ONLY Cheryl can win

CorkonionCorkonion Posts: 975
Forum Member
✭✭
Walsh, Minogue complain to Cowell
Wednesday 24 November 2010
X Factor judges Louis Walsh and Dannii Minogue have reportedly complained over the "preferential treatment" being given to Cheryl Cole's acts.

According to the Daily Star, Walsh and Minogue were said to be annoyed by the alleged favouritism shown to Cher Lloyd, Katie Waissel and Rebecca Ferguson, and have told Simon Cowell that things need to change.

Other complaints included Cole's arrival at rehearsals in a Rolls-Royce while they use 'ordinary cars' plus she apparently receives the best styling.

Plus there was also a query over the best performance slots in the live show's running order.

An insider reportedly told the paper: "It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Cheryl's acts are getting the best slots.

"Over the last couple of weeks both Dannii and Louis have been concerned about where their most vulnerable acts Paije [Richardson], Wagner [Carrilho] and Mary [Byrne], sit in the Saturday lineup.

"They've been in what everyone calls the 'graveyard' slots at the start of the show where viewers are most likely to forget their performances. Louis raised his concerns with Simon but was told to 'lump it'."

However, an X Factor spokeswoman said: "The order in which acts perform varies each week. None of the finalists are shown preferential treatment, with each of them getting their chance to shine on the stage."

Comments

• Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If true, I'm glad they've spoken up. It really is BLATANT.
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Corkonion wrote: »

However, an X Factor spokeswoman said: "The order in which acts perform varies each week. None of the finalists are shown preferential treatment, with each of them getting their chance to shine on the stage."

Hahahahahaha!!! :D:D:D

Talk about BOLLOCKS!!
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is becoming so obvious that the viewing public is now so very aware of it...

Beginning of the end.
  • Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member

ROFL. This has gotta be one of the funniest things I have read on here in ages :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I agree with them. Cheryl's acts do get the better slots. Cher will probably be on last this week because she was in the bottom two :rolleyes:. I think that 5 out of the 7 weeks one of Cheryl's acts has been on last :rolleyes: ;)

Haa, oh well :p
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    But Louis and Dannii are just going along with the script ... Where does this story fit into the plot of X factor Street ??
  • LolWtfLolWtf Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well all the manipulation in the world isn't going to make one of Cheryl's acts win so let them get on with it :D
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The article doesn't even make sense.

Firstly, what has the car the judges' arrive in got to do with, well, anything? :confused: Those cars their own ones, if Dannii and Louis want to arrive in a Rolls Royce then go buy one..

As for the running order, well the 3 acts used as examples all performed in the second half last week, and Paije still went. That would seem to ruin the whole "graveyard slot" idea. Wagner has had, I believe, the best slots out of ANY contestant, so it's laughable to use him as an example.

Finally, as has been pointed out time and time before, the running order is not meant to be fair or be based on who has or who hasn't gone first and/or last, it's based on which performances they can fit into which slots and what songs are being performed. Rarely do you want a dreary ballad to open the show, for example.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wagner and 1D have had the best slots without a doubt. They have never been 1st or 2nd. Katie gets good treatment but in a lesser degree. Cher and Rebecca are usually 2 or 3rd. Sometimes people just want to slam Cheryl's acts which is unfair imo.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl is certainly getting preferential treatment for sure. It's so blatantly obvious
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's unfair to the others, definitely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    it is obvious it is all about cheryl and her acts and don't blame louis and dannii complaining to simon but don't think simon is bothered about louis and dannii all he cares about is cheryl and keeping her happy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    While there is favouritism towards Cheryl's acts that can't be denyed, in the long run will it make any difference? If the public like an act enough they will vote for them. Acts that get through just because of their placement in the running order will obviously not get very far in the competition, or be successful afterwards.

In fact, I'm glad Simon rigs it sometimes, otherwise we'd be left with a bunch of Mary's at the later ends of the show. I much prefer Katie Waissel and Cher Lloyd causing trouble and making headlines than Belle Amie or FYD that literally are just THERE.

The only big loss this series has been Aiden, and I reckon most people didn't even care that he left anyway. Just look at the people that have left - FYD, Nicolo, Belle Amie, Diva Fever, Storm, Paije, John and TreyC - hardly winners are they? They didn't do much for the show than pad out the time, but if Simon didn't 'rig' it for those that were more entertaining to get through then half of them would still be here!

It's the contestants fault, either be majorly talented or headline grabbing else what's the point of keeping you around?
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Since she has 3 finalits left and everone but Louis has two then obviously they have to space them out, you can't exactly put the three girls on in a row so they'll either start the show or end it. It's basic time tabling.

If Wagner was on last it wouldn't matter as he's useless :D
  • LolWtfLolWtf Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since she has 3 finalits left and everone but Louis has two then obviously they have to space them out, you can't exactly put the three girls on in a row so they'll either start the show or end it. It's basic time tabling.

If Wagner was on last it wouldn't matter as he's useless :D

Why not?

Dannii had her 3 acts perform 1st, 2nd and 5th.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBWML wrote: »

The only big loss this series has been Aiden, and I reckon most people didn't even care that he left anyway. Just look at the people that have left - FYD, Nicolo, Belle Amie, Diva Fever, Storm, Paije, John and TreyC - hardly winners are they? They didn't do much for the show than pad out the time, but if Simon didn't 'rig' it for those that were more entertaining to get through then half of them would still be here!

