and I absolutely love it. Germanys best since 99 if the send it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I mentioned a while ago the Bulgarian representatives of 2007 were hinting they'd go again now the press are saying the same http://www.24chasa.bg/Article.asp?ArticleId=1747160
    Forum Member
    As I mentioned a while ago the Bulgarian representatives of 2007 were hinting they'd go again now the press are saying the same http://www.24chasa.bg/Article.asp?ArticleId=1747160

Yesss :D
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have odds for qualification to the final from Melfest heat 1. Look away Cookies N Beans fans. :( From Svenska Spel (who have heard the songs now):

David Lindgren 1.30
    Cookies N Beans 13.25
    Jay-Jay Johanson 16.00
    Mary N’diaye 4.00
    Eric Gadd 13.25
    YOHIO 3.45
    Anna Järvinen 2.70
    Michael Feiner & Caisa 2.20
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Wonder who this Anna Järvinen might be; she has a totally Finnish name, but have never heard of her... (Probably a Finnish-Swede. ;))
    That sounds great, but it will be a hard job for them to match their 2007 entry :) It was brilliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Bulgaria have confirmed an internal selection for the act and then a choice of three songs to be made by the public. Is it unfair if I were to say that all Elitsa and Stoyan songs sound the same anyway >_>
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    Bulgaria have confirmed an internal selection for the act and then a choice of three songs to be made by the public. Is it unfair if I were to say that all Elitsa and Stoyan songs sound the same anyway >_>

I think we can expect something folky or very Bulgaian as it's on liberation day. All their entries are based on symbolics and numerology
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does sound like Bulgaria have a big chance to get in the final, where they haven't been since... 2007, with Elitsa and Stoyan :D
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwV4T2sU9m8

Just been re-watching the qualifiers from 2011- how cute is Anna when she qualifies?

Anke is clearly thrilled, too!
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cookies n Beans clip.......

http://www.svt.se/melodifestivalen/kanslosamt-och-dramatiskt-med-cookies-n-beans

This could be good.

I have to say I like the look of the stage. It seems to be more open and spacious, with a lighter look to it.

David Lindgren's routine looks like a continuation of Danny's from last year, The close-up shots with the guys "hand dancing" are laughable.
    Forum Member

I much prefer that to David Lindgren.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listening to the clips of David and Cookies N Beans, I don't think either of them is as good as their previous effort tbh. I trust David to put on a great live performance though.
This discussion has been closed.