Which DS forum/s do you avoid?

ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
Forum Member
Are there any forums on DS, you tend to avoid?

I usually avoid 'The Showbiz Forum' as it seems very much like the Daily Mail, where negativity towards women is very common.

Comments

• JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any forums on DS, you tend to avoid?

I usually avoid 'The Showbiz Forum' as it seems very much like the Daily Mail, where negativity towards women is very common.

Same here, I don't get the popularity of the Katie Price/Peter Andre/Cilla Black bashing threads either. If you don't like em then don't post about them.

I also avoid the tecchie forums as they bore me rigid.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't 'avoid' any, i just go into the ones i'm interested in - DG, Sports, BB, US TV Shows, Music. The others i rarely venture into.
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish there was a way of hiding a forum you are not interested in.
    I always click "New posts" and hate it when all that is on the list is big brother or Xfacor etc
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Brother is somewhere I've only peeked at - it was scary in there and I never went back. The X Factor appreciation threads baffle me too. Oh and I'd never dare post in Politics.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All apart from General and Advice (occasionally food).
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Showbiz, Xcraptor, Reality related stuff and politics.
  • vodkamargarinevodkamargarine Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnitaS wrote: »
    Big Brother is somewhere I've only peeked at - it was scary in there and I never went back. The X Factor appreciation threads baffle me too. Oh and I'd never dare post in Politics.

Oh boy you are right about the BB one!! I look at it every day but don't often post as they are all soooo scarey and if you don't go along with the general thought they all jump on you!! lol :D:D
  • swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    I don't 'avoid' any, i just go into the ones i'm interested in - DG, Sports, BB, US TV Shows, Music. The others i rarely venture into.

Me too,
    DG, Politics, BB and sport.

Only BB when theres something controversial going on.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the subject isn't of interest to me then I don't bother reading that particular forum.
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only post here, The PC one occasionally and Doctor Who.

I actively avoid Politics.
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Showbiz and politics. Seems to have a lot of threads started by people who actually believe everything they read in the media, especially the tabloid media.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't avoid any forum on here, but I don't bother with some because they're of no interest to me. I'll only maybe bother with the sport forum when the snooker's on. Apart from that I don't bother with it.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of them.

It's not very effective.
  • wolfticketwolfticket Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heh. I just somehow accidentally clicked on General Discussion when I meant to click on Sport, this was the top thread...

To be honest I mostly avoid this one :)
    Far to many angry post about controversial topics for me.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't avoid them but I don't think I have ever looked into the following: Pets, Soaps, Big Brother/X-Factor/Strictly/Voice etc, Showbiz, Fashion, Comics or Gaming. None are of any interest at all.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only visit two most of the time. GD and Advice. I occasionally pop into the Sky HD forum but not often. Nothing else holds any interest for me or there are better versions elsewhere.
  • KittiaraKittiara Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only tend to read GD. I'll sometimes peek at the BB forum (but I've stopped watching that show now), Advice, Pets and TV Shows: US.

I guess I actively avoid Politics, even though I study it. It's scary in there!
  • zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I avoid Politics, Sports, Showbiz, Fashion and Comics

I only go into Broadcasting, TV Shows UK, Sky, Freeview and General Discussion but I will sometimes go into other threads but not very much.
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    To add to my OP.

I've never ventured into the Doctor Who, The Voice, Comics, Cable, Terrestrial, Online Entertainment Services, Politics, or Fashion & Beauty forums.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Showbiz and Politics.

Both just a bit too earnest for comfort.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only really read and post in the broadcasting, TV shows: UK, showbiz, music, GD and ocassionally advice forums. Once I posted in the food and drink one and a couple of times in the fashion one, pretty basic/dumb threads but there you go lol. I avoid the politics forum as I hear its quite heated and im not interested in reality TV shows, soaps or cult shows so I avoid those forums. I also don't tend to load the digital entertainment services or gadgets forums.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I avoid the Big Brother/X Factor/The Voice/Strictly Come Dancing forums as I absolutely detest the shows.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fearless. I even go in the BB one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish there was a way of hiding a forum you are not interested in.
    I always click "New posts" and hate it when all that is on the list is big brother or Xfacor etc
    Yeah I agree, I often use the 'new post' feature and it's plagued by Big Brother threads. :mad:
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Politics and anything technical.

Ask a simple question and be prepared to be bombarded with stats and technical data by those who reside there.