It's the contestants fault, either be majorly talented or headline grabbing else what's the point of keeping you around?

I would actually argue that Treyc could have definately been a contender - if Cowell had liked her. He obviously didn't - this was evident since she got to the judges' houses stages last year, when he first branded her uninteresting. Therefore the public only took this on, even though Treyc is a heck of a lot more interesting, and more talented than Rebecca say - attempting different styles of music and singing, and actually moving during her performances. She has 10 times the personality of Leona, who has nothing intesting to say in her interviews, still.

The crucial difference is whether Cowell likes you or not.

Regarding the song order, it really should have been Paije or Mary singing last this past Saturday, as they haven't had the pimp slot yet (neither has Wagner, but he is always near the end anyway). Instead Katy got it, when she has already had it; obvious bias. I believe in previous series, everyone had a turn at the pimp slot until all the contestants left had had it - why is it different this year?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I very much doubt Dannii would ever put her place on the panel at such risk by speaking out to Cowell, especially as it clear he has not intrested in her all ready without her annoying him about Cowell. Minogue or Cole, I think we all know which one Simon Cowell would choose every day of the week.

Cher Lloyd was also on first last week if thats not a graveyeard spot I don't know what is.
  • MithMarrMithMarr Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why i am now all aboard the Wagner Express:D
  • CorkonionCorkonion Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MithMarr wrote: »
    This is why i am now all aboard the Wagner Express:D

tell us more............?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wagner and 1D have had the best slots without a doubt. They have never been 1st or 2nd. Katie gets good treatment but in a lesser degree. Cher and Rebecca are usually 2 or 3rd. Sometimes people just want to slam Cheryl's acts which is unfair imo.

^^^^ this.

Katie though has also had more late slots than anyone else.
    Wagner always gets late slots, and even Mary had a number of them in the first few weeks. A lot will also depend on the type of stage performance to give them time to set things up.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other complaints included Cole's arrival at rehearsals in a Rolls-Royce while they use 'ordinary cars' plus she apparently receives the best styling.

Ordinary cars? Doesn't Louis Walsh drive a Maserati?! :D

Besides, they take their own cars so it's just nonsense and a very clear sign that the article isn't true. If they want to buy a Rolls Royce, go buy one.

As for the styling, isn't she always being criticised for that? :D
    Plus there was also a query over the best performance slots in the live show's running order.

An insider reportedly told the paper: "It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Cheryl's acts are getting the best slots.

"Over the last couple of weeks both Dannii and Louis have been concerned about where their most vulnerable acts Paije [Richardson], Wagner [Carrilho] and Mary [Byrne], sit in the Saturday lineup.

"They've been in what everyone calls the 'graveyard' slots at the start of the show where viewers are most likely to forget their performances. Louis raised his concerns with Simon but was told to 'lump it'."

What nonsense. Wagner's worst position has been 7th out of 11. On all other occasions, he has sung in the final third of the show and received more favourable slots than anyone else in the competition. Mary receives equally good slots to the likes of Matt and Rebecca - who is apparently favoured as well.

Paije's slots were the worst, but only just worse than Cher who we are told is favoured despite the fact that in 7 weeks, she has only performed in the second half of the show on two occasions.
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree, both 1D and Wagner usually get the best slots. I dont know what people are moaning about. Didn't Cher go 2nd this last week?

I think that it is time that Wagner or 1D opened the show.

As per usual everybody jumps on the bandwagon to have a go about Cheryl. No shock there then!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBWML wrote: »
    While there is favouritism towards Cheryl's acts that can't be denyed, in the long run will it make any difference? If the public like an act enough they will vote for them. Acts that get through just because of their placement in the running order will obviously not get very far in the competition, or be successful afterwards.

In fact, I'm glad Simon rigs it sometimes, otherwise we'd be left with a bunch of Mary's at the later ends of the show. I much prefer Katie Waissel and Cher Lloyd causing trouble and making headlines than Belle Amie or FYD that literally are just THERE.

Yes, I agree with you 100%. All those that have gone would not have won anyway and Simon knows this. I felt sorry for Paije but it is obvious that he has not got a massive fan base. Cher is quirky and different and without a doubt the reason both Simon and Louis kept her in over Paije.

You will always get the same people that moan, year after year about Cheryl getting favourtism and most people hate the fact that she still has 3 acts left. I still think that the best singers are Rebecca, Matt and Cher and I am so glad that these 3 are still there. I think that Mary has a fair voice but she is never going to be a pop singer, she should have gone into BGT instead of X factor. I would like to see Wagner and Mary go next and also Katie. I really, really hope that the last 4 will be Rebecca, Matt, Cher and 1 Direction!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trinity28 wrote: »
    it is obvious it is all about cheryl and her acts and don't blame louis and dannii complaining to simon but don't think simon is bothered about louis and dannii all he cares about is cheryl and keeping her happy

Good!
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is becoming so obvious that the viewing public is now so very aware of it...

Beginning of the end.

Naked pursuit of ratings at the expense of all else is all well and good but there comes a point when the viewers realise they are being taking for mugs and turn on a show.

If the X Factor were a soap then the closest comparison would be this is its Dallas dream season.