Options

Russell Brand at 2009 VMAs

BobbyNoMatesBobbyNoMates Posts: 1,195
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With all the fuss about Kanye, I've heard nowt about ol Russ. Does anyone know how he went down this time? I don't have MTV so can't see for myself!

Comments

• Options
    NeitNeit Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he was the same as he always is, but behaved himself *cough andy sachs *cough
  • Options
    mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why they chose Russell Brand to present this programme. At least half the audience look bored when he is on including me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is Russell has the ability to pull off a really good monologue, but the Americans aren't as into the sex thing as he is, and its a shame he feels the need to always resort to it, because he can be really funny without it.

Plus he does sometimes speak too fast, and I wonder if Americans get lost with his meandering sentences sometimes
  • Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was quite funny on Ryan Seacrest's radio show this morning....

Ryan : So the question I woke up asking was "Did Russell sleep with Lady Gaga?"
    Russell: Thats the question I woke up asking too. I had a fumble around my bed and found a penis but it turned out it was my own.

:D:D

Russell said the teleprompter broke during the show and he was left to his own devices for awhile - thats like leaving a toddler alone in a china shop isnt it??:D I didnt see it so dont know what happened.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He done better than last year.
    Hardly said anything controversial and was entertaining.

He could of put a few Kanye digs in there though, like he did last year .
  • Options
    xtjx01xtjx01 Posts: 3,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all the fuss about Kanye, I've heard nowt about ol Russ. Does anyone know how he went down this time? I don't have MTV so can't see for myself!

Russell always does a good turn.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Jmac04 wrote: »

Didn't that I kissed a girl singer, introduce him with "singing" ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't that I kissed a girl singer, introduce him with "singing" ?

haha yes, Katy Perry and Joe Perry (aerosmith) playing the guitar. You can see them in the pic.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching it. Opening monologue started a bit slowly but he got going. Celebs seemed a bit bored at first, but by the end of the monologue most seemed to be laughing.
  • Options
    ErinfanErinfan Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Apparently viewership went up by 20% last year when he presented the VMAs, so I can see why he was asked back. He's also more successful in America now due to film appearances.

He's did some hilarious appearances when promoting the show.
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Russell does a very good job,lol hes funny.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erinfan wrote: »
    Apparently viewership went up by 20% last year when he presented the VMAs, so I can see why he was asked back. He's also more successful in America now due to film appearances.

He's did some hilarious appearances when promoting the show.

Ratings were up again this year. Highest since 2002.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haha yes, Katy Perry and Joe Perry (aerosmith) playing the guitar. You can see them in the pic.

Oh my dear lord jesus christ. Joe Perry AND Russell Brand :eek:

It's official, there is a God!

*comes over very unneccessary!*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he use to be funny, now he's just a bore
  • Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His comment on the differences between UK and US was probably the closest he got to being controversial this year....

"Instead of truck, we say lorry, instead of elevator we say lift, and instead of letting people die in the street we have free healthcare." :D
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MD1500 wrote: »
    His comment on the differences between UK and US was probably the closest he got to being controversial this year....

"Instead of truck, we say lorry, instead of elevator we say lift, and instead of letting people die in the street we have free healthcare." :D

I laughed my arse off at that, hehe.
  • Options
    mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    Ratings were up again this year. Highest since 2002.

I would reckon that would be because of Kanye West's outburst and the publicity that that drew.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member

That was hilarious, I had to watch it again. I love Russell, he's a genius IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member

Probably a daft Q but are they related?
    And are Russell's MJ tats real?
  • Options
    caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OMG LOL :D Hilarious
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taboo wrote: »
    And are Russell's MJ tats real?

It's weird, he had them for Get Him To The Greek, but he always has them at the moment. Unless he'd been doing some filming backstage for Greek???

I don't *think* they're real, but he did joke about having them done for real to save time having them drawn on.
  • Options
    doughnut8doughnut8 Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russell always tries to hard in America like he is wanting their approval. He should relax a little and be himself more like he was on BBBM.
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xtjx01 wrote: »
    Russell always does a good turn.

so they say.;)
    I thought he did an excellent job myself.:cool: